***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,506,558 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

On a weirder note, my family went to a carnival with some local make-a-wish kids we help out with. They were riding bumper rides. An older man, he might have been mentally challenged, kept ramming this one 5-year-old boy wearing an Astros World Champion shirt I bought him. Needless to say, this guy celebrated like he won the World Series afterwards. What a sad, pathetic, loser.

I LOL'd.

(read the Rangerette thread)
Well done Farmer. Spit out my coffee.
Beat40
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

On a weirder note, my family went to a carnival with some local make-a-wish kids we help out with. They were riding bumper rides. An older man, he might have been mentally challenged, kept ramming this one 5-year-old boy wearing an Astros World Champion shirt I bought him. Needless to say, this guy celebrated like he won the World Series afterwards. What a sad, pathetic, loser.

I LOL'd.

(read the Rangerette thread)
Amazing. What's even more amazing is one of the other posters said the Astros thread would exaggerate and say the dude beat up a child - the dude bumper car'd a 5-year-old because he was wearing an Astros shirt and that's the issue?

I can see now why they need staff so bad since they let 5-year-olds get under their skin. Children do as children do.
CoachAg19
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?

Yes l, and I'm correct too, apparently you didn't look at the Mariners schedule did you. They have easiest schedule left compared to Astros, Rangers are done
When Mariners win the conference come back and see me, I think Mariners will have at least a 5 game lead when season is over, come on back and reply here when it happens

Don't want this genius comment to get lost out there.
Class of 2010
Bonnettecj1
Realistically, the Astros should go 13-5 over the final 18 games (and that's being somewhat reserved). That brings our record to 95-67.
Remaining schedule:
3/3 vs Oakland
2/3 @ Kansas City
1/3 vs Baltimore
3/3 vs Kansas City
2/3 @ Seattle
2/3 @ Arizona

Seattle remaining schedule:
@ Anaheim
vs Dodgers
@ Oakland
@ Arlington
vs Astros
vs Arlington

IF we go 13-5 with the remaining schedule, Seattle would have to go 16-3 to tie/win the division. I think this is incredibly doable for the Astros.
CoachAg19
AG
Bonnettecj1 said:

Realistically, the Astros should go 13-5 over the final 18 games (and that's being somewhat reserved). That brings our record to 95-67.
Remaining schedule:
3/3 vs Oakland
2/3 @ Kansas City
1/3 vs Baltimore
3/3 vs Kansas City
2/3 @ Seattle
2/3 @ Arizona

@ Anaheim
vs Dodgers
@ Oakland
@ Arlington
vs Astros
vs Arlington

IF we go 13-5 with the remaining schedule, Seattle would have to go 16-3 to tie/win the division. I think this is incredibly doable for the Astros.

This is definitely possible for us to do. That Seattle series though needs to be treated (and I'm saying this in regards to Dusty) as a playoff series. No messing around. Give them the best you have to offer and hopefully either sweep or go 2-1. Take care of business leading up to that series and then you should have some space to give guys a break in Arizona and still win the division.
Class of 2010
W
AG
yes, the Astros have a realistic shot to clinch the division in Seattle...and make the final series at Arizona meaningless

i.e. rest everybody
Bonnettecj1
With how Seattle has been playing, they could lose 4 or 5 games this week alone.

If that happens and the Astros go 5-1 against the As and Royals, the Ms will have to be nearly flawless the rest of the way.
Big Al 1992
AG
tjack16 said:

18 games left.

I'd like to see 11-7.

We just need the angels to do us a solid and not get swept against Seattle.

Since I took the O/U at 97.5 wins I'd really like to see us go 16-2!!
AgLA06
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

tjack16 said:

18 games left.

I'd like to see 11-7.

We just need the angels to do us a solid and not get swept against Seattle.

Since I took the O/U at 97.5 wins I'd really like to see us go 16-2!!I
it's too bad Dusty had the under.

Edit: since this posted before I choose the icon. It's a joke. I think.
AggieJ2002
AG
While we are certainly capable of going 8-1 against Oak/KC, the expectation of that is not the bar to me. They are still major league players and both teams have actually been playing pretty decent these last few weeks.

I'd be satisfied with anything 6-3 or over, but if we can go 8-1, it is going to be pretty damn tough for either Sea or Tex to catch us.
Ag_07
AG
Rangers aren't catching anything but some hot deals on preferred tee times at the local country club.

And this is pretty spot on from MLB power rankings

Quote:

5. Astros, 82-62 (7)

Astros fans have vacillated between angst and unbridled joy, depending on if their team was being swept by the Yankees at home, annihilating the Rangers on the road, stretching their home losing streak to six or, most recently, scoring 19 runs over two wins against the Padres at Minute Maid Park. And that was all over the course of 10 days. The Astros' lineup is just now at full strength for the first time all season, so it's not all that surprising that they've won 10 of 14 while averaging double digits in runs over that stretch. The big question is the pitching, and whether a staff with fewer established arms than in years past can carry them through another postseason run.
All I do is Nguyen
I know for a fact I am in the vast minority here but I am also a Cowboys fan (I know the elusive unicorn of Cowboys and Astros fan) but I am also not the stereotypical Cowboys fan that thinks they are going to the Super Bowl every damn year, we've had a good team the last two years but I still don't hold my breathe with them. So please don't mark me ex-communicado, this is my safe space lol
All I do is Nguyen
I am also waiting to see those fancy graphs that Farmer, least I believe it's farmer, posts after every game showing the percentages of us making the playoffs and winning the division. Always makes me smile
Bag
AG
PoppaB05
AG
Bag said:

