***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,522,316 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
bullard21k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any guesses as to what game time will be for game 2 on Sunday?
bearkatag15
AG
bullard21k said:

Any guesses as to what game time will be for game 2 on Sunday?

FS1 has 3pm and 7pm blocked out for the ALDS on Sunday.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
n_touch
Cromagnum said:

ESPN cameras caught lightning at MMP yesterday. All we need is a purple Muppet to count pennants and we're set.

htxag09
AG
Yeah, that picture is a year old, minimum. Schlumberger changed to SLB, and they 100% changed the sign before the playoffs. I remember talking to my boss and saying if we lost in the playoffs we should all blame SLB and not award them anymore work.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Nope. He's not coming back. If he does, there will be an absolute mess to clean up with unhappy guys in clubhouse and in the front office.

As far as Maldy goes, I don't expect him back either.... as a player.
Prosperdick
AG
n_touch said:

Cromagnum said:

ESPN cameras caught lightning at MMP yesterday. All we need is a purple Muppet to count pennants and we're set.

I'll answer for Cromagnum:
Red Five
AG
htxag09 said:

Yeah, that picture is a year old, minimum. Schlumberger changed to SLB, and they 100% changed the sign before the playoffs. I remember talking to my boss and saying if we lost in the playoffs we should all blame SLB and not award them anymore work.
It's at least 4 years old. No pennants for 19, 21, or 22.
htxag09
AG
good call, your detective skills are better than mine...too obvious for me lol
Mr President Elect
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mr President Elect said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Personally I'd prefer the early game so I can watch and then lead straight intro he Ags.

If it's later they will overlap
Wouldn't the early game overlap with the Ags? What are the time slots?

3pm and 8pm for FS1
texasaggie2015 said:

We'll have an 11-0 lead in the 8th by the time the Aggies start.

Am I missing something here? Ags at 2:30, Stros at 3pm right?
Mr President Elect
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Nope. He's not coming back. If he does, there will be an absolute mess to clean up with unhappy guys in clubhouse and in the front office.

Is there a rift with the players, maybe aside from Chas and Diaz? It always seems as if the players like Dusty
n_touch
Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Is there a rift with the players, maybe aside from Chas and Diaz? It always seems as if the players like Dusty
They may like him, but not giving them the best chance to win may wear thin real quick. These guys are in no hurry for the winning window to stop. IMO
Deluxe
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Which is it though? The two statements don't really mix.

Are you 100% sure that Dusty will not be back even if we win the WS?

Or is it your opinion that he won't be back because there would be some people unhappy in the FO/clubhouse?
Mr President Elect
AG
n_touch said:

Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

They may like him, but not giving them the best chance to win may wear thin real quick. These guys are in no hurry for the winning window to stop. IMO
I agree, but at the same time I think the players might be a little more in the thinking that they themselves need to play better and that X in the lineup is a very capable player
AgLA06
AG
Mr President Elect said:

n_touch said:

Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I agree, but at the same time I think the players might be a little more in the thinking that they themselves need to play better and that X in the lineup is a very capable player
If your bonuses depended on it results, would you be ok with an anchor in the lineup that can't play defense or hit?
bearkatag15
AG
Mr President Elect said:

bearkatag15 said:

Mr President Elect said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Personally I'd prefer the early game so I can watch and then lead straight intro he Ags.

If it's later they will overlap
Wouldn't the early game overlap with the Ags? What are the time slots?

3pm and 8pm for FS1
texasaggie2015 said:

We'll have an 11-0 lead in the 8th by the time the Aggies start.

Am I missing something here? Ags at 2:30, Stros at 3pm right?
I doubt they will start the Baltimore game at 9pm their time so if those timeslots hold, I anticipate we get the late game Saturday and the early game sunday.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Beat40
AgLA06 said:

Mr President Elect said:

n_touch said:

Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

If your bonuses depended on it results, would you be ok with an anchor in the lineup that can't play defense or hit?
There aren't many player bonuses that depend on another player. I don't know why any Astro player would have a bonus that would be affected by Maldy playing.

I don't think they care about Maldy playing from that standpoint.
spadilly
S

AgLA06
AG
Beat40 said:

AgLA06 said:

Mr President Elect said:

n_touch said:

Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

There aren't many player bonuses that depend on another player. I don't know why any Astro player would have a bonus that would be affected by Maldy playing.

Many of them have bonuses for total games won and playoff appearances at various levels.

They care.
CoachAg19
AG
Deluxe said:

A few thoughts:

1) If we don't win the World Series this year, Dusty will clearly be gone. But if we do, I'm a believer in the MJ doctrine that if you win a title, you have the right to defend it. Winning back-to-back titles is soooooo difficult. It would likely be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for most of us.

