***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,520,488 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone got any good deals on Sunday tickets? Looking my take my oldest.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm really considering going Sunday night as well
AgLA06
AG
E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Hearing we play around 3 on Saturday

Edit: I just know it's the afternoon slot. Not sure the exact time of first pitch.
Confirmed: 3:45pm first pitch on Saturday
I just got offered a ticket to the Stro's game sat but I really want to watch the Aggie game and not via my phone from the juicebox... i'm torn on what to do
Stop over thinking it. Bring ear buds to listen if you want and record the Bama game.
Eso si, Que es
Farmer1906 said:

I remember ALDS ticket prices falling to face value as it got closer to game day on secondary markets. I plan to buy some tickets Saturday night for Sunday game game
Beat40
Boiling Denim said:

Prosperdick said:

The Porkchop Express said:

tjack16 said:

It's entirely possible the Rangers upset Baltimore. Both new teams to the playoff scene, so the layoff might come back to bite the Os.

I also think our series goes at least 4 games. Tough pitching matchups!
The Rangers are just as likely if not the slight favorite in my book. They just shredded the 2nd best record in the AL and should have all the confidence in the world.

Baltimore has been the best team in the league for the second half of the year, but they have very little post-season experience. As far as I can tell, only Kyle Gibson has been to the WS, and that was last year when he pitched 1 inning against us for the Phillies. Their only starter in the lineup who has been to the playoffs is Adam Frazier, and that was last year for the Mariners. Every other guy is under 30.

History says that teams like this usually take a few playoff tries to really go deep. The Astros were kind of a fluke to go ALDS, no playoffs, win WS in 3 years. The intensity is suddenly the roof where every single pitch seems like it's the bottom of the 9th with 2 out; every time you can get to a team's bullpen seems like it's worth 2 runs, and every error in the field feels like you just ruined the season. Will be great TV to see how they respond.

How much experience do the rangers have? I know Altuve's son Chapman does but who else? I know they won't get the benefit of playing a road game where you can barley hear the crowd. That all being said I hope they beat the O's, they are incredibly talented.

What don't tell me you've already forgotten Will Smith crapping all over us in 2021?

Seager, Semein, Garver and Montgomery have experience

They've got some dudes
I think that is going to be a really fun series to watch.

The O's are young enough and talented enough to not really know any better, kind of like when the Bengals went to the Super Bowl. I actually expect them to be pretty loose.
Beat40
AgLA06 said:

E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Edit: I just know it's the afternoon slot. Not sure the exact time of first pitch.
I just got offered a ticket to the Stro's game sat but I really want to watch the Aggie game and not via my phone from the juicebox... i'm torn on what to do
Stop over thinking it. Bring ear buds to listen if you want and record the Bama game.
I agree. You don't have many opportunities to go to a playoff games with tickets offered to you. Take them and enjoy the heck out of Altuve blasting post-season bombs at MMP.
07ag
AG
NTAS said:

Eso si, Que es said:

07ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

This is as massive a sports weekend I can remember:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??
perfect weather this weekend also, first time in months it won't be broiling outside,,, maybe i'll setup a tv or two in the backyard, grill some steaks, live my best life mow the grass, mow the sidewalk, weed eat the fence line, trim some bushes, pick up that container laying in the yard, roll up the hose, fix the head rest on the lounger, live my best life

FIFY
Bwahahaha, his wife got a TA account to bag on him!!!
lol if that was my wife it'd also include multiple mentions of spray for bugs, eradicate wasps, kill the mosquitoes etc

but yeah, my plan for saturday morning is to take care of the lawn.
tjack16
AG
E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

If your choice is to go to a game vs watch game? Always go

CoachAg19
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Farmer1906 said:

I remember ALDS ticket prices falling to face value as it got closer to game day on secondary markets. I plan to buy some tickets Saturday night for Sunday game game

This. You can easily wait until probably mid-day Sunday and find decent deals out there for much cheaper than what you'll find them going for today.
Class of 2010
AgLA06
AG
07ag said:

NTAS said:

Eso si, Que es said:

07ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??
perfect weather this weekend also, first time in months it won't be broiling outside,,, maybe i'll setup a tv or two in the backyard, grill some steaks, live my best life mow the grass, mow the sidewalk, weed eat the fence line, trim some bushes, pick up that container laying in the yard, roll up the hose, fix the head rest on the lounger, live my best life

FIFY
lol if that was my wife it'd also include multiple mentions of spray for bugs, eradicate wasps, kill the mosquitoes etc
How's living in the Amazon jungle?
Bert315
AG
Was hoping for fhe 7pm slot but won some tickets I. The Budweiser Brew House and not turning those down. Will be trying to stream the A&M game after first pitch.
07ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

07ag said:

NTAS said:

Eso si, Que es said:

07ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??

FIFY
How's living in the Amazon jungle?
you should see it now, between someone in the house always being sick so i haven't had time to deal with it, and the rain the past 2'ish weeks, it really is a jungle out there
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Personally I'll just watch the Ags until first pitch. Then set the DVR. Watch the Astros and then finish the Aggie game after.

