***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,292 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Uncle Mike is just a professional hitter. It's really unbelievable. It's absolutely possible (maybe even likely) he plays a big role the rest of the way and into the postseason. I never imagined I would type that sentence after everything I was told this year. If he can help this team win another pennant, the signing was 100% worth it IMO.

Diaz starting behind the plate and Yordan starting in left, Chaz in Center allows Uncle Mike a 1 year deal to just DH.

Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Red Five said:

BadAggie said:

Lol they're on to Pitchcom hacking on the other thread
DallasAg 94 has it all figured out:

Quote:

FWIU, according to MLB only Cs are allowed to wear the transmitter. You are allowed 3 players... specifically the 2B, SS, and CF usually, to wear receivers.

Series Stats:
2B Altuve 7-15, 5 HR <- Allowed a receiver
C Diaz: 1-5, 1 HR <- Allowed a receiver
C Maldonado: 3-9, 2 HR <- Allowed a receiver
CF Dubon: 5-15, 2 HR <- Allowed a receiver
10 HRs by 4 guys MLB allows to wear a receiver

SS Pena: 7-18, 0HR <- Allowed a receiver

3B Bregman: 7-14, 1R, 2RBI, 0HR
RF Tucker: 3-9, 0HR
1B Abreu: 4-13, 2HR
LF McCormick: 5-9, 1HR
LF Brantley: 2-3, 1 HR
DH Alvarez: 4-9, 2HR
6 HRs by 5 positions not allowed

HR Leaders:
26 Tucker, 137G
25 Alvarez, 93G
22 Bregman, 140G
20 McCormick, 95G
14 Abreu, 121G
107 HRs on the season by guys contributing 6HRs

21 Diaz, 92G
15 Altuve, 69G - 30% of his HRs were in 2G this week
13 Maldonado, 102G - .189 Hitter with 11HRs coming into the series went .333 and 2 HRs?
10 Pena, 129G
9 Dubon, 115G - 2 of his 9 HRs were in this series
68 HRs on the season by guys contributing 10HRs.

Just some head scratching, that Altuve, Maldonado, and Dubon come into the series with 28 combined HRs and in 3 games they hit 9 HRs?!

This coming from the guy who said Odor is better than Altuve because of games played. Big brains over there.

Also, I'm going to pull a Porkchop and say we need to go to that thread and star the hell out of that post!
BadAggie
AG
In
TAMUworkingAG
I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
texasaggie2015
AG
I don't think I would consider Stanek one of our best relievers by any stretch of the imagination
bullard21k
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all

Stanek isn't even remotely one our best relievers

Farmer1906
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

Are we looking at the same schedule?

The have the Dodgers, Rays, us, and 7 vs the Rangers. That's 5 series vs teams ranked 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 10th in winning%.

The only easy series are Angels & As.
agproducer
AG
Hulla Baller
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

I smell a Rangers fan...
Harry Stone
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

They also have only 2 off days for the remainder of the season whereas we have 4. After today the Rangers only have 1...sucks for them. God DOES hate them.
The Beef01
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?
BadAggie
AG
Stanek this year has been terrible.

Stanek of last year had a 1.15 ERA in 54.2 innings with 62 Ks and WHIP of 1.23

The Beef01
AG
Hulla Baller said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I smell a Rangers fan...
I tend to agree, but who sits around and says "instead of pulling the baseballs out of my franchise's rectum that were lovingly shoved there this week...I think I'll go make a post that is ill-informed and just sounds stupid on the Astros' thread; that'll show 'em!"
Farmer1906
AG
Padres Claim Glenn Otto

Just in time so we can hit bombs off another Rangers arm.
Farmer1906
AG
The Beef01 said:

