***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,504,940 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight is gonna be a bizzaro game with Brown throwing a CGSO and the Dusty special lineup putting up 15 runs
nbbob
Farmer1906 said:

Willy Wonka said:

Ag_07 said:

Hope HB has his big boy britches on tonight

The way Hunter's been pitching we may get a quote like we heard the other night except, "I wish I wasn't out there for the 3rd inning, to be honest."
Hunter aint a *****.

On pitching strategy talk, I think we need to view the 2023 postseason as basically piggybacking/on hands on deck every game. If we get down big early, we may need to punt a game (like the Sox did a few series back).

Sure, Framber & JV will be afforded to go as deep as they can, but basically, everyone else needs to get thru the lineup once, maybe twice then pass the ball on to someone else.

I think the Dodgers are going to handle things like that with how many issues they have been having. I think that is the main reason we've passed them at the sports books.

So we should use a strategy the Dodgers will use that has resulted in them dropping at the sports books?
txags92
AG
tjack16 said:

Jake will either go 2-4 with 2 extra base hits, or have us cussing out Dusty for having Chas on the bench by the 7th inning
Its ok, if Jake isn't hitting, Dusty can PH Maldonado for him and then insert Dubon as a defensive replacement.
Prosperdick
AG
BadAggie said:

Tonight is gonna be a bizzaro game with Brown throwing a CGSO and the Dusty special lineup putting up 15 runs
I sure hope you're right.
BadAggie
AG
We'll see what impact JV's 'hey chumps, play better' speech has tonight.
Beau Holder
AG
Mariners win again. Stros have done themselves absolutely zero favors.
spadilly
S
Let's do this.
Mr President Elect
AG
Some of you guys have revisionist history. Previous years Dusty sucked too. He just had a sub .750 ops Chas instead of the one this year and didn't have a rookie catcher that is a near elite hitter to keep sidelined.

I've always liked his postseason lineups though. Although, apparently that isn't him.
Chrundle the Great
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Ag_07 said:

My God the Rangerette fanboys are fckn off their rocker.

I saw a headline that Max is going for an MRI and I click over on that thread to get some info and insight only to see that all they can talk about is their theory that we're cheating.

But only on the road (too many eyes watching us at home) by hacking pitchcom and batters are getting the info in real time as it's being relayed form catcher to pitcher. And furthermore we didn't start mashing until later in the games because we have to confirm the data we're collecting. AND EVEN FURTHEMORE we didn't hit Hedges like the others because he is a position player and not using pitchcom.

People actually believe this shlt? That's institutionalized level of delusion.

To be fair, most of their guys seem to have moved past the idea of it. Only MrGigem is stupid enough to keep yapping about it.

He's also openly admitted he posts crazy **** over there to bait Astros fans into posting in their thread so they can ban them.

Back in the day we called that trolling and that was against the Texags code of conduct but maybe times have changed…
txags92
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Some of you guys have revisionist history. Previous years Dusty sucked too. He just had a sub .750 ops Chas instead of the one this year and didn't have a rookie catcher that is a near elite hitter to keep sidelined.

I've always liked his postseason lineups though. Although, apparently that isn't him.
When you are 10-15 games better than everybody in your division due to lights out starting pitching and the best bullpen in baseball, you can F up a lineup or two and nobody will really notice. When your division gets competitive and every game counts, the shortcoming become a lot more obvious.
Farmer1906
AG
nbbob said:

Farmer1906 said:

Willy Wonka said:

Ag_07 said:

The way Hunter's been pitching we may get a quote like we heard the other night except, "I wish I wasn't out there for the 3rd inning, to be honest."
Hunter aint a *****.

On pitching strategy talk, I think we need to view the 2023 postseason as basically piggybacking/on hands on deck every game. If we get down big early, we may need to punt a game (like the Sox did a few series back).

Sure, Framber & JV will be afforded to go as deep as they can, but basically, everyone else needs to get thru the lineup once, maybe twice then pass the ball on to someone else.

I think the Dodgers are going to handle things like that with how many issues they have been having. I think that is the main reason we've passed them at the sports books.

So we should use a strategy the Dodgers will use that has resulted in them dropping at the sports books?

They're dropping because of their pitching issues. Injuries, injuries, more injuries, and domestic violence.

My point is they're a smart team who will find a way to make it work. I like to think we still are and will too.
txags92
AG
Farmer1906 said:

nbbob said:

Farmer1906 said:

Willy Wonka said:

Ag_07 said:

Hunter aint a *****.

They're dropping because of their pitching issues. Injuries, injuries, more injuries, and domestic violence.

My point is they're a smart team who will find a way to make it work. I like to think we still are and will too.
Does "we" include Dusty? If so, then no, "we" are not a smart team. We are dumb, stubborn, and resistant to good ideas.
Farmer1906
AG
txags92 said:

Farmer1906 said:

nbbob said:

Farmer1906 said:

Willy Wonka said:

Ag_07 said:

Hunter aint a *****.

Does "we" include Dusty? If so, then no, "we" are not a smart team. We are dumb, stubborn, and resistant to good ideas.

I think our pitching decisions in 2021 were very smart. If that's dusty or a group effort, idk. Last year was easier when it came to decisions.
Farmer1906
AG
Nice K. No hugs.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Good start. Now do it two more times.
W
AG
woo hoo!

no runs for the A's in the 1st
jah003
S
Is it legal to not give up runs in the 1st?
BadAggie
AG
Astros in the middle of a division race with 16 games left, 1.5 games above being out of the playoffs and MFin Dusty's out there saying he needs to give guys days off.

W
AG
no runs for the Astros either
gambochaman
AG
What is happening that we keep hitting soft contact against these guys?

This is baffling
mwm
Another offensive inning of weak and/or no contact.
texasaggie2015
AG
Our body language is even different at home I've noticed
Mathguy64
AG
We must be swinging with toothpicks and they are throwing golf balls because we couldn't make contact if we tried right now.
mwm
Only Pena shows faux bravdo.
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Our body language is even different at home I've noticed

Maybe there's rats in the locker room like the Jacksonville Jaguars have?

Farmer1906
AG
Brown's got some juice.
bearkatag15
AG
maybe mix in some offspeed
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
BadAggie
AG
Brown pumping in high heat fouling off
mwm
A .207 hitter running up the pitch count on Brown.
BadAggie
AG
Whatever it takes gotta win this game
redline248
AG
mwm said:

A .207 hitter running up the pitch count on Brown.
Has he looked like a .207 hitter at any point this series?
W
AG
H.B. looking sharp thru 2
BadAggie
AG
JV Jr listened to JV Sr apparently
SpaceCityAg05
AG
'Member when Dusty said he needed Maldy to catch HB to straighten him out last start?
First Page Last Page
Page 2279 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.