***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,527,676 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hang another banner. Most days in 1ST place.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Go sign him for 2024
jakelew04
AG
Nobody Knows My Name said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Pitch clock absolutely improved the game for the majority of fans. I'm just not convinced it belongs in the playoffs.
I don't think you do away with it, but maybe add some time. I think the pitch clock was a HUGE success this year. Agree playoffs should be treated differently, but I don't think you completely get rid of it.
For those of you that feel this way, why do you think it should change in the playoffs? There are changes for the playoffs that make sense to me like extra innings, but pitch clock changes the whole flow of the game.

Genuinely curious why some would want to modify it if they liked the effect it had on the game/experience during the regular season.
Big Al 1992
AG
Ok I may have watched that 3 times and sent it out to another 5 people.
Taxman90
AG
I don't think it's too controversial to say every run and essentially every pitch means more in the playoffs. I don't want to go back to 4 hour playoff games but a somewhat more liberal adjustment to the clocks would be nice. But it needs to be something planned before the season, not just quickly added right before the playoffs start. So for this year I agree status quo is best.
spadilly
S
At least we don't have runners starting on second in extras for the playoffs.
Beau Holder
AG
That's enough for me. I get it for the long season and I'm glad they get why it's not meant for the playoffs.

There's nothing wrong with pace, we saw it markedly improved the game all year. There will still be all the tension and big moments there always is, it just won't be 90 seconds of standing around in between and will make conditioning and game flow a relevant factor.
jkag89
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Go sign him for 2024
Hell NO!

The man is a proven club house cancer.

Do you really want this head case on the 'Stros?

Ag_07
AG
Jeez what a clown
Bulldog73
AG
If Dusty is back, yes please. If he's back, we'll riot though.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

speaking of choke....pretty interesting video from Bauer.

Without any marks on her face…her face looks swollen but she looks happy about it

She's trash. I believe It was entrapment, but doesn't mean he didn't do plenty of rough stuff that shouldn't be done even consensually.
RED AG 98
AG
Very slippery slope you've created there if you are referrign to criminality. "Shouldn't" isn't a legal term. Morality is a different matter altogether, and I happen to fully agree there, but that's not the standard of law.

She needs to go to prison and the MLB should absolutely reinstate him (no desire to see him wear an Astro uniform). Will be interesting to see the MLBPA's take on this one for sure.

ETA: GREAT BIG CAVEAT -- assuming what he said is true.
LarryBird
Now we are being blamed for Emily Jones taking down her twitter why are rangerette fans so weak and limp wristed?
Mathguy64
AG
Who is Emily Jones and what did Astros fan allegedly do to her on Twitter?
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

That's what I was going to ask.
jkag89
MLB has already reinstated him. Every team could have had him for the league minimum with the Effin' Dodgers having to pick up what was left on his contract. Whatever upside Bauer might bring is just not worth the other **** he brings to the table in the opinion of every MLB team. All of his accusers very well might be POS, still it is Bauer that put himself into this situation by having relations with such.
LarryBird
Quote:

Quote:

DannyDuberstein said:
The baylor of mlb fans

With this fanbase their teams success isn't appreciated for much more than a vehicle to taunt another teams fanbase. It's a chance to post T&A pics that arent tolerated on other threads, make up stupid geography references & even more stupid nicknames of other teams, to refer to yourself as "daddy" when talking to a full grown adult, to trash the manager who brought them their only legitimate WSC, etc, etc, etc.

IOW - trash...
lol why are rangers suck freaking little dorks...Danny seems to have some serious mental issues, blames Houston aggies for A&M's failures.
Farmer1906
AG
I feel like plenty of guys have been forgiven for much more (Osuna, Ozuna, German, Urias the first time, Chapman). MLB seems to be making a point of blackballing him.
The Porkchop Express
AG
It would be great if we could stop having to report back on the Rangers' thread hour by hour now that the playoffs have started.
RED AG 98
AG
I tend to agree here. While this was still open he was pretty much unsignable.
jkag89
I don't disagree but IMO he brought this **** show down upon himself. I have absolutely no sympathy for him.
LarryBird
The Porkchop Express said:

It would be great if we could stop having to report back on the Rangers' thread hour by hour now that the playoffs have started.
Emily Jones thing is all over twitter. She's the tv host for rangers pre and post game.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't like the dude at all. I love when Breggy clowned him. Even scumbags deserve to be treated fairly by institutions.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

She is the side field reporter for the Rangers. She got upset at Tags tweet below;

She responded with something about how they only partied for 30mins and then went up against an Ace the next day. Then she tweeted again asking Astros fans to stop getting in her DMs calling her a skank. Then she deactivated her account.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

tjack16
AG
I'd never sign Bauer even without all the legal stuff. He's one of, if not the biggest Astros hater in the MLB and continuously tried to stir up crap about us.

Also him throwing the ball over the fence. Locker room cancer IMO
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Johnsy3
AG
Johnsy3 said:

Predicted Record: 99-63
Team MVP: Yordan Alvarez
Team Cy Young: Framber Valdez
Rookie of the Year: Yainer Diaz

Surprise Player of the Year: Yainer Diaz

Make 2 or more Positive Predictions:
  • We will continue our streak of Opening Day victories with Abreu hitting a HR against his former team
  • Yordan hits 45+ HR and Bregman and Tucker both have 30+

Make 2 or more Negative Predictions:
  • Injuries lead us to (barely) a sub-100 win season
  • The bullpen falls off a bit, specifically Stanek

Yikes on Abreu
Yainer was house money
Yikes again on HR totals prediction
jkag89
It is a privilege not a right to be a player in MLB. He might have been able to put this stuff behind him if he did not have all the other baggage. Teams may have been willing to risk the negative pub if they were certain his addition to the squad was going to improve their chances at winning.
wangus12
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Aaron Boone every year

The Porkchop Express
AG
LarryBird said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Emily Jones thing is all over twitter. She's the tv host for rangers pre and post game.
Who cares? Does she play baseball? Some other random talking head having a piss fit on Twitter about the Astros.
Farmer1906
AG
It absolutely is a privilege. But feels wrong to allow all these proven people who did actual despicable things to women back but then Tyler Bauer gets made an example of for something that seems mostly fabricated (based on his story).
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

She is the side field reporter for the Rangers. She got upset at Tags tweet below;

She responded with something about how they only partied for 30mins and then went up against an Ace the next day. Then she tweeted again asking Astros fans to stop getting in her DMs calling her a skank. Then she deactivated her account.
1. Social media is a toxic disaster zone. We would all be better off if twitter/x/instagram/Facebook etc all ceased to exist yesterday.

2. They are here to stay and it's a toxic disaster zone. If you dip your toes into those waters, expect to have them bitten off by the human debris that travel in packs in those same waters.

3. Don't want to lose toes? Don't go near the water.

I'm not condoning this. People have no filter online and it draws the worst kind of humanity. But surely a team media personality knows this and knows how to handle it.
Farmer1906
AG
This may be the worst article I have ever seen on the postseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2023-mlb-postseason-ranking-top-30-players-in-baseballs-playoffs-with-four-nl-mvp-candidates-in-top-five/
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This may be the worst article I have ever seen on the postseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2023-mlb-postseason-ranking-top-30-players-in-baseballs-playoffs-with-four-nl-mvp-candidates-in-top-five/
Montgomery and Gray? Are they drunk?
First Page Last Page
Page 2650 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.