***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,505,293 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Just once I'd like a reporter to ask him:

"Dusty, what do you say to critics of your policies like 'everybody plays' who point out that over decades of coaching you always failed with those policies? And it wasn't until you joined a team that had already been to 3 World Series in 5 years without you that you finally won something - with a bull pen even you couldn't screw up?"

2 WS in 3 years.

Dusty has gone ALCS, WS, and WS winner. Its hard to argue with the final result.
Beau Holder
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

"Dusty, what do you say to critics of your policies like 'everybody plays' who point out that over decades of coaching you always failed with those policies? And it wasn't until you joined a team that had already been to 3 World Series in 5 years without you that you finally won something - with a bull pen even you couldn't screw up?"

I would contribute to a crowdfund attempt to get Chandler to do this. Unfortunately it would probably immediately end clubhouse access.
texasaggie2015
AG
Chandler is one of the very few who would actually do that. He's the one who asked Dusty why he didn't pinch hit for Maldy last night. Dusty was not a fan.
bearkatag15
AG
8:10 starts a day perfect. Kids are in bed and no distractions. I'll have to watch tonight's game on delay
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
RC_57
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Farmer and I will meet up in The Woodlands. Marvin can join if he gets Mrs Marvin's permission. And then we'll make a list of who we decide is worthy of joining us in the city for an expanded Astros TexAgs meet up.

Hey let me invite myself if you don't mind

I really just took on a bigger interest in this game about 7 or 8 years ago. Whereas before I found it too slow. NOw I really enjoy the way a game develops from inning to inning.

I would enjoy just sitting in and learning from y'all (Plus a good shot or three of whiskey is always a welcome addition)
RC_57
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Chandler is one of the very few who would actually do that. He's the one who asked Dusty why he didn't pinch hit for Maldy last night. Dusty was not a fan.

What was Dusty's response?
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Farmer and I will meet up in The Woodlands. Marvin can join if he gets Mrs Marvin's permission. And then we'll make a list of who we decide is worthy of joining us in the city for an expanded Astros TexAgs meet up.

I humbly offer my name as a potential hangout guest for future events.
texasaggie2015
AG
Absolutely man. Of course all are invited whenever it happens.
JYDog90
AG
Ag_07 said:

Hope HB has his big boy britches on tonight

The way Hunter's been pitching we may get a quote like we heard the other night except, "I wish I wasn't out there for the 3rd inning, to be honest."
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Ketch has been on my ass to get out and have some fun. Between work, kids (dance, softball), and my wife working I have so little time to go out with the boys (snuck in the Arlington trip tho).

We should make it happen tho.
texasaggie2015
AG
And I'm going to stay on your ass
Farmer1906
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Ag_07 said:

Hope HB has his big boy britches on tonight

The way Hunter's been pitching we may get a quote like we heard the other night except, "I wish I wasn't out there for the 3rd inning, to be honest."
Hunter aint a *****.

On pitching strategy talk, I think we need to view the 2023 postseason as basically piggybacking/on hands on deck every game. If we get down big early, we may need to punt a game (like the Sox did a few series back).

Sure, Framber & JV will be afforded to go as deep as they can, but basically, everyone else needs to get thru the lineup once, maybe twice then pass the ball on to someone else.

I think the Dodgers are going to handle things like that with how many issues they have been having. I think that is the main reason we've passed them at the sports books.
Ciboag96
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Ketch has been on my ass to get out and have some fun. Between work, kids (dance, softball), and my wife working I have so little time to go out with the boys (snuck in the Arlington trip tho).

We should make it happen tho.
Do you guys golf? I'm the same with spare time, there isn't enough so my favorite way to hang out with other guys and be able to golf is do it together.

Or go with my 9yr old.

I'm not very good at it but I have fun still between swings and overreactions to my poor shots.
redline248
AG
After the offensive output the previous 2 games, I don't have a problem with today's lineup.

I hope y'all understand how difficult that is for me
Farmer1906
AG
I have played maybe played 27 holes in my life.
texasaggie2015
AG
My reaction to slicing my drive is pretty similar to the reaction on here when Maldy is in the lineup
aggiedata
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My reactions would fit in well here. I don't react much to watching baseball besides playoffs.
Beau Holder
AG
Mariners take the lead in the 5th
Farmer1906
AG
I had to triple check this was real. The parodies of him sometimes sound more real than this nonsense.

AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

2 WS in 3 years.

Dusty has gone ALCS, WS, and WS winner. Its hard to argue with the final result.

He's held serve with arguably the best team in the last 6 years. Hell, we supposedly have 3 of the top 5 offensive players during that stretch according to some of the videos posted the last week on here. Imagine if he was a good manager and not just everyone's friend.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I still want to do some sort of meetup for a game with you dorks. There's a new spot that opened up in The Woodlands that I like.
If I leave home at 5 p.m. on a Friday I can be there by 11:30 p.m.
texasaggie2015
AG
Perfect.
tjack16
AG
Jake will either go 2-4 with 2 extra base hits, or have us cussing out Dusty for having Chas on the bench by the 7th inning
Ag_07
AG
Beau Holder said:

Mariners take the lead in the 5th

If we could beat the lowly As it wouldn't matter.
Farmer1906
AG

Great to see from our best reliever.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

2 WS in 3 years.

AJ Hinch: 2017-2019:
1 World Series win, 1 World Series loss, 1 ALCS loss
Texags: "Ahhhh, the good old days, oh if only we could go back!"

Dusty Baker: 2020-2022
Texags: "I would tear off my own left testicle to give this guy a fatal heart attack!"

BadAggie
AG
It's Dusty 2023 that's the issue, he's gone off the rails
tjack16
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Farmer1906 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

2 WS in 3 years.

Texags: "I would tear off my own left testicle to give this guy a fatal heart attack!"

Dusty also inherited the 2017-2019 roster that had experience winning. AJ inherited the 2012-2014 team that had never played in meaningful games

Also 2023 Dusty is the main problem. His 2020-2022 managing didn't bother me as much
Farmer1906
AG

Farmer1906 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

2 WS in 3 years.

Star Wars OT
ANH - 3.8 B
ESB - 1.9 B
RotJ - 1.4 B
"Ahhh the greatest trilogy ever"

Star Wars ST
TFA - 2.6 B
TLJ - 1.6 B
RotS - 1.2 B
"They ruined Star Wars!!!"

All adjusted for inflation.
Faustus
Mathguy64 said:

Dusty, I cant keep posting lucky tits to cover for you game after game after game. Sooner or later you are going to run the magic out of those hangers.
But gravity always wins.

And it wears him out. [/Faux Plastic Trees]

BadAggie
AG
Lol now Dusty claiming Maldy just needs a pit stop
AgSportsFan89
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

2 WS in 3 years.

Star Wars OT
ANH - 3.8 B
ESB - 1.9 B
RotJ - 1.4 B
"Ahhh the greatest trilogy ever"

Star Wars ST
TFA - 2.6 B
TLJ - 1.6 B
RotS - 1.2 B
"They ruined Star Wars!!!"

All adjusted for inflation.

My one regret in life is that I can only give this post one star
BadAggie
AG
If we all post nudie pics they can't ban us all
First Page Last Page
Page 2278 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.