***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,504,885 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
f1ghtintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Prosperdick said:

maca1028 said:

Add 2 more for Arlington for the lead.
OK well look at this way...they will be motivated when they play Seattle seven times. For a while there it looked like they would drop out completely and just play scrubs against the Mariners.

You also should root for them against Seattle as I'd much prefer to face Texas.

I'm trying to decide if this is real or simply a "We lost our best P to injury and we're doing it for him" bump

They're also without Garcia too, right? It's actually kinda impressive how well they bounced back after those injuries and us pantsing them a week ago.

But, on the other hand, **** 'em.
Farmer1906
AG

Mashed in AA
Mash in the fall
Get hot in AAA in 24
Mid summer call up after Jake is traded away

His problem is Loperfield is ahead of him and Melton is in the mix too.

Good problem for the Astros tho.
wangus12
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

wangus12 said:

Prosperdick said:

maca1028 said:

Add 2 more for Arlington for the lead.
OK well look at this way...they will be motivated when they play Seattle seven times. For a while there it looked like they would drop out completely and just play scrubs against the Mariners.

You also should root for them against Seattle as I'd much prefer to face Texas.

I'm trying to decide if this is real or simply a "We lost our best P to injury and we're doing it for him" bump

They're also without Garcia too, right? It's actually kinda impressive how well they bounced back after those injuries and us pantsing them a week ago.

But, on the other hand, **** 'em.

Yesterday on DFW radio it was very "Woe is us, so many injuries. Nobody has it worse than us."

Not like anyone else has played through this season with bunch of injuries
BadAggie
AG
Dusty, we have isolated the Rangers' Pitchcom frequency.

Post removed:
by user
stoneca
Canadaian Blue Jays doing literally nothing for the Astros
Wabs
AG
Blue Jays. Come on dude. Gotta at least win one of the ****ing four games.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

The Porkchop Express said:

CFTXAG10 said:

cc10106 said:

Going to KC tomorrow and still need to get tickets for the game.
I'm jealous. Loved my time there last year.
KC is one of two professional sporting events in which I have punched someone in the face. Good times.
So you're just gonna drop this here and not expound?
Sorry, 6th grade homework (x2) has altered the entire course of my life every night.

As mentioned at least one user name ago, and perhaps several years ago, in 1996, I quit my first job after 31 day and took a three-week, nine-state road trip that included baseball games in St. Louis, Chicago (both teams), Minnesota, Kansas City, and Colorado. In Kansas City, I got to see Jeff Granger start an inning in relief, walk the first batter, and immediately be taken out.

I had gotten this crazy good ticket about 5 rows behind home plate for that game (and about 3 rows behind Buck O'Neil). During the 7th inning stretch, the two guys behind me wouldn't stop screaming and mocking a kid who was out there singing Take me Out the Ballgame. I turned around and told them to STFU (I was 22), and one of them shoved me and it went downhill from there. I had to sign a waiver saying that I wouldn't go to any more Royals games in 1996. Mission accomplished.

In 1991, my best friend and I were seniors in high school and scored tickets from my aunt to go to a Sunday night Oilers v. Browns game at the Astrodome. Despite being heavy favorites, the Oilers did everything in their power to blow the game, which was the principle on which the team was founded.

My buddy and I had been joshing back and forth all night with 2 older Browns fans sitting behind us, and when Drew Hill got the game-winning touchdown with 1 minute to play, I turned around and made the casual suggestion that the two fans might enjoy taking part in an activity in which they both practice the art of fornicating themselves repeatedly.

I was high-fiving my friend for my incredible wit when one of them hit me in the back of the head with a beer bottle, as was the style of the day, and it turned into quite the altercation, with my friend taking ****ing forever to get in there. We were taken to the police station on Reed Rd, which is a real gem of an establishment and made to wait there in the drunk tank until my dad came to get us at about 3 a.m. I was grounded for the rest of the semester, but my popularity stock at school rose about 500% when the story made the rounds that Porkchop spent the night in jail.
BadAggie
AG
Oh no, the Rangers thread at TexAgs has figured it out

Pahdz
My mom got in a fight with some female Browns fan walking out the ramps after that game. Good times
stoneca
Down to a 1/2 game lead…

Must sweep the Royals. The Division might depend on it
W
AG
what a collapse by Toronto

self-eliminating from the wildcard race
linkdude
AG
Rangers get to see Giolito tomorrow. No need for a Grienke revenge game, please baseball gods!
W
AG
64 - Astros
64 - Rangers
65 - Mariners
67 - Blue Jays

what a crazy last 2 weeks it's going to be
W
AG
and looking back...the Astros franchise has a history of winning division titles on the final day of the regular season

1980 -- game 163
1999 -- Astrodome finale
2001 -- tiebreaker in St. Louis
Ag_07
AG
So the Blue Jays didn't do us any favors as far as the Division is concerned but as far making the playoffs they've actually helped.
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

So the Blue Jays didn't do us any favors as far as the Division is concerned but as far making the playoffs they've actually helped.

We didn't do ourselves any favors either. Win 2/3 against Oakland and it's a 1.5 game lead.
Phrasing
AG

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

CFTXAG10 said:

cc10106 said:

KC is one of two professional sporting events in which I have punched someone in the face. Good times.
Sorry, 6th grade homework (x2) has altered the entire course of my life every night.

As mentioned at least one user name ago, and perhaps several years ago, in 1996, I quit my first job after 31 day and took a three-week, nine-state road trip that included baseball games in St. Louis, Chicago (both teams), Minnesota, Kansas City, and Colorado. In Kansas City, I got to see Jeff Granger start an inning in relief, walk the first batter, and immediately be taken out.

