***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,504,701 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Satellite of Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The D said:

Listening to 790 and the amount of maldy love from the callers is sickening. The points they are using:

1). The players love maldy
2). He calls the best game in the league
3) best defensive catcher in the league
4 Diaz is rookie
5) catchers aren't supposed to hit anyways
6) the offensive production we get with Diaz is outweighed by the game maldy calls behind the plate.

Can our fans get anymore dumb ? I heard this 4 times in a row

Man our fans are baseball ignorant. They understand that Adley Rutschman was a rookie playing for Baltimore last season and look how he has improved over that time to this year....
Prosperdick
AG
Satellite of Love said:

The D said:

Listening to 790 and the amount of maldy love from the callers is sickening. The points they are using:

4 Diaz is rookie
6) the offensive production we get with Diaz is outweighed by the game maldy calls behind the plate.

Man our fans are baseball ignorant. They understand that Adley Rutschman was a rookie playing for Baltimore last season and look how he has improved over that time to this year....
Those "fans" would probably say "yeah but Baltimore sucks" not even realizing where they are in the standings because they are LIF's (low information fans).

Of course it seems our FO agrees with the approach, which is frightening. Who knows, maybe there are so many intangibles that Maldy brings that Diaz doesn't. I mean all Diaz brings are home runs and throwing runners out and not allowing any passed balls. Who needs any of that tangible crap.
AgLA06
AG
Panama Red said:

Very bizarre take from AgLA06. Does he want the GM to say Maldonado can't hit or play defense?

Its like he has never heard of coach speak before.

Plenty. You generally stick to things they do well so you don't have a team wondering what the hell you're talking about.
txags92
AG
Prosperdick said:

Satellite of Love said:

The D said:

4 Diaz is rookie

Those "fans" would probably say "yeah but Baltimore sucks" not even realizing where they are in the standings because they are LIF's (low information fans).

Of course it seems our FO agrees with the approach, which is frightening. Who knows, maybe there are so many intangibles that Maldy brings that Diaz doesn't. I mean all Diaz brings are home runs and throwing runners out and not allowing any passed balls. Who needs any of that tangible crap.
And a better winning percentage for the team when he is behind the plate...but who cares about that?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
No offense. You can't compare win percentages when it's a 2-1 ratio. Plus add the fact that Diaz is in the lineup at other position at times as well as a few starts which we're Salazar catching.
W
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Here's the upside of baseball in this situation…

Win tonight, and things look better pretty quickly.
yes, we know the Rangers or Blue Jays will lose tonight

and we know one of them will lose tomorrow
Marvin
AG
Everybody ok today?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
cc10106
Hunter Brown, we need you and a rested bullpen to ball out tonight!
Prosperdick
AG
Look, rookies take time and you can't trust them. You have to bring them along slowly. What, do you think a rookie will just magically hit major league pitching?

Also, once he gets to the playoffs when the lights are shining brightest, do you think he'll continue to mash and what, win World Series MVP. No f***ing way! That would never happen!
cc10106
Prosperdick said:

Look, rookies take time and you can't trust them. You have to bring them along slowly. What, do you think a rookie will just magically hit major league pitching?

Also, once he gets to the playoffs when the lights are shining brightest, do you think he'll continue to mash and what, win World Series MVP. No f***ing way! That would never happen!
I'm sure playing Pena nearly every day last season couldn't have contributed to his postseason success either.
n_touch
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

N touch is going to trade him with Breggy before their contracts expire

Package deal with cash for a player to be named later
txags92
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

No offense. You can't compare win percentages when it's a 2-1 ratio. Plus add the fact that Diaz is in the lineup at other position at times as well as a few starts which we're Salazar catching.
2-1 ratio is not a big barrier to comparison when we are talking ~43 starts at catcher for Diaz. That is not a statistically insignificant number and because they are scattered throughout the season and not clumped in one hot or cold period for the team, they should be representative. I didn't use all of Diaz's games, I just took games where Maldy had 2 or more at bats and assumed he started those, then subtracted the games Maldy started from the total W-L to get the numbers for Diaz. If somebody knows which games Salazar started, we can remove that W-L from Diaz's #s.

Obviously the easy to way to compare them would be to compare starts by the same pitchers with each guy catching them, but since Diaz hasn't caught several of the guys, there is nothing to compare.
Ag_07
AG
n_touch said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Throw in Tuck too so we can get something for him before he walks for free
CFTXAG10
AG
n_touch said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Any update on the flags?
n_touch
Ag_07 said:

n_touch said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Throw in Tuck too so we can get something for him before he walks for free
Then we will have to throw in more money and the deal becomes to cash heavy. Maybe throw in Maldy so they are getting a crafty veteran that can help the pitching staff and maybe a team will be up for it.
n_touch
Putting the artwork together. I am thinking the main logo and the two ws logos under. But am open to suggestions.
CFTXAG10
AG
That sounds good, might order a custom with "GLF" on it
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Something I forgot was mentioned to Dana earlier and MT just mentioned it on 790. The batters eye, Dana did not deny it and even acknowledged it has been mentioned by multiple guys
W
AG
Mariners play at 3pm today
BMX Bandit
on the batter's eye issue, and sorry if already discussed, why does it not affect the other teams?
Wabs
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Something I forgot was mentioned to Dana earlier and MT just mentioned it on 790. The batters eye, Dana did not deny it and even acknowledged it has been mentioned by multiple guys
Forgive the ignorance, but did the batters eye change this season from the previous few seasons?
Ciboag96
Marvin said:

Everybody ok today?

Waiting on the lineup to determine the level of my tantrum
Ag_07
AG
The batter's eye has been brought every season since it was changed when Tal's hill was removed.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Couldn't tell ya. I'm just saying it was mentioned to Dana and he did not say it was nothing and ignore it.

Then MT mentioned it again so I mentioned it. He said about the same, other team uses the same batters box
BadAggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

on the batter's eye issue, and sorry if already discussed, why does it not affect the other teams?

LOL. It's cover for 'our players get home and lazy'

CFTXAG10
AG
Singleton and Meyers?
The D
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Marvin said:

Everybody ok today?

Waiting on the lineup to determine the level of my tantrum

texasaggie2015
AG
Don't tell me the lineup is out and they're in it....
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm going to launch myself into the sun
The D
AG
I'll get it out of the way.

**** YOU DUSTY !
AgLA06
AG
Good thing the front office has us covered and knows better.

I don't care if its not the playoffs. This is ridiculous.
BadAggie
AG
Lol that fake

Holy shtt it's real

Oh man
jetch17
AG
Just saw it elsewhere and knew the thread would be off & running
texasaggie2015
AG
AgLA06 said:

Good thing the front office has us covered and knows better.

I don't care if its not the playoffs. This is ridiculous.
The front office cannot do anything. Dusty Baker signed a contract. A part of that contract is that he has final say on the lineup and bullpen usage during the regular season.

This notion that the front office is just asleep at the wheel or not doing anything because they don't feel like it is just false.

Does it suck? Yeah. Drives me insane. But it is what it is.

Maybe I haven't been clear on this in the past.
texasaggie2015
AG
Jose Abreu has a .455 lifetime batting average against Blackburn
First Page Last Page
Page 2275 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.