***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,576,566 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by texasaggie2015
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Anyone subscribe to the athletic?
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

W said:

so Yainer has started 3 of the last 9 games

pure insanity
It's great to have Brantley back, and all, but seriously
Since Brantley's return on 8/29:
AgLA06
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Farmer1906 said:

Diaz at first would be better.

I dunno. Now that Abreu is flashing the leather better, the gap has narrowed.
You think Tucker would rather have Abreu protecting him instead of Diaz? Not a chance in hell.

See Redlines post above.

King Tuck and Chaz have been struggling a bit. Chaz has to be more patient. King Tuck for the exact reason I posted. He's trying to force things to happen since they're allowed to pitch around him.
k20dub
AG
Hulla Baller
AG
k20dub said:

Can someone show us where exactly they are adding this green paint? Thanks.
West Roxbury
Even if it's psychological, good.
BadAggie
AG
Lol batters eye excuse

Stop being distracted by home pvssy and focus
Texaggie7nine
Says they are "adding more green paint to the right side of the batter's eye" of the batter's eye.

So they are painting the brick on the side green? Doesn't make sense to paint the already green part green.

This is an old pic but still looks about the same.
7nine
n_touch
Hulla Baller said:

k20dub said:

Serious or sarcastic, cause I only can do one

well crap in my sarcasm I think I answered it. If you look on the left the batters extends further than on the right. I wonder if they are painting the bricks and steps area and removing some of the Budweiser red.

512Ag
AG
maca1028 said:

"A photograph obtained by The Athletic on Friday showed green paint covering a part of the previously-red Budweiser bar that runs along the right-center field wall. Last week, multiple players voiced concerns about the batter's eye to The Athletic on the condition of anonymity and one cited the Budweiser bar as a particular distraction.

"It's like night and day," one player said of the difference in hitting at Minute Maid Park and on the road, where Houston has an American League-leading .800 OPS.

On-record comments this week from general manager Dana Brown and bench coach Joe Espada reinforced what has long been whispered both inside Houston's clubhouse and around the league: hitters find it difficult to see the ball at Minute Maid Park. The Astros have a .732 OPS and a negative-8 run differential inside Minute Maid Park this season. Only 11 teams have a lower home OPS."

ETA: The photograph mentioned is not included in the article.

AgLA06
AG
I could see the ball being hard to see in all the various angles and chair legs of that bar area. Probably would make more sense to put solid walls at the front of each seating level and paint it green. Maybe extend the padding right to the field leve bar area (nitto tire) area as guys moving around could be distracting.
Beat40
BadAggie said:

Lol batters eye excuse

Astros hitters have complained about it for years. It's not a one off thing. Since 2017, the Astros have had better away records than home from what I remember. Only 2 players from that 2017 team are hitting now.

That's a long enough time for it to be more than just home distractions.

Always makes me laugh when fans laugh at players for wanting the org to make their job easier so they can perform better.

Like the roof. Many fans, even a lot on this board, want the roof as open as much as possible when the players have all specifically said they want it closed during games.
Project Gemini
AG
Repaint it whatever the Rangers have out in that area. Or really what any other stadium that is not MMP has.
BadAggie
AG
Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

Lol batters eye excuse

Astros hitters have complained about it for years. It's not a one off thing. Since 2017, the Astros have had better away records than home from what I remember. Only 2 players from that 2017 team are hitting now.

Look at home away splits in 2021 and 2022.

This is the worst home record since like 2013. It's not the batters eye lol
redline248
AG
I, for one, expect immediate positive results tonight
J Peterman
AG
The A's and the M's didn't seem to have any issues with it. Watch Maldy start hitting .325 since the green paint was added.
Beat40
J Peterman said:

The A's and the M's didn't seem to have any issues with it. Watch Maldy start hitting .325 since the green paint was added.

There's a difference playing 3 games with it verses 81.
Beat40
BadAggie said:

Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

Lol batters eye excuse

But it's been a consistent complaint year after year. If you owned the team, you'd just ignore the constant complaints and tell them to suck it up rather than help them?
Project Gemini
AG
How are there argumentative / negative posts about the organization working to fix something its players complained about numerous times? Some of you people suck sometimes.
AgLA06
AG
Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

Lol batters eye excuse

But it's be a consistent complaint year after year. If you owned the team, you'd just ignore the constant complaints and tell them to suck it up rather than help them?
I'm going to hope he doesn't manage people. Because that's just a dumb take.

It's about as inexpensive and easy to do as adding free sodas to the A's locker room. No reason not to do it even if placebo. Nothing to lose. Everything to gain. And it means something to them.
Beat40
AgLA06 said:

Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

Lol batters eye excuse

But it's be a consistent complaint year after year. If you owned the team, you'd just ignore the constant complaints and tell them to suck it up rather than help them?
I'm going to hope he doesn't manage people. Because that's just a dumb take.

It's about as inexpensive and easy to do as adding free sodas to the A's locker room. No reason not to do it even if placebo. Nothing to lose. Everything to gain. And it means something to them.

Exactly.
Post removed:
by user
jah003
S
redline248 said:

On the road? That would be impressive.
redline248
AG
jah003 said:

redline248 said:

On the road? That would be impressive.
Exactly.
Faustus
n_touch said:

Hulla Baller said:

k20dub said:

Serious or sarcastic, cause I only can do one

well crap in my sarcasm I think I answered it. If you look on the left the batters extends further than on the right. I wonder if they are painting the bricks and steps area and removing some of the Budweiser red.

Budweiser just can't catch a break.
redline248
AG
J Peterman said:

So...since he called a team meeting after that Seattle series, in 16 games Maldy is batting:

.269/.309/.519 with 4 HR, 11 RBI and a 124 wRC+.

(Just don't look at his last days)
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
If MMP didn't have so much GD sponsor sign crap plastered all over the place like it was NASCAR this wouldn't be an issue to begin with.
Marvin
AG
If players have been complaining, why did it take this long? Stupid if it turns out to have been a factor. Talk about falling off the science wagon…
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
I've said several times over the last couple of years I thought they should look at this. They hit better on the road. Why?
BTKAG97
AG
maca1028 said:

Better late than never?

Maybe bring this issue up week 1? Or before the season starts?
. . .

Source
tjack16
AG

I think I'd go Bregman also
agdaddy04
AG
Even after what Yordan did to Seattle last year? Bregs is a good choice but I think I take Yordan over Tuck.
Mr President Elect
AG
Maybe they thought we would be a better pitching team
First Page Last Page
Page 2292 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.