***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,510,938 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texasaggie2015 said:

I highly doubt Diaz will catch most of the games. I'll just come out and say it. They want a veteran behind the plate. 1-8 in the order will be deadly and Diaz will be available to come off the bench in a big situation or even start on occasion… but Maldonado will be back there a majority of the time.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not saying I agree or disagree and I'm not defending Dusty like I've been accused of doing so many times lol

Diaz not catching most games means the FO isn't doing squat

Diaz is by far the biggest single defensive and offensive upgrade
texasaggie2015
AG
Farmer will probably buy that Hello Kitty bobblehead from you. He was devastated he couldn't make it.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I highly doubt Diaz will catch most of the games. I'll just come out and say it. They want a veteran behind the plate. 1-8 in the order will be deadly and Diaz will be available to come off the bench in a big situation or even start on occasion… but Maldonado will be back there a majority of the time.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not saying I agree or disagree and I'm not defending Dusty like I've been accused of doing so many times lol
I totally get wanting a veteran catcher who is at least AVERAGE offensively and defensively but not one that is dead last offensively and dead last framing pitches and passed balls and close to dead last throwing runners out (who knows, maybe he's dead last now, he's really been "downing" the average lately).

You can't tell me this pitcher whisperer s*** is that valuable or if prepping is that valuable have him prep Diaz or hell, Cesar Salazar, I'm sure he's better defensively than Maldy and probably a wash offensively.
Jackal99
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Farmer will probably buy that Hello Kitty bobblehead from you. He was devastated he couldn't make it.

Someone already offered to buy it. My wife politely declined.
texasaggie2015
AG
I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. Maybe something changes
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I totally get wanting a veteran catcher who is at least AVERAGE offensively and defensively but not one that is dead last offensively and dead last framing pitches and passed balls and close to dead last throwing runners out (who knows, maybe he's dead last now, he's really been "downing" the average lately).

You can't tell me this pitcher whisperer s*** is that valuable or if prepping is that valuable have him prep Diaz or hell, Cesar Salazar, I'm sure he's better defensively than Maldy and probably a wash offensively.
Can we please let it go when we get to the postseason? Going to be absolutely brutal reading it every day. It's already brutal, but during that time when it should be good vibes it's going to be actually the worst thing in the world.

And no, if the Astros lose the World Series this year, it will not be because of Maldy. Getting that one out of the way now.
texasaggie2015
AG
This. So much this. We all don't like Maldy, we get it. Let's just enjoy the ride.
AggiEE
Beat40 said:

Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Can we please let it go when we get to the postseason? Going to be absolutely brutal reading it every day. It's already brutal, but during that time when it should be good vibes it's going to be actually the worst thing in the world.

No

What's brutal is not playing an all star caliber catcher in favor for someone that doesn't deserve to be a starter on any team
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

This. So much this. We all don't like Maldy, we get it. Let's just enjoy the ride.
My apologies...I guess I still had a slimmer of hope the front office would course correct Dusty's insanity. Oh well, old school it is!

Go Stros!!!
texasaggie2015
AG
What's even more brutal is the same post being made over and over and over and over again. There's nothing we can do to change it.

To each their own, but I've just decided to enjoy my baseball team being good and not sweat what I don't have control over.

Let's get a big win tonight and get the momentum rolling again. I truly believe we're getting hot at the right time.
tjack16
AG
Ready for vintage JV tonight
Beat40
AggiEE said:

Beat40 said:

Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

No

What's brutal is not playing an all star caliber catcher in favor for someone that doesn't deserve to be a starter on any team
I DON'T GIVE A ***** You have no say in the line-up, yet you continually bleed over the line up every. single. day. It's exhausting, man.

Every. single. person. on this damn thread agrees with you. You saying it over, and over, and over, and over again will not change a damn thing. We literally cannot do a thing about it. It's annoying as hell.

I cannot believe this discussion happens day after day after day after day. It's like sports radio discussing the cowboys every 10 minutes.
W
AG
Tucker couldn't quite catch it

should he have caught it?
Beat40
Nice seats! Let's go!
W
AG
the A's are on the board
Mathguy64
AG
JV needs to stop this now.
Ag_07
AG
That was quick
OKCAg2002
AG
What is it about JV always giving up 1st inning runs?
W
AG
left a couple over the plate
AgSportsFan89
AG
Settle down now
Blackbeard94
AG
Ok……
Wabs
AG
94 right in the kill zone
stoneca
We better not let the freaking A's cost us the division
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Missed a hanger
W
AG
you gotta be kidding me
tjack16
AG
Wtf did the A's and Braves switch rosters for the week?
stoneca
3-0
Boiling Denim
Big yikes
AgSportsFan89
AG
Garbage
f1ghtintexasaggie
Worst ******* team in the league.
gambochaman
AG
Brilliant start there
W
AG
location is horrible

these are B.P. fastballs
stoneca
Sure is great having Maldy behind the plate to help JV right now
Blackbeard94
AG
All I can do is laugh, and then cry
CFTXAG10
AG
2 steps forward 3 steps back
First Page Last Page
Page 2257 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.