Maybe Dusty would make it easy on us and voluntarily hang it up. Going out on top as back-to-back champs seems like a nice option for him. But if he really wants to come back and go for three, I'd error on the side of letting him. Looking forward to hearing everyone adamantly agree with this take.

2) For next year, I really like the Diaz plan of 100 games behind the plate, 25 at 1B and 25 at DH/LF. That leaves 62 games behind the plate. I think Maldy is perfect for a part time role. Keep him in the clubhouse. Let him be JV's personal catcher and sprinkle him another game per week. In September, evaluate how JV is doing. If he's pitching like an ace, consider letting Maldy continue catching him into October. If JV is good but not great, Diaz catches him from September on.

3) On the bullpen front, I like the idea bringing back Neris or adding Hader. Then we've got our allotment of high lev guys. Assuming our staff can generally stay healthy next year, I think we'll eat alot more low/med lev bullpen innings with starters-not-in-the-rotation. The fact that we couldn't do that much this year cuz of the injury bug hurt badly in terms of keeping the staff fresh.

Dusty isn't coming back.
Maldy should not come back unless it's as part of the coaching staff.
Neris should be a priority for the FO.
Class of 2010
Beat40
Deluxe said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Or is it your opinion that he won't be back because there would be some people unhappy in the FO/clubhouse?
Of course I'll let him answer, but the statements don't really contradict each other.

I believe he's saying as things stand right now, he's not coming back. However, if there is some reason that changes (Crane can do what he wants), then there will be a huge mess to clean up.
texasaggie2015
AG
Beat40
AgLA06 said:

Beat40 said:

AgLA06 said:

Mr President Elect said:

n_touch said:

Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Many of them have bonuses for total games won and playoff appearances at various levels.

They care.
Which players have bonuses for games won? Are you saying Bregman or anyone else has bonuses that kick in if they with 95+ games?
texasaggie2015
AG
Yes it was a hypothetical. Thought that was pretty clear. My bad.
n_touch
texasaggie2015 said:

Crap now the Astros will have to play at 8am in the early game
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Of course I'll let him answer, but the statements don't really contradict each other.

I believe he's saying as things stand right now, he's not coming back. However, if there is some reason that changes (Crane can do what he wants), then there will be a huge mess to clean up.
He said "he's not coming back" in response to me saying I'd error on the side of bringing him back IF we win the WS. That's a pretty definitive statement with no conditions.

But I agree that it's hard to tell when 2015 is relaying info from an inside source and stating his own opinion. Sometimes they interweave a little.
Deluxe
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yes it was a hypothetical. Thought that was pretty clear. My bad.
Gotcha. So to be clear, you have no inside info about Dusty being gone no matter what. It's just your opinion that he will be gone (even if we win the WS) because some people in the clubhouse/FO wouldn't be happy about it?
texasaggie2015
AG
I've stated here before that everything I've been told leads me to believe there's almost a zero percent chance Dusty is back next year no matter the outcome. The tension between him and the front office is almost beyond repair if it isn't already and there's some veteran guys who are unhappy as well. That's all I'm comfortable saying on a public message board in the middle of a pennant race.

Of course, I'm just repeating what I've heard. I can't/won't guarantee anything.
texasaggie2015
AG
What were the time slots for the division series games on Saturday? If the Orioles play at noon, do the Astros play at 3? Or could they play later?
Farmer1906
AG
Ketch, I an led pipe locks, hot takes, and juicy details. C'mon mayne.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

What were the time slots for the division series games on Saturday? If the Orioles play at noon, do the Astros play at 3? Or could they play later?
I believe (going off my poor memory here) that the networks alternate. Turner / Fox / Turner / Fox. So if they first game is at 1 (12 our time) then there should be a 3pm game on Turner then our game should be around 6 on Fox. And then one more Turner game after.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So is the game projected to be on TBS? I don't think I have TBS on Fubo…. I hope someone posts a link to stream.
texasaggie2015
AG
I don't even want to imagine what a 2:30pm A&M/Bama kick and a 3pm Astros ALDS first pitch would do to my liver
Ag_07
AG
Death, taxes, the Stros making the postseason, and endless discussion on MMP roof status and game times

All certainties in life
Ag_07
AG
Eat a couple gummies and you won't have to drink
Farmer1906
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

So is the game projected to be on TBS? I don't think I have TBS on Fubo…. I hope someone posts a link to stream.
The AL is on Fox this year. It alternates each year. We were on Turner last year and will be again next year.
First Page Last Page
Page 2668 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.