***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,511,606 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On to Manfred Man ball in Seattle.
agdaddy04
AG
Dodgers score
jkag89
The Effin' Dodgers plate the Manfred Man in the tenth. LA 1- Sea 0
agdaddy04
AG
Ms manfred runner thrown out in a run down when he went out of base path.
agdaddy04
AG
Tied up. Damn
Ags #1
AG
Ms tie it up
jkag89
Tie game, two out single.
jkag89
Two out double puts the winning run on third for the Ms.
jkag89
On to the 11th.
linkdude
AG
To the 11th.
FrioAg 00
AG
Back up 1, and counting
FrioAg 00
AG
Bases loaded for LA
FrioAg 00
AG
4-1 LA, and counting
agdaddy04
AG
I feel somewhat dirty rooting for LAD
FrioAg 00
AG
Me too, but it is what it is. We need it.
FrioAg 00
AG
6-1, that should do it
Beau Holder
AG
So the Stros continue to get help from everyone except themselves.

Hilarious to think of what the division lead could currently be.

Dodgers are NLW champs again, 10/11 years.
FrioAg 00
AG
Your next 2 games are supposed to be your aces, Fram and JV.

They are facing, respectively, a guy with 16 L's and a 6.4 ERA and a guy starting his second game this year.

This is you chance to put a game or two between us and both the others
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie said:

Does anyone want to win the AL West?
dixichkn
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Your next 2 games are supposed to be your aces, Fram and JV.

They are facing, respectively, a guy with 16 L's and a 6.4 ERA and a guy starting his second game this year.

This is you chance to put a game or two between us and both the others
We've sh*t the bed the last 2-3 weeks. Why stop now?
fullback44
AG
Cromagnum said:

Team meeting time. But honestly I'm ready to get past this season and see what we have in 2024. This has been one of the most stressful / infuriating I can recall.

This team needs that one more pitcher .. our pitching is suspect, more of a day to day thing. Getting Garcia back will help, if McCullers ever makes it back and is up to his old form. We could have a hell of a team, Dusty is a problem, Yainer playing may have us 5-6 more wins in the last 30 games, Maldy is a liability as always at the plate.

For now we watch a team play games one day at a time
Tibbers
So as you know, I'm a big Orioles fan and I wanted to come and see the O's play Houston on Monday. It's fun to play getting tickets day off but I was curious if any of you in this community had an angle on two tickets. My brother and I will be driving in from college station. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks dudes and here's to an awesome series of two first place teams! Hopefully a pre ALCS matchup!
512Ag
AG
Tibbers said:

So as you know, I'm a big Orioles fan and I wanted to come and see the O's play Houston on Monday. It's fun to play getting tickets day off but I was curious if any of you in this community had an angle on two tickets. My brother and I will be driving in from college station. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks dudes and here's to an awesome series of two first place teams! Hopefully a pre ALCS matchup!
How dare you, sir! This is our thread and I demand your banishment from TexAgs for posting here! Trolling! Trolling, I say!
-- Rangers fans

Kidding. I have no hookup, but hope you find some good tickets. Enjoy the game with your brother!
Ciboag96
Ciboag96 said:

BadAggie said:

The Week Ahead

Astros (82-62)
3 v A's
3 @ Royals

Kryptonite
linkdude
AG
It looks like the matchups in the Baltimore series should be:
Kyle Gibson - JV
Kyle Bradish - HB
Jack Flaherty - CJ
tjack16
AG
13 games left

83-66

Hoping we get to the 91 win mark
houag78
AG
Yep, I had said we needed 93 wins, but that is an outlier now. Other teams aren't playing well, but they're facing tougher competition right now.

Interesting stat - prior to last night, since May 8, when Yordan has two or more hits we were something like 19-1. Rare for us to lose when the big man gets two or more.
XXXVII
The Rangers are 82-66 and the Mariners are 81-67. Are they just one game behind us due to days off since we are 83-66? Not sure why we do not have the same total number of games. Does it all even out by the end of the season?
BadAggie
AG
The 2023 Season

MaxPower
Minus the gratifying smile at the end
BMX Bandit
XXXVII said:

The Rangers are 82-66 and the Mariners are 81-67. Are they just one game behind us due to days off since we are 83-66? Not sure why we do not have the same total number of games. Does it all even out by the end of the season?

Yes, it evens out.
tjack16
AG
XXXVII said:

It'll even out because they both have a Thursday game coming up that we do not have.
tjack16
AG
So on the topic yesterday or a few days ago about how many games Dusty has cost us due to lineup construction. Here are 5 examples. Now for a couple of these he did have to navigate a Yordan/Altuve injury…. But these are 5 games where if he played the "9 best available" we would have likely won, or at least gone 3-2 during. Which contrary to the "these games don't matter it's a long season" crowd, shows we would have at least a 3 game lead right now. I present exhibit A-E of how lineup construction and early season games do matter.

Is Dusty at fault for all 5 games plus more? Who knows… but not playing your best available lineup during the early months can cost you at the end of the season

Boiling Denim
3-way tiebreaker rules that will likely occur in the AL West should they all tie given the Astros own the series against Rangers, Rangers will likely own the series again the Mariners (up 5-1) and Mariners own the series against the Astros

a. The Clubs will be ranked by their overall winning percentage amongst the other Clubs combined. The Club with the highest overall winning percentage in that group chooses its designation, followed by the team with the next highest overall winning percentage

b. If two of the Clubs have identical winning percentages, then they would follow the two-Club tiebreak rules to break their tie to pick their designation.

Edit: this could actually open up a really funny scenario on taking the 6th seed over the 5th seed intentionally assuming Toronto is out
BMX Bandit
There won't be a tie
First Page Last Page
Page 2324 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.