***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,521,129 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Hearing we play around 3 on Saturday

Edit: I just know it's the afternoon slot. Not sure the exact time of first pitch.
Confirmed: 3:45pm first pitch on Saturday
07ag
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Edit: I just know it's the afternoon slot. Not sure the exact time of first pitch.
and 7 on sunday

swapping those times would be great for my schedule this weekend.

but, day game after a night game would be brutal for the players for a playoff series
wangus12
AG
aggiedata said:

Good Luck ****ers
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

It's entirely possible the Rangers upset Baltimore. Both new teams to the playoff scene, so the layoff might come back to bite the Os.

I also think our series goes at least 4 games. Tough pitching matchups!
The Rangers are just as likely if not the slight favorite in my book. They just shredded the 2nd best record in the AL and should have all the confidence in the world.

Baltimore has been the best team in the league for the second half of the year, but they have very little post-season experience. As far as I can tell, only Kyle Gibson has been to the WS, and that was last year when he pitched 1 inning against us for the Phillies. Their only starter in the lineup who has been to the playoffs is Adam Frazier, and that was last year for the Mariners. Every other guy is under 30.

History says that teams like this usually take a few playoff tries to really go deep. The Astros were kind of a fluke to go ALDS, no playoffs, win WS in 3 years. The intensity is suddenly the roof where every single pitch seems like it's the bottom of the 9th with 2 out; every time you can get to a team's bullpen seems like it's worth 2 runs, and every error in the field feels like you just ruined the season. Will be great TV to see how they respond.
AustinCountyAg
I for one am not happy about this start time.
07ag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I for one am not happy about this start time.
zero aggies are
texasaggie2015
AG
I'll just have to find me a seat at the bar and drink myself into a coma when the A&M game goes down to the wire and the Astros are tied going into the late innings
Prosperdick
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

tjack16 said:

It's entirely possible the Rangers upset Baltimore. Both new teams to the playoff scene, so the layoff might come back to bite the Os.

The Rangers are just as likely if not the slight favorite in my book. They just shredded the 2nd best record in the AL and should have all the confidence in the world.

Baltimore has been the best team in the league for the second half of the year, but they have very little post-season experience. As far as I can tell, only Kyle Gibson has been to the WS, and that was last year when he pitched 1 inning against us for the Phillies. Their only starter in the lineup who has been to the playoffs is Adam Frazier, and that was last year for the Mariners. Every other guy is under 30.

History says that teams like this usually take a few playoff tries to really go deep. The Astros were kind of a fluke to go ALDS, no playoffs, win WS in 3 years. The intensity is suddenly the roof where every single pitch seems like it's the bottom of the 9th with 2 out; every time you can get to a team's bullpen seems like it's worth 2 runs, and every error in the field feels like you just ruined the season. Will be great TV to see how they respond.

How much experience do the rangers have? I know Altuve's son Chapman does but who else? I know they won't get the benefit of playing a road game where you can barley hear the crowd. That all being said I hope they beat the O's, they are incredibly talented.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Personally I'll just watch the Ags until first pitch. Then set the DVR. Watch the Astros and then finish the Aggie game after.

If this thread can stay on topic it's just as good as watching both live
Farmer1906
AG
2 TVs it is.
CFTXAG10
AG
3:45pm start puts us late second quarter-ish of the A&M game

Not ideal but could be worse. I encourage you all to take your BP medicine with both of these teams playing on the same day.
gougler08
AG
Hope the 12thman Wifi is good from the stadium
tjack16
AG
We finally get an ALDS prime slot on Sunday
CFTXAG10
AG
gougler08 said:

I was able to stream Youtube TV at the Auburn game
07ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

2 TVs it is.
and i'll have a third or a tablet for the toddler's cartoons
512Ag
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Ags at 2:30
Astros at 3:45
Daughter's softball game 4:30
At least my son has an off week in soccer, otherwise I'm sure his match would be at 5:30.

BMX Bandit
tjack16 said:

We finally get an ALDS prime slot on Sunday
going to be potentially record low tv rating for that against cowboys & 49ers
Big Al 1992
AG
Here's to being up by 2 touchdowns by the time first pitch rolls around!
gougler08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

gougler08 said:

I was able to stream Youtube TV at the Auburn game
Nice! I'll need to bring the portable charger for sure then
All I do is Nguyen
This is as massive a sports weekend I can remember:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??
An L of an Ag
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??