Only four of them play every day

Seems bad
texasaggie2015
AG
Looks like Baltimore has jumped us as favorites to win the AL in my book. Interesting
Bag
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Looks like Baltimore has jumped us as favorites to win the AL in my book. Interesting
if you want to be the champ you gotta beat the champ, the post season is a whole different beast, I like our chances
BadAggie
AG
Bonnettecj1 said:

Remaining schedule:
3/3 vs Oakland
2/3 @ Kansas City
1/3 vs Baltimore
3/3 vs Kansas City
2/3 @ Seattle
2/3 @ Arizona

@ Anaheim
vs Dodgers
@ Oakland
@ Arlington
vs Astros
vs Arlington

The moment Seattle faced someone other than the As, Royals or Astros in their home funk they started losing games.

In addition to the Dodgers series and the Astros playing on the road they have 7 games against a Rangers team still playing for the playoffs.

Regardless, Astros need to take care of business against the As and Royals. That's more (9) games than half of the magic number (17). No reason Astros should lose any of those games.

LarryElder
Quote:

MASAXET said:

On a lighter note, after a rough Saturday my family went to a carnival and my young daughter wanted me to join her in the bumper rides. I was behind the wheel and spotted a 5 year old kid with an Astros shirt. Needless to say, I made that kid's life hell for 5 minutes. No regrets, definitely took the edge off after a thtough sports week.
This is really pathetic wow. What a chump
RED AG 98
AG
The DeRo segment on 2nd half Bregs is fantastic. Some really great data on just how clutch a few other Astros have been as well.

Fslip01
I grew up in Central Texas so Astros, Cowboys, Spurs fandoms for me. Grew up going to the Dome, whole family were Cowboys fans (and I grew up in 90s when they were winning).

As I am in my 40s now I can say with confidence that the Astros winning has meant more to me than any of them.
Bag
AG
LarryElder said:

Quote:

MASAXET said:

On a lighter note, after a rough Saturday my family went to a carnival and my young daughter wanted me to join her in the bumper rides. I was behind the wheel and spotted a 5 year old kid with an Astros shirt. Needless to say, I made that kid's life hell for 5 minutes. No regrets, definitely took the edge off after a thtough sports week.
This is really pathetic wow. What a chump
sounds about right, take out your frustrations on a 5 year old, I am sure he is being showered with blue stars...
All I do is Nguyen
I am a fan of literally all of those teams. When I started watching football the Oilers had just moved to Tenn so I was stuck with the Cowboys then became enamored with Romo and Witten. I also started watching the spurs when they Drafted Duncan who is my all time fav BBall player.
An L of an Ag
AG
Fslip01 said:

I grew up in Central Texas so Astros, Cowboys, Spurs fandoms for me. Grew up going to the Dome, whole family were Cowboys fans (and I grew up in 90s when they were winning).

As I am in my 40s now I can same with confidence that the Astros winning has meant more to be than any of them.

This is pretty much me as well, but add another 10 years.
spadilly
S
Y'all see this for Saturday's game in KC?
This is great.

texasaggie2015
AG
Astros, Royals to wear Houston Eagles, Kansas City Monarchs Negro League throwback uniforms (msn.com)

Includes a pic of what they'll look like
Wabs
AG
Very cool!
halibut sinclair
Fslip01 said:

As I am in my 40s now I can say with confidence that the Astros winning has meant more to me than any of them.

Yep. Everyone I grew up with in B/CS in the 70s and 80s were Astros and Cowboys fans. I still am.
Wabs
AG
I've been a Cowboys fan my whole life, even though I grew up in Houston. All of my other family live in the Dallas area. But, I will say that the Cowboys championships from almost 30 years ago (and my general support of them) pale in comparison to my love for the Stros and what this run of success means.
West Roxbury
Oilers 100% here and many of my friends in CS back then were the same. I do agree that the Cowboys pretty much control Texas outside of 713/281 but they also have their share in those area codes too. CS and Beaumont had some Oilers fans but I will say this…

The Texans are too sterile. BTW I pull for the Cowboys most of the time in memory of my grandfather who loved them. But mostly watch NFL based on which QBs are playing.
FrioAg 00
AG
We do need to keep winning, even if Seattle/Rangers/Jays don't.

We're 6.5 games ahead of Minn for the first round bye, but their schedule is absolute cupcake down the stretch
Mr.Ackar07
PoppaB05 said:

Bag said:

Only four of them play every day

Seems bad
But they come with a free frogurt!

Seems good
JohnnyTexAg1995
The fact that we had a lineup yesterday that scored 12 runs over 6 innings and 8 in one inning and we just know for a fact we won't get that lineup again today is just sad to me.
Bag
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

We do need to keep winning, even if Seattle/Rangers/Jays don't.

We're 6.5 games ahead of Minn for the first round bye, but their schedule is absolute cupcake down the stretch
  • 3 vs TB
  • 4 @ CHIW
  • 3 @ CIN
  • 3 vs LAA
  • 3 vs OAK
  • 3 @ COL

Doesnt seem much easier than ours tbh
W
AG
it's getting tougher to re-sign Bregman, Altuve, and Tucker as each day passes

Bregman + Altuve + Tucker on the 2026 payroll could equal $100 MM
First Page Last Page
Page 2239 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.