***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,504,060 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stoneca said:

Presley blowing Monday nights game might cost us the division and the playoffs

He blew that game, but to be fair, we should have beaten the tar out of Yankees, Royals, and Athletics recently.
tjack16
AG
Cromagnum said:

stoneca said:

Presley blowing Monday nights game might cost us the division and the playoffs

He blew that game, but to be fair, we should have beaten the tar out of Yankees, Royals, and Athletics recently.

Yeah going 2-7 in those 3 series would be what cost us the playoffs.

AT WORST, you should have gone 5-4 against them. At worst

We've lost 14 of our last 19 at home. That also doesn't help
AustinCountyAg
the worst part about all of this is that if our playoff run ends, it isn't because the team is crap, but because they haven't been put in the best position to win all there games.

Having the unofficial official rookie of the year play in only five more games than Julks is a ****ing disgrace.
strohag
AG
We need a W bad today. They need to wake up. We have the Royals this weekend. Need to win that series bad. Hopefully Rangers and Mariners will split the two series they have coming up against each other and not gain any ground on us.
lead
lead said:

Some serious BAS in here. ESPN has us 96% chance making playoffs

Now:
HOU-90%, TEX-74%, TOR-71%, SEA-65%

My BAS is starting to flare up too.
Prosperdick
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

the worst part about all of this is that if our playoff run ends, it isn't because the team is crap, but because they haven't been put in the best position to win all there games.

Having the unofficial official rookie of the year play in only five more games than Julks is a ****ing disgrace.
I swear if he isn't at least DH this game I'm going to drive down to Houston and kick Donkey in the junk.

Not really, he's gotten me so depressed about this team I don't have the energy. I guess I'll thank you later Dusty.
spadilly
S
we're going to win today. I'll be there and the Hawaiian shirt is undefeated this season.
Dr. Doctor
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxJu4KNpkMD/?igshid=MWZjMTM2ODFkZg==
texasaggie2015
AG
Wellness check on everyone.
AustinCountyAg
texasaggie2015 said:

on life support
CFTXAG10
AG
spadilly
S
texasaggie2015 said:

Boiling Denim
Well if we're going to get hot then now is the perfect time to start leading into the playoffs.

I think it's a fairytale to assume these guys can flip a switch once the playoffs start as long as they get there.
Chef Elko
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Chef Elko
AG
It's like everyday I drive home and turn on the radio to listen to the game we are giving up multi-run bombs. Guess I need to stop tuning in and bringing this team down.
All I do is Nguyen
AustinCountyAg said:

texasaggie2015 said:

on life support
I'm actually looking forward tot he Auburn game this weekend
cap-n-jack
texasaggie2015 said:

cone
AG
im glad Dusty got a ring

but it's appropriate he's going out as the clueless loser he's been all along
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

JDUB08AG
AG
This is the least fun I've had watching the Astros since 2016
txags11
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm here..feel better than I should..I want to believe and do believe that the veterans are about to say screw it flip the switch and go on a tear..I know I have no reason to feel this way but I do,..
Chef Elko
AG
JDUB08AG said:

This is the least fun I've had watching the Astros since 2016
Since the day George Springer was brought up :/
BadAggie
AG

The lineup shuffling will continue until morale improves.

Mr President Elect
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I feel like the playoffs start today. We have the toughest game remaining while our foes get cupcakes. The M's and Rangers can't continue to lose every game since they play each other. We really need our pitching to step up.
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

All I have to say is Jimbo better win 10 this year or it'll be a really rough fall on here
n_touch
tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

All I have to say is Jimbo better win 10 this year or it'll be a really rough fall on here
Start seeing a therapist now
BadAggie
AG
tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

In Conner all the hopes and dreams of middle aged men are entrusted

AggieDub04
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/insider/story/_/id/38352480/mlb-playoff-contenders-win-2023-world-series

Why they won't: The rotation is hardly a sure thing, as even Framber Valdez had a rough stretch there -- and don't forget that right before that Texas series, the Yankees swept Houston. The biggest issue might be manager Dusty Baker and his penchant for relying too much on his favorite veterans.

Michael Brantley's return suddenly pushes Chas McCormick's playing time into jeopardy (even though he has been terrific at the plate), as Baker also increasingly prefers Mauricio Dubon's defense in center field. Granted, Brantley's first week has been outstanding. Will Baker play Martin Maldonado over Yainer Diaz at catcher, even though Diaz is the far better hitter, has the better arm (much higher caught stealing percentage) and even has better framing metrics? Will Baker be slow to remove Verlander from games, as was the case a couple times last October?
cc10106
Just like Dusty basically said on 790 yesterday, they haven't even clicked yet and are still in first place. So just be patient and wait for it to happen. All you can do is be positive and pump sunshine.
AgLA06
AG
BadAggie said:

Toronto has 6 games remaining v Rays.

Rangers and Mariners have 7 left head to head

Don't mean jack if this team is as checked out as it looks

Dusty losing this team was my biggest concern. I remember posting about it while back and being reassured that couldn't happen with this locker room. And lt could have bigger ramifications than just this year if the front office doesn't get ahead of it.
AgLA06
AG
cc10106 said:

Just like Dusty basically said on 790 yesterday, they haven't even clicked yet and are still in first place. So just be patient and wait for it to happen. All you can do is be positive and pump sunshine.
That's on him. And he's a fool for saying something like that out loud with his complete lack of self awareness.
Mr President Elect
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I know this is beating a dead horse, but with your comments on the FO being at odds with Dusty. You've said in the past that the FO isn't as upset about Maldy playing over Diaz. Is that still the case? Admittedly, Maldy's numbers the last 30 have been great, somehow. But Diaz's numbers have been elite since June and has an OPS of 1.133 in September. I just don't have faith in our pitching staff and thus needing our optimal lineup to stand any chance in the playoffs once the FO has a say. Do you think there is any chance they sit Maldy for Diaz with Framber or JV on the mound?
texasaggie2015
AG
It's never ideal when your hopes and dreams lie in the hands of Aggie football
Chef Elko
AG
AgLA06 said:

cc10106 said:

That's on him. And he's a fool for saying something like that out loud with his complete lack of self awareness.
He just thinks we are that stupid
f1ghtintexasaggie
cc10106 said:

There's a reason they haven't started to click yet, and it remains to be seen if they ever will this year.
First Page Last Page
Page 2388 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.