***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,521,970 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Playoff Correa in effect
Beau Holder
AG
Twins looking a little spooky, not gonna lie.
wangus12
AG
Our bats are gonna need to be awake early this weekend
Ag_07
AG
Yeah keeping Correa and Lewis in check is going to be the key. They're the ones who scare me.

Oh yeah...And not let them into the 9th with a lead because Duran is not human.
txag614
No way Duran's pitches are natural.
Beau Holder
AG
Some lefty bats plenty capable of doing damage also in Julien, Kepler, Kiriloff, and Wallner.
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder said:

Some lefty bats plenty capable of doing damage also in Julien, Kepler, Kiriloff, and Wallner.

This worries me the most. They're a bad match up for us.
txags11
AG
Uh DBacks catcher just got smoked on a follow through
HarryRocket
This is a very even series and we have rabbit foot keychain carrying pepaw as our decision maker.

Gonna have to get big swings from our big boys
CFTXAG10
AG
txags11 said:

Uh DBacks catcher just got smoked on a follow through

He's gonna Tua this thing and tough it out
txags11
AG
I don't think Torrey Louvello wants to keep him in..will be curious to see how the game goes on..
McInnis
AG
So young Biggio, after four post season games in his career, now with a .125 BA and no wins. Sure that's a small sample but you know this has to be painful for dad to watch.
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Beau Holder said:

May actually be an argument for starting Framber game 1, give yourself the best chance (in theory) to not fall behind with Lopez and Gray due up.
superaggie73
AG
McInnis said:

So young Biggio, after four post season games in his career, now with a .125 BA and no wins. Sure that's a small sample but you know this has to be painful for dad to watch.

Like father like son
CFTXAG10
AG
txags11 said:

I don't think Torrey Louvello wants to keep him in..will be curious to see how the game goes on..

Yeah, I think he wanted to pull him out. Trash fans booing him 5 minutes after a potential concussion
jkag89
superaggie73 said:

McInnis said:

Like father like son
The difference being Cavin is not counted upon to be one of the big bats for the Jays.
BayAg_14
Astros in 4.
HarryRocket
The comparisons of biggios isn't really fair. I didn't see the 3 headed 90's Braves or Kevin brown out there today.
txags11
AG
Torey pulled him, a manager that cares about his players, like it
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder said:

Farmer1906 said:

Beau Holder said:

May actually be an argument for starting Framber game 1, give yourself the best chance (in theory) to not fall behind with Lopez and Gray due up.

I agree. That way you can use him twice if needed. All at home.

Whoever starts 3 and 4 needs to be able to handle the cold.
Farmer1906
AG
HarryRocket said:

The comparisons of biggios isn't really fair. I didn't see the 3 headed 90's Braves or Kevin brown out there today.

Gray is probably going to be runner up to Cole for the Cy.
Farmer1906
AG
dshedd41
S
BTHO The Twins!
Gig’em Aggies!
ShotOver
AG
Any idea what time the game will be on Saturday? (Please don't overlap with the Ag's win…).
gougler08
AG
Unfortunately seems most likely it will overlap
All I do is Nguyen
When do ALDS roster come out?
BTKAG97
AG
AL East could only muster 2 runs in 4 games .
McInnis
AG
HarryRocket said:

I just looked up Craig's post season numbers and in 40 games he batted .234. Honestly I was surprised it is that high.

Bagwell's was .226. Man those guys struggled.
AustinCountyAg
Normally day before series starts
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Let's hope this weekend is just like the ALDS in 2018

- Aggies win overtime game vs #13 Kentucky
- Astros go up 2-0 on Cleveland
I was at that Astros playoff game and I knew it was going to be special because I got a HR ball (yes it was batting practice but I didn't care, it was still awesome).

Yes, the Ags beat UK but you forgot about the Texans beating the Cowboys in OT (or maybe a last second FG in regulation, I can't remember) on that Monday night. It was one of the best sports road trip 3 day weekends I've ever had.

The only negative was the sips beat OU in a crazy game where that ass hat Ehlinger told Kyler "Take the L."

I just realized I'm now talking football...bad Dickie, bad!
Prosperdick
AG
Bregxit said:

Prosperdick said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

BayAg_14 said:

Football without hesitation.

Wrong
I know we still have a few more days until Astros baseball but for the love of God can we not have a "I'd rather the Aggies lose than Astros" debate on this thread. I know I wouldn't shut up about Dusty or Maldy but for the most part, people agreed with my takes.

I don't want to read any negative football takes on an Astros thread so lets just stick to the games happening this week and when Ketch is going to disclose which veterans (rightly) can't stand Dusty.

After two months of many of us asking you to shut the **** up about Dusty you have the audacity to ask for a topic change. GTFOH.
I also acknowledged the irony so you can GTFOH.
tjack16
AG
Prosperdick said:

tjack16 said:

Let's hope this weekend is just like the ALDS in 2018

- Aggies win overtime game vs #13 Kentucky
- Astros go up 2-0 on Cleveland
I was at that Astros playoff game and I knew it was going to be special because I got a HR ball (yes it was batting practice but I didn't care, it was still awesome).

Yes, the Ags beat UK but you forgot about the Texans beating the Cowboys in OT (or maybe a last second FG in regulation, I can't remember) on that Monday night. It was one of the best sports road trip 3 day weekends I've ever had.

The only negative was the sips beat OU in a crazy game where that ass hat Ehlinger told Kyler "Take the L."

I just realized I'm now talking football...bad Dickie, bad!

Yeah I was at game 2 as well. I want to say it ended right as the Aggie game was in the 1st or maybe 2nd quarter. I raced back home and caught the 4th + OT
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Beau Holder said:

It's still not clear to me why Berrios was pulled to begin with.
It's playoff baseball. The time of the year when every manager turns into Dave Roberts and overmanages the game from the minute they finish their morning bowl or Cheerios.
It's what I call the fishbowl effect. Each manager knows the camera is locked on them whenever a pitcher gets into even a whiff of trouble so they feel they HAVE to act to show how managerial they are. Dusty wasn't like that last playoffs and I gave him kudos for it. For instance, in the World Series when Verlander got into major trouble I bet 95% of skippers would have asked for the ball.
maca1028
I hate that the sponsors patches are still on the jerseys for the playoffs
First Page Last Page
Page 2674 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.