***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,504,323 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
f1ghtintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

This season's responsibility now shifts on Crane from here on out IMO. It's time to start demanding some accountability. Eat your slice of humble pie, and admit you chose poorly not only when you let Click walk instead of Dusty but also when you made substantial moves without an analytics-driven GM in place to evaluate said moves.

Dusty should be gone and Maldy DFA'ed by gametime tomorrow. Thanks for the memories, and best of luck.

Seems like I had seen enough by mid-June. Who called for Big Brain's head before me?
JB!98
AG
Ok, damn it. Old school hotties for runs.

Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
OKCAg2002
AG
This is depressing. We are going to be watching October baseball on the couch.
Marvin
AG
Go back to analytics. Hire Elias back from Baltimore, find a whiz kid manager, and rebuild the dynasty.

Last thing this team needs is another maintenance manager. Screw that.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Frok
AG
Agree about going back to analytics. It's unbelievable they went away from it after all of that success. I think they did it because they didn't like James Click.
PoppaB05
AG
The team has quit on Dusty. I'm sure they still want to win and make the playoffs but you can see all the signs of discontent with the manager. If Dusty is this arrogant and dismissive outwardly to the media, just imagine what he's said behind closed doors. Especially to some of the leaders who have tried to talk to him.

He could have rode off beloved last year, instead he'll be remembered very differently
maca1028
I wouldn't give him the keys to next year just yet but I'd at least see if he can rally this team for the last week of the season, especially if they've quit on Dusty.
Marvin
AG
Second outing of the year that Lyles gave up no runs.
The Beef01
AG
maca1028 said:

I wouldn't give him the keys to next year just yet but I'd at least see if he can rally this team for the last week of the season, especially if they've quit on Dusty.

They should, but they won't….there was absolutely no reason for him to have been retained after the 1st half, why do it now?
Bioish
AG
Dusty yawning in the dugout, ffs…
cap-n-jack
Dusty isn't going anywhere this late in the season. This is what we've been dealt.
And I would be a little surprised if it isn't Espada next year. I wouldn't hate it.
Marvin
AG
At least Tucker is padding his stats. A 30/30 season might get him a few more bucks on the open market.
The D
AG
Something is going on with this team. It's not our players.
cap-n-jack
It's been mentioned earlier but it's pretty clear Dusty has lost the clubhouse. You see it in the players and you hear it in the broadcast.
75AG
AG
Over 3 million fans this year to watch a losing home record.
Marvin
AG
More disappointing signing than Abreu? Gomez? The list is small given how monumentally bad he has been.
Marvin
AG
75AG said:

Over 3 million fans this year to watch a losing home record.

And that's why Crane allowed this clown show to go all the way over the cliff.
The Beef01
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Dusty isn't going anywhere this late in the season. This is what we've been dealt.
And I would be a little surprised if it isn't Espada next year. I wouldn't hate it.

Straight-up, I won't have any level of excitement for next season if the entire staff isn't blown out. If the players quit on a manager, they're also quitting on his staff.

We make that move and I won't pay a lick of attention until they prove that I was wrong.
JYDog90
AG
There is zero…and I mean zero…life in this team.
linkdude
AG
They're just playing like ****
Marvin
AG
The D said:

Something is going on with this team. It's not our players.

They've quit on Dusty. Not hard to decipher.
maca1028
Idk…maybe because this team isn't mathematically eliminated yet, maybe they've quit on him and Espada can light a fire under their asses to finish strong and get hot right before the postseason starts.
I know it won't happen but a case could definitely be made after the way this team has played since routing Arlington.
PoppaB05
AG
Jose Abreu has 83 RBI this year. How many would Chas or Diaz had batting before/after Tucker all year? Infuriating
Bioish
AG
Crane on the verge of losing that post-season money if this continues. Just fire Dusty and call it a business decision
JYDog90
AG
How did we not draw 3m these last few years?
Dies Irae
I'm so glad we're still mathematically a lock for the playoffs, that way we can lose the wildcard in 2 without scoring a run.

What a bunch of losers the Astros have turned into. Weak whiners
Mathguy64
AG
Season on the line and John Phillip Sousa has the bump. Check that off the season bingo card.
DrZ
AG
Generally an organization takes on the personality of the man in charge. Our team plays like a disinterested old man. Why switch between boredom and groychy
txag614
Players have quit on Dusty.
Marvin
AG
Dies Irae said:

I'm so glad we're still mathematically a lock for the playoffs, that way we can lose the wildcard in 2 without scoring a run.

What a bunch of losers the Astros have turned into. Weak whiners

No way this team makes the playoffs.
agdaddy04
AG
Man Souza has been impressive
agdaddy04
AG
Sure they will. Unfortunately it seems it'll be because of the Rangers
wildmen09
AG
Ah yes, more Diaz it's the best defensive catcher and offensive catcher stats
Bioish
AG
Never thought I'd say this, but on the plus side, we finish our last 6 games on the road instead of home
Marvin
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Sure they will. Unfortunately it seems it'll be because of the Rangers

And what happens when this clown show heads to Seattle and Arizona?

You think they can turn it on? I'll take some of your faith!
First Page Last Page
Page 2439 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.