You can say that again. October is the best month of the year - by FAR.
tjack16
AG
I'm anticipating an intense game at Kyle saturday so I'll probably just have the Astros score updates on.

But excited for a night game at Minute Maid Sunday. Hope the roof is open
07ag
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??
perfect weather this weekend also, first time in months it won't be broiling outside,,, maybe i'll setup a tv or two in the backyard, grill some steaks, live my best life

Boiling Denim
Prosperdick said:

The Porkchop Express said:

tjack16 said:

How much experience do the rangers have? I know Altuve's son Chapman does but who else? I know they won't get the benefit of playing a road game where you can barley hear the crowd. That all being said I hope they beat the O's, they are incredibly talented.

What don't tell me you've already forgotten Will Smith crapping all over us in 2021?

Seager, Semein, Garver and Montgomery have experience

They've got some dudes
wangus12
AG
An L of an Ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??

You can say that again. October is the best month of the year - by FAR.
Best month on the planet for a sports.

College Football, NFL, MLB Playoffs, NHL start, Soccer around the world + Champions League, NBA (if you like that dumb game)
JYDog90
AG
aggiedata said:

I was just at a fundraising bkfst for Judge Lincoln Goodwin and Mattress Mack was there wearing an Astros jersey with We Want Houston on back of it.
AgLA06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

nbbob said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091067-realistic-mlb-trades-that-could-happen-in-2023-24-offseason

Bleacher Report "realistic" trades. Cease for Diaz and France. Who says no?
Me... I say no....

Actually no... I say HELL NO
* Assuming we have a manager that actually plays him greater than 85% of the games he's healthy next year.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Willy Wonka said:

aggiedata said:

I was just at a fundraising bkfst for Judge Lincoln Goodwin and Mattress Mack was there wearing an Astros jersey with We Want Houston on back of it.

Did he try to bet you $750,000 that he could eat more pancakes than you?
AustinCountyAg
for those interested fanatics has a sale right now on the gold world series hats for half off with free one day shipping

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/houston-astros/new-era-men-hats-sale-items/o-3421+t-25770841+br-788029+ga-01+d-1225+os-1+z-9-3936359130?_ref=p-OSLP:m-SIDE_NAV
falcon09
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

for those interested fanatics has a sale right now on the gold world series hats for half off with free one day shipping

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/houston-astros/new-era-men-hats-sale-items/o-3421+t-25770841+br-788029+ga-01+d-1225+os-1+z-9-3936359130?_ref=p-OSLP:m-SIDE_NAV

I might have to grab one. New Era's sizing has gone to crap the last few years. My 7 5/8 2021 World Series hat fits perfect, but my 7 3/4 2022 Champs hat is so tight it hurts.
texasaggie2015
AG
Haha. That's why I can't buy fitted caps. The sizes vary so much in how they fit.
Eso si, Que es
07ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??
perfect weather this weekend also, first time in months it won't be broiling outside,,, maybe i'll setup a tv or two in the backyard, grill some steaks, live my best life mow the grass, mow the sidewalk, weed eat the fence line, trim some bushes, pick up that container laying in the yard, roll up the hose, fix the head rest on the lounger, live my best life

FIFY
NTAS
Eso si, Que es said:

07ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

OU/tu
A&M/Bama
MLB PLayoffs
Cowboys/49ers

Like...what??
perfect weather this weekend also, first time in months it won't be broiling outside,,, maybe i'll setup a tv or two in the backyard, grill some steaks, live my best life mow the grass, mow the sidewalk, weed eat the fence line, trim some bushes, pick up that container laying in the yard, roll up the hose, fix the head rest on the lounger, live my best life

FIFY
Bwahahaha, his wife got a TA account to bag on him!!!
E
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I just got offered a ticket to the Stro's game sat but I really want to watch the Aggie game and not via my phone from the juicebox... i'm torn on what to do
WES2006AG
AG
falcon09 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

I might have to grab one. New Era's sizing has gone to crap the last few years. My 7 5/8 2021 World Series hat fits perfect, but my 7 3/4 2022 Champs hat is so tight it hurts.
They are very inconsistent with their sizing. You can grab one of these if you want to stretch it out a bit.

Hat Stretcher
First Page Last Page
Page 2678 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.