***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,502,543 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm fine letting Bregman go. And Framber for that matter. Put all remaining funds toward Tucker.
BadAggie
AG
For shtts and grins

Next week starters

@Seattle
Mon Verlander
Tue Javier
Wed Valdez

@Arizona
Fri France, I guess
Sat Verlander
Sun Javier

Theoretical WC starters
Tue Valdez
Wed Verlander
Thu Javier

f1ghtintexasaggie
I'm fine with an extension @ 18M per, but he's not worth what he's making now.
BadAggie
AG
Beau Holder said:

I'm fine letting Bregman go. And Framber for that matter. Put all remaining funds toward Tucker.

I mean, hard to feel good about giving that kind of money after seeing some of these performances down the stretch

But it's not my $
agproducer
AG
As terrible as they've been, they may be close to breaking out.

Road Astros will be back.

Let's go 5-1 and do this!
f1ghtintexasaggie
agproducer said:

Bro, shoot your optimism directly into my veins.
bearkatag15
AG
Why hasn't Urquidy been moved back into the rotation. I think it's pretty clear Hunter Brown isn't a viable option. I think him and Urquidy need to switch roles
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Bioish
AG
Because Dusty doesn't believe in logic…
gambochaman
AG
Nothing i have seen this entire month leads me to believe they'll flip any switches

I was partially optimistic today….no longer

They look mentally checked out….like they have given up

Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I expect two more series losses and no playoffs
BadAggie
AG
agproducer said:

3rd best road team in MLB this season. Maybe that's what they need, play as few games at home as possible

Buck Compton
AG
RED AG 98 said:

BadAggie said:

Bonfired said:

6-17 from August 12 onward at home.

All but 6 of those 23 games were against teams either 4th or last in their division...14 of those games against teams with losing records, 6 of them against teams with 100+ losses (1-5).

Epic bed****tery...and then rolling around in it.

That's a total team effort, not just on the manager.

If you've ever been part of a dysfunctional organization, you know how debilitating, de-motivating and downright depressing it can be when there is no trust in the leadership and decision making ability. It's paralyzing, even for people that are typically high functioning contributors.
It's so much this. It gets in your blood.
tjack16
AG
agproducer said:

I'm thinking 4-2. As long as we win the series against seattle we will be good
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I think the thought process is you have HB or Javier or whoever start and if they don't have it you have a very viable long option. If you switch you don't have that long option with HB

Playoffs he might be a late inning fireball like last year more than anything.
Buck Compton
AG
Honestly, if they pull it off here in the final 6 games, the 6 seed is far preferable to anything else except the 2 seed. Twins/Rangers as the potential path to the ALCS? Yes please. And looks like we'd rather play on the road anyway.
rausr
AG
RED AG 98 said:

BadAggie said:

Bonfired said:

6-17 from August 12 onward at home.

All but 6 of those 23 games were against teams either 4th or last in their division...14 of those games against teams with losing records, 6 of them against teams with 100+ losses (1-5).

Epic bed****tery...and then rolling around in it.

That's a total team effort, not just on the manager.

If you've ever been part of a dysfunctional organization, you know how debilitating, de-motivating and downright depressing it can be when there is no trust in the leadership and decision making ability. It's paralyzing, even for people that are typically high functioning contributors.

RED AG 98 you are spot on - plus it creates that "me" instead of "we" culture, and we are seeing it play out on the field.

BTW, I suspect we read the same books or have a similar vocation.
Ciboag96
Manager prospects reviewing Astros season and roster

AggiEE
Anything can happen. This month has sucked but reversion to the mean could easily happen fast

It's September baseball and we have a chance to progress in the playoffs. It could be a lot worse
cc10106
True. In 2006 the Astros missed the playoffs by 1.5 games behind a St. Louis team with less wins than we currently have but yet ended up winning the whole thing.
Mathguy64
AG
This team needs a Rudy T "Heart of a Champion" and Mario Elie Kiss of Death moment.

I just don't think it had a Rudy T coach.

W
AG
oh, there will be no shortage of managers interested in the Astros job

everyone knows the roster is loaded

Dana's phone will be ringing
Ag_07
AG
Well shlt...I get off a plane and see we got swept by the Royals?!?!?

What an absolute choke job abomination of a stumble across the finish line.
superaggie73
AG
I know it's way early to discuss, but what do y'all think a list of potential managers would look like assuming Espada is no longer wanted as an option?
Ags #1
AG
Bring aj back Other than that anyone not an old school retread. Someone who will embrace the analytics
cc10106
I think that would be very foolish considering Joe was here before Dusty.
Hornbeck
AG
WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!!?!

My late night hot take not withstanding, this team isn't going to the playoffs, after Seattle sweeps them. It's almost like they want to get rid of the old man, and I don't blame them.
agproducer
AG
The Astros are notorious for playing down to their competition. You saw it with all the losses to the A's and Royals. We've seen it with the Tigers and White Sox. It also happened with the Yankees last month.

Honestly, they should have taken 2 of 3 from the O's. They had game 1 and Pressly blew it.

They will be up for the Mariners series. I think we see the offense finally break out against them the way they did with the Rangers earlier this month
DoitBest
S
Hornbeck said:

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!!?!

Hell no, and it ain't over now!

Well pretty close & they did all go their separate ways in the end, but it's baseball, stranger things have happened...
Texaggie7nine
BadAggie said:

agproducer said:

3rd best road team in MLB this season. Maybe that's what they need, play as few games at home as possible

If we squeek into the playoffs, someone needs to sabotage Min Maid so it forces all games to be away.
7nine
JDUB08AG
AG
The fact we still have a legit shot to make the playoffs is frustrating as hell. Really shows how easy this was set up for us. The only think it required was not having a total meltdown.
BadAggie
AG
agproducer said:

The Astros are notorious for playing down to their competition. You saw it with all the losses to the A's and Royals. We've seen it with the Tigers and White Sox. It also happened with the Yankees last month.

Honestly, they should have taken 2 of 3 from the O's. They had game 1 and Pressly blew it.

They will be up for the Mariners series. I think we see the offense finally break out against them the way they did with the Rangers earlier this month

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
A moment of appreciation to brighten the dim mood

Good evening Mrs Pressley

txags92
AG
agproducer said:

You mean the offense that averaged 3 runs per game against Seattle the last time we faced them?
Tibbers
Playing down to their competition but also taking two of three from the O's? Interesting.
Ag_07
AG
Think we've identified the distractions.
linkdude
AG
Step one tomorrow, get an early crooked number.
First Page Last Page
Page 2459 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.