***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,529,304 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

ttha_aggie_09
AG
BadAggie said:

Man, 7 wins to return to the WS.

preferably in 7 games too
BadAggie
AG
Last repeat World Series Champions were the Yankees in 2000.

Just saying.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

So pretty much a guarantee the Bama game and ALDS Game 1 are running simultaneously

I bought a ticket to home game 1 thinking it would be game 3. But I'm going to the bama game … oops

I got you. Send them my way.

I only bought one ticket, section 306

But I'd like to at least get what I paid for it, face value $60 (including fees). So if you want it it's yours for that price.
jetch17
AG
The other thread is such a sandy vagina
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

So pretty much a guarantee the Bama game and ALDS Game 1 are running simultaneously

I bought a ticket to home game 1 thinking it would be game 3. But I'm going to the bama game … oops

But I'd like to at least get what I paid for it, face value $60 (including fees). So if you want it it's yours for that price.

If Farmer doesn't want it let me know. I'll buy it for Mrs. Marvin.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

All yours. I need 2 or 3 or 4. Suddenly my children are interested.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

yours if you want it
Mr President Elect
AG
odd video angle of us winning the division down the stretch

tjack16
AG
Gotcha. Yeah a single ticket is tough but I assumed it would be Tuesday night and the wife doesn't want to be out on work nights (at least not at sporting events)
maca1028
Satellite of Love
jetch17 said:

They have the audacity to call us names when all season they were beating their chest about how dominant their club is. End up losing the division and they cry foul. Blame others versus a little of self reflection on their behavior from the other 161 games…
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Poor *******s are about to lose their minds. They got the 2pm game slots for all three games.
Some of those rookie dips*its think they actually get to host a game in the wildcard round. Nope, idiot, you're in Tampa for the entire series. Enjoy feeding the stingrays.
cone
AG
it's ridiculous
jetch17
AG
Dongs complaining about having to watch midday weekday games … a problem we've dealt with for years
Furlock Bones
AG
Satellite of Love said:

jetch17 said:

They have the audacity to call us names when all season they were beating their chest about how dominant their club is. End up losing the division and they cry foul. Blame others versus a little of self reflection on their behavior from the other 161 games…

Bro. Most Allstars. Put some respect on it.
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
jetch17 said:

Dongs complaining about having to watch midday weekday games … a problem we've dealt with for years

and let's be real. If we get Minny in the DS we are staring the crappy start times in the face. Baltimore (and the DC market with it) will be getting the prime time games.
MelvinUdall
Rangers fans, that haven't watched their team in the playoffs in years, are complaining about game times? My guess they know this is the end of the run and most of them will miss them losing.
TAMUworkingAG
CoachAg19 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?

Yes l, and I'm correct too, apparently you didn't look at the Mariners schedule did you. They have easiest schedule left compared to Astros, Rangers are done
When Mariners win the conference come back and see me, I think Mariners will have at least a 5 game lead when season is over, come on back and reply here when it happens

Well, you said to come back.

Haha Howdy, at the time I posted the original post I was 1000 % correct
astroaggie13
AG
AggiEE said:

Harry Dunne said:

If I had biceps like that, I would own zero shirts with sleeves

Too bad it doesn't translate to any power

It is so crazy the home run drought he's on. You would think he's hurt, but he's flying all over the field playing great defense which generally says otherwise.
Gig em Stros
Prosperdick
AG
astroaggie13 said:

AggiEE said:

Harry Dunne said:

If I had biceps like that, I would own zero shirts with sleeves

Too bad it doesn't translate to any power

It is so crazy the home run drought he's on. You would think he's hurt, but he's flying all over the field playing great defense which generally says otherwise.
Hopefully he's saving them all up to go on another MVP run!
The Porkchop Express
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

CoachAg19 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?

Yes l, and I'm correct too, apparently you didn't look at the Mariners schedule did you. They have easiest schedule left compared to Astros, Rangers are done
When Mariners win the conference come back and see me, I think Mariners will have at least a 5 game lead when season is over, come on back and reply here when it happens

Well, you said to come back.

Haha Howdy, at the time I posted the original post I was 1000 % correct
I will bet you $50 million the Mariners never win the conference.
McInnis
AG
Some players and some teams play better under pressure, some play worse. We already knew which category the Astros were in but this week kind of sorted out the others.
BadAggie
AG
A week off, time to rest and heal.

Also a time for the front office to prep the team for real lineups to come.
jetch17
AG
Mathguy64 said:

jetch17 said:

and let's be real. If we get Minny in the DS we are staring the crappy start times in the face. Baltimore (and the DC market with it) will be getting the prime time games.

Which is what we've dealt with the majority of the last handful of years
Frok
AG
Baseball playoff schedules do suck. At least alternate games so some can actually watch their team.
Furlock Bones
AG
jetch17 said:

I thought the same damn thing. World Series winner. Day games the next year. World Series appearance 2x. Day games the next year. Current World Series champ. Expecting day games.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Frok said:

Baseball playoff schedules do suck. At least alternate games so some can actually watch their team.
The precise algorithm that MLB uses for the playoff schedule is below.

Dodgers / Red Sox / Yankees? Prime-time every night

Anyone else?

tjack16
AG
Speaking of the Yankees. Is this the first postseason without either the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals this decade?

Feels like at least one of those teams is always in it
BadAggie
AG
MelvinUdall said:

Rangers fans, that haven't watched their team in the playoffs in years, are complaining about game times? My guess they know this is the end of the run and most of them will miss them losing.

Lol 'the Rangers are gunna make me miss the Wheel'

carpediem13
AG
tjack16 said:

Speaking of the Yankees. Is this the first postseason without either the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals this decade?

Feels like at least one of those teams is always in it

I saw an article a few days ago that said the last time none of the three made the postseason was '95
All I do is Nguyen
My playoff roster prediction:
Altuve
Bregman
Yordan
Tucker
Chas
Brantley
Yainer
Abreu
Pena

That's the IDEAL starting lineup

Dubon
Singleton
kaessinger
Maldy
Meyers

Pitchers
JV
Framber
France
Javier
HB
Urquidy
Neris
Montero
Graveman
Abreu
Pressly
Sousa
carpediem13
AG
I don't believe Sousa is eligible for the postseason roster
All I do is Nguyen
I wasn't sure so I included him anyway. Then idk who the final pitcher would be
First Page Last Page
Page 2643 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.