***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,531,754 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rays
Mr President Elect
AG
Farmer1906 said:

W said:

Blue Jays trying to walk off the Rays in the 9th

Only impact is potential WC seeding right?

Right, gives us an opportunity for the 5 seed, which we don't want. So I guess we actually want Blue Jays to win now
cap-n-jack
When is the game? 8:40 our time?
512Ag
AG
7:10
Post removed:
by user
FrioAg 00
AG
Come on Jays, one swing away
cap-n-jack
W
AG
keep the champagne on ice in Toronto

Blue Jays fail to clinch
W
AG
up to the minute:

71 - Rangers
72 - Blue Jays
72 - Astros
73 - Mariners
Farmer1906
AG
The playoff spots down to the wire keeps this season very interesting. We haven't thought about that since 2015.
Farmer1906
AG
Bioish
AG
I mean, you replied to my Dubon post, but ok. Cool story bro!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Bioish said:

I mean, you replied to my Dubon post, but ok. Cool story bro!
could y'all stop flirting and kiss to make up already
Bioish
AG
Gotta kill time between the Aggies game and the Astros
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Could see both teams clinch tonight in the desert with an Astros win and a Cardinals win over the Reds...so, who gets to dogpile on the mound in that scenario?
BTKAG97
AG
Bioish said:

Gotta kill time between the Aggies game and the Astros
Texas/Seattle about to start on Fox.
Bioish
AG
I feel dirty rooting for the Mariners, but I want that division win for the Astros bad
Project Gemini
AG
Quote:

Grapesoda2525
12:35a, 9/30/23

Feels like the Seattle fans collectively held us down while Scott servais and the mariners just dropped a giant deuce down our throat now we have to chew it up and swallow it.
Bet you dont feel as dirty as this guy on the Rangers thread
stoneca
Project Gemini said:

Quote:

Grapesoda2525

Feels like the Seattle fans collectively held us down while Scott servais and the mariners just dropped a giant deuce down our throat now we have to chew it up and swallow it.

BadAggie
AG
Project Gemini said:

Quote:

Grapesoda2525

Lol
Ag_07
AG
Been busy all day and just sat down and checked the board.

Stros by 20

JohnnyTexAg1995
Farmer1906 said:

AgLA06 said:

gambochaman said:

No standalone streaming

Boo

Got to love having a network the majority of fans can't watch.

What's stopping the majority of fans from watching?
I mean fubo tv cost a ridiculous amount of money cause you have to add on a ton of channels for an extra $30 a month the get the channel to watch. It's very expensive and not every fan has an extra 120 a month to watch the Astros. But they might have $30 if it's direct to consumer
Yordaddy
AG
Bourbon in the cup, AC/DC blasting, Htown watch party is ready for first pitch. LFG
txags92
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Farmer1906 said:

AgLA06 said:

gambochaman said:

No standalone streaming

Boo

I mean fubo tv cost a ridiculous amount of money cause you have to add on a ton of channels for an extra $30 a month the get the channel to watch. It's very expensive and not every fan has an extra 120 a month to watch the Astros. But they might have $30 if it's direct to consumer
I currently have Hulu+ with live TV and have every channel I want except the Astros games and I pay a little over $80/ month. Any of the services that carry the Astros don't have several of the other channels I want and last time I looked a couple of weeks ago, they were a min of $100 a month when you include the up charge for the regional channels to get the Astros games. So I can pay more money to not get as many channels that I want just to get the Astros? What a great deal. Would be totally willing to pay $10-15 per month directly to the Astros or MLB to direct stream their channel without blackouts. There is zero chance they are getting $10-15/ subscriber from their packaged carriers now. They are not going to get any money from me as it is now, so offering that direct option would get them money from a subscriber they don't currently get anything from.
jetch17
AG
Ag_07 said:

Been busy all day and just sat down and checked the board.

Stros by 20

Niceeeee
All I do is Nguyen
Just finished stacking wood for my FIL and his wood stove. I'm exhausted. Right on time to sleep for the game
txags11
AG
Reds down 5-0 in first, could help Arizona..
Blackbeard94
AG
I think they probably like that….
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Farmer1906 said:

AgLA06 said:

gambochaman said:

No standalone streaming

Boo

Thus my previous statement, I pay $80/month for DIRECTV which includes their streaming. That's not the case package and includes HBO
I e literally never had a show or event I wanted to watch and couldn't besides some Aggie post season baseball which is only on the ESPN+ streaming, even though I'm able to watch regular season games on ESPN online
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
You're ignoring the millions who pay for a package leave that includes the Astros for other reasons but never watch games. Sure they only get maybe $2 per account but they get it from every account not just the ones who watch the Astros.
RED AG 98
AG
Maybe so but this is the dieing part. The market is shrinking and will never recover to what it was in the prime. Why not lead the way to the next frontier with a direct to consumer product? Even more frustrating considering that in fact the MLB TV prodcut already provides exactly this -- just the draconian stone age blackout rules getting in the way.
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
8-0 Cards...returning the favor from last night. No need for D-backs to go all out now, right? Should probably get Kelly ready for a WC start next week.
Ag_07
AG
I wish Castillo didn't play for Seattle

I'm a big fan of that dude. Both on and off field.
iamtheglove
txags92 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Farmer1906 said:

AgLA06 said:

gambochaman said:

No standalone streaming

Boo

I currently have Hulu+ with live TV and have every channel I want except the Astros games and I pay a little over $80/ month. Any of the services that carry the Astros don't have several of the other channels I want and last time I looked a couple of weeks ago, they were a min of $100 a month when you include the up charge for the regional channels to get the Astros games. So I can pay more money to not get as many channels that I want just to get the Astros? What a great deal. Would be totally willing to pay $10-15 per month directly to the Astros or MLB to direct stream their channel without blackouts. There is zero chance they are getting $10-15/ subscriber from their packaged carriers now. They are not going to get any money from me as it is now, so offering that direct option would get them money from a subscriber they don't currently get anything from.
They are getting more because of the packaging required by cable and satellite. 50% of those subscribers are paying but don't watch. If just watchers were paying, the teams and leagues would take a 50% reduction in their rights fees. They don't want that, thus no reasonably priced streaming ($10-15 per month) which would encourage viewers to move. Keeping the cable bundle in tact as best as possible creates significantly more revenue for teams.
AggieJ2002
AG
In San Diego after their RSN went down ... MLB took over the existing channel so it was still offered by the same cable carriers and they also made an option for local residents to pay $60 to watch just the Padres on MLB.TV locally with no blackouts .... if MLB can offer that, why not do the same for all teams?
First Page Last Page
Page 2592 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.