I had gotten this crazy good ticket about 5 rows behind home plate for that game (and about 3 rows behind Buck O'Neil). During the 7th inning stretch, the two guys behind me wouldn't stop screaming and mocking a kid who was out there singing Take me Out the Ballgame. I turned around and told them to STFU (I was 22), and one of them shoved me and it went downhill from there. I had to sign a waiver saying that I wouldn't go to any more Royals games in 1996. Mission accomplished.

In 1991, my best friend and I were seniors in high school and scored tickets from my aunt to go to a Sunday night Oilers v. Browns game at the Astrodome. Despite being heavy favorites, the Oilers did everything in their power to blow the game, which was the principle on which the team was founded.

My buddy and I had been joshing back and forth all night with 2 older Browns fans sitting behind us, and when Drew Hill got the game-winning touchdown with 1 minute to play, I turned around and made the casual suggestion that the two fans might enjoy taking part in an activity in which they both practice the art of fornicating themselves repeatedly.

I was high-fiving my friend for my incredible wit when one of them hit me in the back of the head with a beer bottle, as was the style of the day, and it turned into quite the altercation, with my friend taking ****ing forever to get in there. We were taken to the police station on Reed Rd, which is a real gem of an establishment and made to wait there in the drunk tank until my dad came to get us at about 3 a.m. I was grounded for the rest of the semester, but my popularity stock at school rose about 500% when the story made the rounds that Porkchop spent the night in jail.

As a lifetime Houstonian, these stories made my night. Touche good sir. And I thought the off night was going to be boring.
All I do is Nguyen
Today we start a brand new 6 days of baseball and hopefully the baseball gods are kind to us. We must appease them with TOFA, AOFA, YPOFA, and ZJOFA.

What's ZJOFA? If you need to ask you can't afford one.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

CFTXAG10 said:

cc10106 said:

Now this was a great story with which to start my day.
Ciboag96
Today begins another long watch for Dustys lineup card. This will determine our fate. The baseball gods don't even have control over that.
texasaggie2015
AG
Corona has a lot of work to do but he probably ranks top 2 or 3 in the system as far as ceiling goes among position players. He has a lot of talent
jetch17
AG
all the sh*t talking by both sides from back during the fartlington sac drag is fixing to heat up as theyre getting their glimmer of hope being .5 behind again ... some of them are getting big for their britches again, time to slap em back down and quit dicking around in KC
Farmer1906
AG
It's his defense and speed (60/60 for speed, field, & throw) that makes him exciting. His offense has a ways to go (high K%, so-so contact), which is funny since he just had a 20-30 season in just over 100 games.
Wabs
AG
Crunch time starts today. Playoffs start today. Stop ****ing around and play to win.
McInnis
AG
W said:

and looking back...the Astros franchise has a history of winning division titles on the final day of the regular season

1980 -- game 163
1999 -- Astrodome finale
2001 -- tiebreaker in St. Louis

In '80 the Astros had to win only one game in the final series against LA to clinch, and couldn't do it. Then a coin toss determined that the one game playoff would be in LA as well. Joe Niekro didn't care.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Idk the fact the rangers went from not being able to throw a strike or hit anything for a month to sweeping the blue jays on the road is fishy… I mean there is no way they didn't have the Canadian government to help them to hack into the network of the blue jays to get their pitch com system as well as get some undetectable top secret sticky stuff north of the border to help their bullpen be MLB pitchers again…. I mean there is just no other explanation for them being good… just no way….
Prosperdick
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Idk the fact the rangers went from not being able to throw a strike or hit anything for a month to sweeping the blue jays on the road is fishy… I mean there is no way they didn't have the Canadian government to help them to hack into the network of the blue jays to get their pitch com system as well as get some undetectable top secret sticky stuff north of the border to help their bullpen be MLB pitchers again…. I mean there is just no other explanation for them being good… just no way….
Trudeau seems like he would be a rangerette fan...I think this theory has legs.
All I do is Nguyen
I think you're onto something here, we should alert the MLB and the Canadian Mounties so they can launch a full on investigation
W
AG
checking in with Carlos...

oh my, he's up to 29 GiDP's for the season with the Twins

threatening to have a top 10 all-time MLB season for grounding into double plays

hits into a double play once every 17 at-bats

----
Jim Rice holds the single-season record with 36 GiDP's set in 1984

the single-season record for a player under the age of 30....is 32 GiDP's
Big Al 1992
AG
Someone remind Dusty today our lead is .5 games not 10.5 games going into the weekend. Remind him we haven't clinched anything yet - not a division title or even a playoff spot. Remind him yesterday was an off day for everybody and zero reason to rest your best players this weekend.
OKCAg2002
AG
And we have every Thursday off this month. There are zero reasons to rest your best players.
Mr President Elect
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Today we start a brand new 6 days of baseball and hopefully the baseball gods are kind to us. We must appease them with TOFA, AOFA, YPOFA, and ZJOFA.

What's ZJOFA? If you need to ask you can't afford one.

Here is to a good linup today:

BPOFCM

Boiling Denim
Don't let that 1-15 record fool you Grienke has the same WHIP as Cy Young hopeful Javier…hmmm…wait
mwm
I'll watch the scoreboard like everyone else but, if we don't make the playoffs, it's no one's fault but the front office, manager, coaches & players.

Focus on taking care of our own business for the next 2 weeks & we will be there.
First Page Last Page
Page 2290 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.