***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,521,553 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mathguy64
AG
Damn near half of those are Jake in CF. He's got a great jump and is a Ferrari F430 out there covering ground. It's a shame his arm and decision making skills once he catches it are a Citroen 2CV
bearkatag15
AG

Even odds for Rangers/Orioles is a bit surprising considering Orioles has homefield advantage.
BadAggie
AG
Beat40 said:

Those last two starts did look really, really good. Looked more like the CJ of '22. If this is true, what a huge boost to the starting rotation that would be.

Urquidy's start last Friday was quality. JV turned in two great starts last week. Question mark is Framber imo.

For bullpen you can rely on Nervis and Abreu. Brother Phil had 4 good appearances to end the season. Pressly feels shaky but has good postseason history.

If somehow Graveman or even Montero got it together…

jkag89
PhatMack19 said:

In stark contrast to the NLDS where we almost always played the Braves.
bearkatag15
AG

At least he understands that he will be losing in the ALDS to the eventual World Series Champs
Farmer1906
AG
kb2001
AG
nbbob said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091067-realistic-mlb-trades-that-could-happen-in-2023-24-offseason

Bleacher Report "realistic" trades. Cease for Diaz and France. Who says no?
I would love to get Dylan Cease, I was hoping we would trade for him this season when the White Sox started unloading near the deadline. He's a stud, and he's 27, just coming into his prime playing years, and having a year with Verlander would help him a lot. He isn't worth France and Diaz. He would be worth giving up France and maybe Salazar, but that's probably not enough to get Cease. The fact that the Sox didn't move him at the deadline means they intend to keep him long term.

Diaz needs to be on the un-tradable list. Whether you like Maldanado or not, he only has a year or two left of being an MLB catcher. At this point, DIaz is our next catcher, and we need to keep him.
Sex Panther
AG
bearkatag15 said:

At least he understands that he will be losing in the ALDS to the eventual World Series Champs

So special he tried to leave twice...

p.s. I love Correa
kb2001
AG
bearkatag15 said:

"Building something special". But he will try and get a big deal with a different this offseason again.
AggiEE
Give Correa a healthy diet of sliders away and he's good for an automatic out
Texaggie7nine
7nine
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

*For some reason it is telling me the link is invalid
kb2001
AG
n_touch said:

bearkatag15 said:

This link works, get rid of the ? and everything after it

like this (i added spaces to make it show up): https://youtu .be/ wGFudJTWeYo

The Porkchop Express
AG
kb2001 said:

n_touch said:

bearkatag15 said:

This link works, get rid of the ? and everything after it

like this (i added spaces to make it show up): https://youtu .be/ wGFudJTWeYo

Ugh that game. Up 6-2 and thinking HOLY CRAP WE"RE DOING THIS!

I had that feeling again a few years back when the Texans jumped on the Chiefs and were up 24-0 in the Divisional Round game. If I recall correctly, the Chiefs won that game 357-31.
Beau Holder
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Stats like this always get me. Starting because of his career ERA against the Twins? How many of the current Twins hitters were in the lineup for all those career innings?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beau Holder said:

bearkatag15 said:

Stats like this always get me. Starting because of his career ERA against the Twins? How many of the current Twins hitters were in the lineup for all those career innings?
I think you're putting words in his mouth. He isn't saying JV's career #s are the reason he's starting.
Beau Holder
AG
Perhaps not but why mention it immediately subsequent in that context then, instead of something more germane to why he would start?

Framber might make more sense given the Twins' left-handed bats, in which case if he isn't the one starting, one would hope for more logic as to why than listing JV's career ERA against the Twins.

Saturday just seems so far away, in any case…
irish pete ag06
AG
SIAP did yal see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/16ztwcn/former_manager_of_video_advance_information_for/?share_id=DoBD20uPGF9BLglnGstnw&utm_content=1&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1&rdt=55503
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder said:

Perhaps not but why mention it immediately subsequent in that context then, instead of something more germane to why he would start?

Framber might make more sense given the Twins' left-handed bats, in which case if he isn't the one starting, one would hope for more logic as to why than listing JV's career ERA against the Twins.

Tweet deleted.
Farmer1906
AG
Not looking forward to this.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Let's not let them have the lead, at all, and we don't have to worry about trying to come back against this.
tjack16
AG
It's entirely possible the Rangers upset Baltimore. Both new teams to the playoff scene, so the layoff might come back to bite the Os.

I also think our series goes at least 4 games. Tough pitching matchups
irish pete ag06
AG
Bregxit said:

irish pete ag06 said:

SIAP did yal see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/16ztwcn/former_manager_of_video_advance_information_for/?share_id=DoBD20uPGF9BLglnGstnw&utm_content=1&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1&rdt=55503
Farmer posted a dissertation on it earlier.

I should have known. I love you farmer
An L of an Ag
AG
Beau Holder said:

"The ******* Germans ain't got nuthin to do with it!"
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He's getting grip help from somewhere
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Bregxit said:

irish pete ag06 said:

SIAP did yal see this?

I was trying to perform a public service. I was reading it, might as well chop out all the other reddit noise.

I am not sure we learned anything new per se. Just confirmation it wasn't used in the postseason and 0% in 2019. Also that someone else didn't think it was effective.

Prosperdick
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Bregxit said:

irish pete ag06 said:

SIAP did yal see this?

Another successful Texags hookup!
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Bregxit said:

irish pete ag06 said:

SIAP did yal see this?

Another successful Texags hookup!
Mathguy64
AG
wangus12 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's getting grip help from somewhere

Yep. Said it last night. All these guys throwing 102-104 with breaking balls at 97-98 are using something. You can't throw that dancing thing at 98 while holding half a baseball with your thumb and side of your forefinger and not have help.

And let's be intellectually honest here. Abreu is in that group. Not to the extreme of Bautista or Duran but he's at that limit.
aggiedata
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beau Holder said:

Well, that guy doesn't work for the Astros he's just a Twitter guy. It's not the like the Astros are putting those #s out to prove a point. Sounds like Framber might go now maybe?
07ag
AG
Boo

345 on saturday
7 on sunday

swap those and it'd be perfect

WES2006AG
AG
07ag said:

Boo

345 on saturday
7 on sunday

swap those and it'd be perfect
of course
First Page Last Page
Page 2677 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.