***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,530,858 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTKAG97 said:

ABC is showing a WNBA game today at 1pm instead of prime baseball or even football.

That's some fantastic contract negotiation skills right there.
Good get better ratings just showing static or a test signal.
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
BTKAG97 said:

ABC is showing a WNBA game today at 1pm instead of prime baseball or even football.

It's interesting that ESPN does not have any national game today...I guess no one wants to try and go against Goliath (the NFL), and they just leave it to the Regionals to cover the local team
Cobra39
Ag_07 said:

GD you guys are wound too tight.

It was sarcasm. I was poking fun at the nimrods on here earlier this week saying this team just didn't care.

Guess I'll tone it down a bit
Definitely thought so and I thought it was funny. And even though there are grown successful adult men here, you are a dead man if you don't use the right winky emoji. Dead.

Cobra39
Cobra39
JDUB08AG said:

W said:

several stats before the season finale...

top 5 games played:

160 - Bregman
156 - Tucker
149 - Pena
140 - Abreu
131 - Dubon

top 5 x-base hits:

69 - Tucker
56 - Yordan
55 - Bregman
45 - Pena
45 - Yainer

161 - Maldy (at least in the feels)
Of course Maldy virtually won the game last night....what is the number for that?

Cobra39
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cobra39 said:

Of course Maldy virtually won the game last night....what is the number for that?

Cobra39
I'm convinced some people have their "stupid Maldy" posts pre-written and are hovering the mouse / their finger over "Post" and then when he makes a good play they actually get angry.
Prosperdick
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Cobra39 said:

Cobra39
I'm convinced some people have their "stupid Maldy" posts pre-written and are hovering the mouse / their finger over "Post" and then when he makes a good play they actually get angry.
If you think I was angry when Maldy threw that runner out in the 9th or cut down the runner at second in the 8th you are a complete and utter moron.

Go read my post on the extrapolated stats for Diaz. That wasn't pre-written. Whatever.

I love this team and I want to see us succeed but forgive me if I point out that we've played a guy batting BELOW the Medoza line for like 90% of the games. It's ridiculous.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

Cobra39 said:

Cobra39
If you think I was angry when Maldy threw that runner out in the 9th or cut down the runner at second in the 8th you are a complete and utter moron.

Go read my post on the extrapolated stats for Diaz. That wasn't pre-written. Whatever.

I love this team and I want to see us succeed but forgive me if I point out that we've played a guy batting BELOW the Medoza line for like 90% of the games. It's ridiculous.
I wasn't talking to you specifically and I was clearly being sarcastic, but thanks for lashing out like a nutjob.
RED AG 98
AG
Deep breaths. Exhale. Let's go win the damn division today!
astros4545
AG
Dbacks playing the hangover lineup today

AKA, we are playing a 100 loss team today, we are in trouble
W
AG
yes, they emptied the bench

no Carroll
no Marte
no Walker
no Pham
AgLA06
AG
AlwaysNextYear89 said:

BTKAG97 said:

It's interesting that ESPN does not have any national game today...I guess no one wants to try and go against Goliath (the NFL), and they just leave it to the Regionals to cover the local team

I don't think there is a night game for them to televise like normal on Sunday night.
Prosperdick
AG

Prosperdick said:

Cobra39 said:

Cobra39

I wasn't talking to you specifically and I was clearly being sarcastic, but thanks for lashing out like a nutjob.
Wow, you calling someone a nut job. Incredible.

Anyway, we're all just anxious as this season has taken a toll. It's been a bumpy ass ride and we all know where most (but not all) that blame resides. It's incredibly frustrating so it manifests itself with posts like mine above.

OK, something we can all agree on. Go Astros!
Ag_07
AG
I mean there are enough of us regulars here I feel like i know the posting tendencies of the majority of this group and it's pretty easy to see the sarcasm posts as proposed to the bleeders.
linkdude
AG
W
AG
Mariners starting their best players today

Blue Jays resting George, Chapman, and Vlad Jr
Farmer1906
AG

Mathguy64
AG
Seattle looks like they are starting their regulars. Kudos to Servais.
Cobra39
W said:

Mariners starting their best players today

Blue Jays resting George, Chapman, and Vlad Jr
Blue Jays are trying to throw the game. Good look in the wild card era. It is clear that the higher seed should be able to pick its opponent in these crazy wild card times.

And before you say that is crazy...it ain't as crazy as this.

Cobra39
OKCAg2002
AG
What an obtuse a-hole. Maldy will catch until his legs fall off if he gets his way.
W
AG
it's been speculated that Toronto is tanking for the 6-seed

they've already played the Rays and Orioles 26 times this season

Jays would like to try a different path
Ags #1
AG
Lol jays clearly trying to lose
Ags #1
AG
So the m's are playing their starters? Bet they get pulled ealry
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Seattle looks like they are starting their regulars. Kudos to Servais.
I've never seen a team try to lose in order to "get" another team. Very few professional athletes get up in the morning thinking, "I"m going to intentionally suck today." Just not in their nature.
OKCAg2002
AG
If I was a fan, I'd lose all respect for my team if they were consciously throwing it.
AgLA06
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

If I was a fan, I'd lose all respect for my team if they were consciously throwing it.

No you wouldn't. You'd expect them to do whatever us best to set themselves up for the playoffs.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AgLA06 said:

OKCAg2002 said:

No you wouldn't. You'd expect them to do whatever us best to set themselves up for the playoffs.
I think he means the Mariners. There's no reason for them to now have pride to want to win today.
AgLA06
AG

AgLA06 said:

OKCAg2002 said:

I think he means the Mariners. There's no reason for them to now have pride to want to win today.

Oh, thought he meant the Jays.
CoachAg19
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Sooo what about all those games this year where we saw Julks, Kessinger, Madris, etc. in our lineup?
Class of 2010
JYDog90
AG
Anybody surprised they Maldy was the leader in that champagne video?
OKCAg2002
AG

AgLA06 said:

OKCAg2002 said:

No. I'm talking about the Jays. If they are seriously laying down, that's weak.
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Not at all. I think he has taken over the role of the emotional leader of the team since Correa left. I know that is an unpopular take around here, but obviously, the guys in that clubhouse have tons of respect for him and look to him for leadership.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

I mean there are enough of us regulars here I feel like i know the posting tendencies of the majority of this group and it's pretty easy to see the sarcasm posts as proposed to the bleeders.
and yet there are some who tend one direction and end up surprisingly trying to be sarcastic and no one gets it
astros4545
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Maybe that means he will get a hit today? its been what? a month?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

id like to see Ted hit a Jack in the first inning so the stress is off
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Ag_07 said:

and yet there are some who tend one direction and end up surpassingly trying to be sarcastic and no one gets it
First Page Last Page
Page 2620 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.