***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,511,309 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Well… by some miracle the Astros are still 1st place in the west. It's time they pull their heads out of their asses and I don't know… win some games. Heck just win the rest of the games. It starts today.

All righty… let's see what lineup Dusty has up today to get that win.
linkdude
AG
Tucker with a day off
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Abreu in the 4 hole
W
AG
going into today's action:

66 - Astros
66 - Rangers
67 - Mariners
67 - Blue Jays
tjack16
AG
No tucker or Diaz today.

It's comical at this point
Mathguy64
AG
I'm taking the day off. There is no point in arguing about why Dusty is playing the bizarre lineup today. Why he's got Meyers and Maldy playing in a literal must win game. Why he's batting a cleanup hitter who is batting .200 with an OBA of .282 and a SLG of .390 in Aug/Sept. A cleanup hitter who can't possibly protect the hitter in front of him. Why he's going the worst possible defensive and offensive catcher playing, just to placate a head case pitcher who better get used to not having that boat anchor catcher after the end of this season. It's pointless to get angry and frustrated with it.

I'm going to finish my coffee, spend the afternoon working in the yard and grading papers and not getting mad. If they win, great. If they don't, well this idiot is gone either way in 2 weeks. And this octogenarian fossil will have the dubious distinction of screwing up winning clubs in SF, Chicago, Cincy, Washington and now Houston. He can add that to his baseball resume.
Farmer1906
AG
maca1028
I-10, 35, 45 or whatever interstate you live closest to runs east, west, north, south, NE, NW, SE, SW, depending on which way you're going. Or, if you live off 610 it goes in a circle so you'll come back around. 3%er.

I gave you the extra percent because you post bewbies.
Ags #1
AG
Lol the lineup. so 130 Different in 150 games now?
All I do is Nguyen

Texaggie7nine
Mathguy64 said:

I'm taking the day off. There is no point in arguing about why Dusty is playing the bizarre lineup today. Why he's got Meyers and Maldy playing in a literal must win game. Why he's batting a cleanup hitter who is batting .200 with an OBA of .282 and a SLG of .390 in Aug/Sept. A cleanup hitter who can't possibly protect the hitter in front of him. Why he's going the worst possible defensive and offensive catcher playing, just to placate a head case pitcher who better get used to not having that boat anchor catcher after the end of this season. It's pointless to get angry and frustrated with it.

I'm going to finish my coffee, spend the afternoon working in the yard and grading papers and not getting mad. If they win, great. If they don't, well this idiot is gone either way in 2 weeks. And this octogenarian fossil will have the dubious distinction of screwing up winning clubs in SF, Chicago, Cincy, Washington and now Houston. He can add that to his baseball resume.

Chairs on the Titanic
7nine
PoppaB05
AG
So since Abreu and Brantley came back, Diaz is basically just a backup catcher. No DH. No 1B. Just catch 2 games a week.

It really is past time for Brown and Crane to step in. We're about to go 1-5 against the A's and Royals
Eso si, Que es
PoppaB05 said:

So since Abreu and Brantley came back, Diaz is basically just a backup catcher. No DH. No 1B. Just catch 2 games a week.

It really is past time for Brown and Crane to step in. We're about to go 1-5 against the A's and Royals
Maybe the front office should have a team meeting, those seem to work wonders
Farmer1906
AG
We're yelling into the void. No one is going to give a ***** No one is stepping in. Players are going have to overcome or we fail.
wessimo
AG

Worst lineup fielded so far over the 1-4 stretch versus bottom dwellers. Hope it's good Framber today.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
This will score 12 today
AustinCountyAg
One could argue Dusty is purposely trying to not make the playoffs at this point. **** that guy
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm ready to see this season end and him sent back to the shadow realm.
Ciboag96
Honestly a major free fall to end the season may just be what the doctor ordered. We can finally get rid of Dusty.
mwm
Which team is going to show up today?
OKCAg2002
AG
PoppaB05 said:

Absolute negligence. Diaz is a ROY with a manager that doesn't need 3 naps a day.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Mathguy64 said:

tjack16
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

One could argue Dusty is purposely trying to not make the playoffs at this point. **** that guy

"Sometimes you need a pit stop. Maybe that comes in October. Our guys need some rest so I'm gonna try my best to give them a long off-season" - Dusty probably
The Beef01
AG
What sucks is that Dusty is effectively done and is now sabotaging any hope of support for Espada.

I've said it before, but I honestly don't want any part of this coaching staff back after this season.
tjack16
AG
I honestly just think Dusty has the mentality of the 2020 team which was "just get in and let's see what happens". Which isn't always a bad mentality as the 19 nationals, 20 Astros, 21 Braves and 22 Phillies proved… but you don't have to do that because the division is so wide open for you to take.
linkdude
AG
Ironically, Dusty just has a lot of faith in EVERYONE to get it done. He doesn't think he needs to use the death lineup against KC (and honestly he shouldn't). Time for the real ones on the team to show up.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'd love to know the number of times Diaz has been benched after hitting a homer...is it 22 times? It f***ing might be.

Chas probably thinks he has to hit 3 homers in a game to move up from the 8 spot lol. It's a comedy right now...will turn into a tragedy once we miss the playoffs.
W
AG
Altuve starts with an infield single

Bregman walks
W
AG
one pitch pop out for Yordan

need something from the old guys
spadilly
S
Great cleanup hitter you got today, Dusty. Thank you.
W
AG
old guys are old

terrible offense
cap-n-jack
1st and 2nd no outs
Beau Holder
AG
Very on-brand sleepy waste of two on/nine out.
Aggie8587
AG
Yet another wasted opportunity
First Page Last Page
Page 2325 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.