If this thread can stay on topic it's just as good as watching both live
Back in 2017, I noticed that when I watched the Astros playoff games on TV, they tended to lose. So I quit watching, and they brought home that first WS trophy. That doesn't really explain 2019 or 2021,but that tactic worked out again last year. So I won't be watching, and especially this Saturday since I will be at Kyle Field.
AgLA06
AG
Thank you for your service!
Ag_07
AG
tjack16 said:

E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

If your choice is to go to a playoff game vs watch a regular season game? Always go

This is a no brainer
Prosperdick
AG
Quote:

What they do that could take down the Braves: Remember '21. If we end up with a pairing of the last two champions in the Fall Classic, it will be a bit of a turnabout. In 2021, an upstart Braves squad that won just 88 regular season games knocked off a 95-win Astros squad in six games. Adding to the indignity was that Atlanta finished off the Astros in Houston. The enduring image from the deciding contest was on a night when the roof was open at Minute Maid Park, Jorge Soler blasted a Luis Garcia pitch over the Crawford Boxes, over the head of the choo-choo commander up on the tracks and out onto the street and into the Texas night.
Snippet from ESPN, they're such petty b*tches.
W
AG
ESPN works in little digs at the Astros in almost all their articles

along with many back-handed pseudo-compliments
Marvin
AG
Prosperdick said:

Quote:

What they do that could take down the Braves: Remember '21. If we end up with a pairing of the last two champions in the Fall Classic, it will be a bit of a turnabout. In 2021, an upstart Braves squad that won just 88 regular season games knocked off a 95-win Astros squad in six games. Adding to the indignity was that Atlanta finished off the Astros in Houston. The enduring image from the deciding contest was on a night when the roof was open at Minute Maid Park, Jorge Soler blasted a Luis Garcia pitch over the Crawford Boxes, over the head of the choo-choo commander up on the tracks and out onto the street and into the Texas night.
Snippet from ESPN, they're such petty b*tches.

Yeah, that article was snarky as always. No sense linking it... "only Houston fans will root for the Astros, so no sense even trying to make an argument." Ok, whatever. Cry more, haha.
Pahdz
If anyone is coming to Minnesota for games let me know and I'll give you recs for places to stay, eat and drink. Beautiful weather planned next week. Unfortunately I'm going to be gone
Frok
AG
Just bought two tickets for Sunday night's game. I rarely go to games now since I have kids so pretty excited about this. Last time I went to a playoff game the Astros won big.

Big Al 1992
AG
Ok - too soon to talk about our bullpen order - not in October!
First out of the pen on Sat - Neris, Abreu, maybe HB? Will we ever see Montero, Stanek, Graveman unless it's dire straits?
CoachAg19
AG
W said:

What they added in there (more than once) about nobody rooting for Houston is pretty petty and pathetic, IMO. At the same time, I'm not even one bit surprised by it. Just adds more fuel to the fire.
Class of 2010
Farmer1906
AG
Fun one today.

https://www.mlbpickle.com/
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Fun one today.

2 guesses
Eso si, Que es
CFTXAG10 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Fun one today.

2 guesses

One, thanks OP
Farmer1906
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Ok - too soon to talk about our bullpen order - not in October!
First out of the pen on Sat - Neris, Abreu, maybe HB? Will we ever see Montero, Stanek, Graveman unless it's dire straits?
Early/middle in the game for potential multi-inning.
  • Brown
  • France / Urquidy (whoever doesn't start)

Med Leverage
  • Maton
  • Graveman
  • Stanek
  • Montero

High Leverage
  • Neris
  • Abreu
  • Pressly

Those are the general rule of thumb, but matchups matter too. Like Maton has been great vs RHP and terrible vs LHP this year.
Farmer1906
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Fun one today.

2 guesses

One, thanks OP
2 for me. I think yall can probably guess who my first guess is each day.
Prosperdick
AG
CoachAg19 said:

W said:

What they added in there (more than once) about nobody rooting for Houston is pretty petty and pathetic, IMO. At the same time, I'm not even one bit surprised by it. Just adds more fuel to the fire.
Lets go ahead and win 3 or 4 more titles and complete our transformation into the Patriots!
The Porkchop Express
AG
E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

If you don't go the ags are guaranteed to lose by 40
BayAg_14

E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Show me where Aggie football touched you. Ditch the Astros game.
cone
AG
**** that

screw ol rock
BayAg_14
Game 1 of a 5 game series where we have sucked at home vs the biggest football game A&M has had in a decade.
Ag_07
AG
Think of it this way...The Ags will play Bama every year for the foreseeable future with it being at Kyle Field every other year.

No guarantee the Stros make it back to the postseason.

Also...There's a bigger chance the Ags let you down than the Astros.
bearkatag15
AG
BayAg_14 said:

E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

You are on the wrong thread for that kind of talk. I will never fault anyone for choosing playoff baseball over a regular season football game
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Beau Holder
AG
bearkatag15 said:

BayAg_14 said:

E said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

You are on the wrong thread for that kind of talk. I will never fault anyone for choosing playoff baseball over a regular season football game
First Page Last Page
Page 2679 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.