***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,613 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
JDUB08AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think it's more so a group of people sit in a room and game plan lineup, bullpen, match ups, etc. the front office has the final say. I doubt Dana Brown hands Dusty the lineup card card and says do this or else.

I certainly would if I were Dana brown
AustinAg2K
cc10106 said:

So, either Trout asks for a trade now or everyone can write him off as a guy who doesn't care about winning. Anyone that chooses to stay with the Angels now doesn't care about winning.
HarryRocket
Is it normal for a guy who hits a home run every 15 at bats to hit 9 hole?
Prosperdick
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I don't even care about the order. There are no holes in that lineup so it doesn't matter anyways
Exactly...the biggest reason we complained about the order construction was there were way too many "breathers" for the opposing pitcher. This lineup has ZERO easy outs, especially with Pena getting hot.

It is relentless...finally! Now watch us get shut out.
Farmer1906
AG
We know Pena & Abreu should be 8-9 right? 2 hole Pena is still so so silly.

This is probably the best way to optimize.
Altuve
Alvarez
Bregman
Tucker
McCormick
Brantley
Diaz
Abreu
Pena

I'm not mad at it tho. It may have taken until game 144 to get there but we finally got it.
Farmer1906
AG

astroboy
AG
Honestly, it's because the Astros are trying their hardest to win another World Series, while I have no idea what the Texas A&M football team has been trying to accomplish for the last few years.

Texas A&M football is literally the Dallas Cowboys now. It's not about winning, it's just about making money.

aggie813
I'd love to see that lineup
Farmer1906
AG
I don't see it that way at all. A&M has done just about everything right when it comes to trying to win. We hired a coach no one expected to even be available. We built the best stadium. We have the most fans. Any and every facility is there. NIL is stocked up. It's more like we're the 2023 Mets. Spend all the money, buy the best players, yet it fails miserably.
tjack16
AG
My dream lineup

1. Altuve
2. Tucker
3. Bregman
4. Alvarez
5. McCormick
6. Brantley
7. Diaz
8. Abreu
9. Pena
Prosperdick
AG
astroboy said:

Honestly, it's because the Astros are trying their hardest to win another World Series, while I have no idea what the Texas A&M football team has been trying to accomplish for the last few years.

Texas A&M football is literally the Dallas Cowboys now. It's not about winning, it's just about making money.
cone
AG
tjack16 said:

cone said:

it's silly but true

last night as i was following the ags score on my phone my reaction was well that's a bummer i guess

when the stros got swept by the mariners a few weeks ago i woke up in the middle of the night stewing on it

there's no way i could explain that to 20 year old me

How we feel from 2017-now must be how Bama fans or Georgia fans feel about their football team.

It's awesome but also stressful
the only difference is that we all know down deep that the party will end. it's not a matter of if but when. and how long it takes to retrench.

two world series wins and you cannot be mad at the long strange trip. i can't imagine another sporting moment in my life more grindingly stressful than 2022 Game 5.

football fans are completely bonkers about dynasty longevity. i've come to think that baseball is just a harder sport. not tougher, but certainly harder.
Big Al 1992
AG
First time all season everyone in our lineup is batting over .235!!
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Our friends in Tampa are taking care of business today!
cap-n-jack
I've never noticed that We the People tattoo before. At least that's what I think it reads.
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
No Machado or Tatis for the Friars today...against our lineup of death? We are losing 2-1 today, aren't we?
Beau Holder
AG
Big lead for the Rays over Seattle
astroboy
AG
That's a good comparison, but what did the Mets do when they figured out it wasn't working? Blew it up and started all over again. Are we going to do with that Jimbo? Because he isn't the answer and it isn't working.
Farmer1906
AG
Guess we will have to see. We can't exactly trade Ainias Smith for a 5 star in 2 years.
redline248
AG
cap-n-jack said:

I've never noticed that We the People tattoo before. At least that's what I think it reads.
I also see a Molon Labe tatoo
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
here we go...another day, another starter who cannot find the strike zone
jetch17
AG
France, jeez
R-Dog
AG
Geez dude...throw strikes
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't see it that way at all. A&M has done just about everything right when it comes to trying to win. We hired a coach no one expected to even be available. We built the best stadium. We have the most fans. Any and every facility is there. NIL is stocked up. It's more like we're the 2023 Mets. Spend all the money, buy the best players, yet it fails miserably.
If we're gonna do this here...

Last year was the "failed miserably." We'll see about this year, although the defense is not inspiring confidence).
AgSportsFan89
AG
Woof. Not even close
HarryRocket
astroboy said:

Tshirt ag fan since 1992 when my little league coach took me to Kyle field.

They care about winning but yes, money is top priority. It's not just A&M, that's college football. But what made A&M special was being special and sadly, they're not that anymore. Just another college program.
tremble
AG
Stop allowing the players to sleep at home. **** this bull****, wtf is going on at home.
Oyster DuPree
AG
redline248 said:

cap-n-jack said:

I also see a Molon Labe tatoo

I have the entire constitution tattooed on my back. They ran out of room after the 15th Amendment. You don't want to see where they put the other 12
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
WHEW...dodged a bullet there. Who can eat some innings for us today? Kuhnel?
Bigballin
AG
Phew
f1ghtintexasaggie
Bulldog
cap-n-jack
Houdini
mwm
That was kinda "Neris-like".
redline248
AG
Way to go, France
tremble
AG
Wow, ballsy pitch
First Page Last Page
Page 2227 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.