***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,934 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys... Chas played CF in the playoffs every single time when JV started last year. I highly doubt it happens this year.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Guys... Chas played CF in the playoffs every single time when JV started last year. I highly doubt it happens this year.

How about Vazquez?
fullback44
AG
spadilly said:

Now if he would only make that last line up change
txags92
AG
MAROON said:

JV's personal CF with another start. Amazing - he won't' start a game in the playoffs but will start every regular season game JV pitches. It's just incredible.
I know it is a tremendously unpopular opinion around here, but Dubon has the second highest OPS on the team over the last 30 days (1.008). I don't think including him in the lineup is nearly as big of a Dusty as everybody wants to think it is. Sitting Yainer continues to be a WTF, but that is what it is.
Prosperdick
AG
txags92 said:

MAROON said:

JV's personal CF with another start. Amazing - he won't' start a game in the playoffs but will start every regular season game JV pitches. It's just incredible.
I know it is a tremendously unpopular opinion around here, but Dubon has the second highest OPS on the team over the last 30 days (1.008). I don't think including him in the lineup is nearly as big of a Dusty as everybody wants to think it is. Sitting Yainer continues to be a WTF, but that is what it is.

I think everyone is expecting Dubon to regress back to what he normally is and if that happens over the next few weeks I seriously doubt the FO will want him in the lineup, regardless if he's JV's personal CF or not.

Also, Chas in center and Yordan in left would free up the DH spot for Diaz, who desperately needs more at bats.
MAROON
AG
tjack16 said:

MAROON said:

You're certain Dusty won't start dubon in a playoff game?

Show me where he did last year
FrioAg 00
AG
I know, super late notice - anyone want 4 tickets tonight to watch JV smoke these fellas? Gallagher Club seats and parking passes

First to respond on the thread gets 'em
Beat40
texasaggie2015 said:

I think Chas does play, but man, I'm not as confident as last year because the whole Diaz thing is just absolutely wild. He very clearly deserves to be in the line-up nearly everyday, but, if it weren't for Yordan getting hurt, I'm guessing he only has 75% of the ABs he currently does.

To be honest, I was kind of hoping MB didn't come back this year because it was already going to be hard for Diaz to get ABs. While I think Chas will play over Dubon in the postseason, I'm much less confident Diaz gets ABs with a healthy MB. I'm not complaining about a healthy MB, but man, Diaz's bat should be in the line-up in the postseason and I'm afraid he's only going to start 2 games of a series.
tjack16
AG
MAROON said:

tjack16 said:

MAROON said:

You're certain Dusty won't start dubon in a playoff game?

Show me where he did last year

Not a fair comparison. Dubon has played a lot better this year than last year. Also… it's Dusty. Nothing he does would surprise me

Ag_07
AG
If it makes anyone feel any better the Rangers are trotting out Robbie Grossman in the 3 hole.

Guess it could be worse
Beau Holder
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I know, super late notice - anyone want 4 tickets tonight to watch JV smoke these fellas? Gallagher Club seats and parking passes

First to respond on the thread gets 'em

I could take 2.

If you want to unload all four at once rather than two, I could try to call some friends.
FrioAg 00
AG
You've got it - reply or IM me the email tied to your MLB app
Beau Holder
AG
Sent. Thank you!!
MAROON
AG
If it's true the front office dictates the playoff line-ups then Dubon will be a PH and or injury replacement in the playoffs. And I actually like Dubon, but Chaz and Yanier are better players
BadAggie
AG
Hopefully we'll see a little better effort this evening.
RED AG 98
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I know it's not what you're saying, but I also highly doubt this happens again this year. It makes as much sense now in the middle of a mid-September division race as it does in the playoffs. I'll believe it when I see it.
Mr.Bond
AG
Scouting for the boys in case we see them in October
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

AggiEE
Beat40 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I think Chas does play, but man, I'm not as confident as last year because the whole Diaz thing is just absolutely wild. He very clearly deserves to be in the line-up nearly everyday

Donkey has gone full WETARD this year with the lineup

I have zero faith that the front office steps in and does the right thing, they would be too concerned with tensions that could come up during the playoffs as a result

We will live and die this year on Maldy and Dubon
tjack16
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Scouting for the boys in case we see them in October

Gosh that would be the dream WS matchup. We'd crush them
Mr.Bond
AG
Random fact. Jason Lane is the brewers 3B coach
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

texasaggie2015
AG
Let me get this straight….

You think the front office would rather avoid hurting his feelings than win a world championship?

Give me a break.
texasaggie2015
AG
Again, y'all don't have to believe me. But nothing has changed since last year as far as how they go about things in the postseason.
Dies Irae
Mr.Bond said:

Random fact. Jason Lane is the brewers 3B coach

Dude was a player in '05
AggiEE
texasaggie2015 said:

Let me get this straight….

You think the front office would rather avoid hurting his feelings than win a world championship?

Give me a break.

I don't think they want drama in the playoffs.

Zero confidence that the lineup of death is used 80% of the time in the playoffs with Diaz catching and McCormick in CF
Dies Irae
I just had a nightmare that one game we'll have Stanton and Bogusevic in the booth.
texasaggie2015
AG
There would not be any drama. There wasn't last year and the structure remains the exact same.

These are grown adults. They'll be fine.

I won't guarantee who catches, but I can almost guarantee Chas will be in CF a vast majority of the time.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Again, y'all don't have to believe me. But nothing has changed since last year as far as how they go about things in the postseason.
But does the FO think Maldy should be catching 80% of the games? That's the important question. We all know the FO thinks Chas should start, period. Hopefully they let Maldy catch Framber and that's it.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

There would not be any drama. There wasn't last year and the structure remains the exact same.

These are grown adults. They'll be fine.

I won't guarantee who catches, but I can almost guarantee Chas will be in CF a vast majority of the time.
Then they have s*** for brains...give Framber his Maldy blanket and go Diaz or go home, literally.
texasaggie2015
AG
I highly doubt Diaz will catch most of the games. I'll just come out and say it. They want a veteran behind the plate. 1-8 in the order will be deadly and Diaz will be available to come off the bench in a big situation or even start on occasion… but Maldonado will be back there a majority of the time.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not saying I agree or disagree and I'm not defending Dusty like I've been accused of doing so many times lol
Dies Irae
I remember one year my dad bought one of those "random autographed baseball" charity bags, and I had visions of a Bagwell, Biggio or Caminiti autograph and I got Casey Candaele
texasaggie2015
AG
Dies Irae said:

I remember one year my dad bought one of those "random autographed baseball" charity bags, and I had visions of a Bagwell, Biggio or Caminiti autograph and I got Casey Candaele

I was probably 6 years old and Bagwell accidentally skipped me in an autograph line. I was devastated. Guess who came up next and signed my ball? Freaking Mike Magnante. Slightly less cool.
Dies Irae
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Dies Irae said:

I was probably 6 years old and Bagwell accidentally skipped me in an autograph line. I was devastated. Guess who came up next and signed my ball? Freaking Mike Magnante. Slightly less cool.

When I was really young my mom got me a signed baseball by the entire 98 Astros team at a garage sale. When I turned 16, I looked at it for the first time in years and realized all the players used the same exact pen and had the exact same handwriting.

Was very bummed at the time but we laugh about it now
texasaggie2015
AG
I love it. So many fun memories going to the dome with my dad in 97-99.
Jackal99
AG
At the game with my wife and son. She got the Hello Kitty bobblehead, he got his picture with Julia Morales (and a compliment on his homemade King Tuck crown), and I got a signed Correa ball in the $100 charity bag. Everyone goes home happy tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 2256 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.