Hulla Baller said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I smell a Rangers fan...
I tend to agree, but who sits around and says "instead of pulling the baseballs out of my franchise's rectum that were lovingly shoved there this week...I think I'll go make a post that is ill-informed and just sounds stupid on the Astros' thread; that'll show 'em!"
Nah more like just a casual fan (nothing wrong with that) who is just looking dark side of things. No biggie.
HarryRocket
Playing 6 games against the Rangers is a pretty big advantage at this point. Not just because of the beating in Arlington this week but they've kinda sucked for a while now. They're done.
texasaggie2015
AG
One of the scariest teams to play is a desperate team. I wouldn't count them out. Look at what we did after getting swept at home by the Yankees.
BadAggie
AG
Yes, Chas is playing at the level of a Julio Rodriguez
or a Kyle Tucker this season and Dusty is sitting him a third of the time.

Below is comp with Tucker through last Sat/Sun assuming same # of ABs this season.

Farmer1906
AG
HarryRocket said:

Playing 6 games against the Rangers is a pretty big advantage at this point. Not just because of the beating in Arlington this week but they've kinda sucked for a while now. They're done.
They're fighting for their life and control their own destiny. I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle is the odd team out of the postseason. There is a lot of baseball left.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

One of the scariest teams to play is a desperate team. I wouldn't count them out. Look at what we did after getting swept at home by the Yankees.
Stop having similar takes as me & posting them right before me. This is the 2nd or 3rd time today.
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Padres feel like a bad matchup at this point in the season, a talented team out of the playoff chase, free from that pressure and just playing for money (ie whatever contract bonuses they have).

texasaggie2015
AG
Or you can simply stop stealing my takes
texasaggie2015
AG
Game one in that series is huge IMO. It would obviously be big to beat them with their ace on the mound- but it would give us a lot of momentum for the homestand and could give us confidence to help shake the "can't win at home" monkey off our back.
Proudag06
AG
The only flaw in an otherwise open and shut case, is that pitchcom doesn't exactly sit in the folds of batting helmets the way it does hats. And, if they did indeed take it out of their hats, there is not reason to assume they would keep it for themselves and not share it with the others. So the whole "these players are allowed to have it" is really a pointless dichotomy, since they are only allowed to have it when they are in the field.

Also, does pitcom have a call for "hanging" slider, or "dick high fastball in the exact same spot Altuve hit the last two out"? Just wondering how specific our code-breaking was. I'm thinking maybe we should be called the Houston Windtalkers (although that may not be allowed anymore, right Cleveland?)

texasaggie2015
AG
Also.. how many times do you see guy's helmets fly off while running the bases? Or when trying to avoid a 95mph fastball up and in?

It would be pretty dumb to try that.
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Game one in that series is huge IMO. It would obviously be big to beat them with their ace on the mound- but it would give us a lot of momentum for the homestand and could give us confidence to help shake the "can't win at home" monkey off our back.

Wish the As series came first then SD

But can't change the schedule. Maybe they can fix the batters eye though that thing is pretty big
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Also.. how many times do you see guy's helmets fly off while running the bases? Or when trying to avoid a 95mph fastball up and in?

It would be pretty dumb to try that.
Well it can't be that we're good or that the Rangers pitching sucked so there has to be another reason dammit!!! Those poor demented dip****s.
BadAggie
AG
Lol now from buzzers to earpieces or whatever.

Anyways, let's pray for continued health
Mr.Ackar07
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/jay-jaffe-fangraphs-chat-9-5-23/

Quote:

v2micca: Speculation is that Ohtani wants to stay on the West Coast, but he also wants to play for a contender. If we accept this as fact, how much has Seattle increased their odds to land him with their recent play?

Jay Jaffe: I think they have a reasonable shot at signing him and that the West Coast factor is very real. Certainly doesn't hurt their cause that they're gunning for a playoff spot again.
BadAggie
AG
Re Chas remember earlier this season the rumor that Yankees had interest?

Obviously glad nothing happened and that wouldve been sickening

Still don't get it, Chas follows up how he finished 2021 by playing better, batting stats are at a high level, and he's having to fight for playing time with Corey Julks and Jake Meyers.

Chas is under control through 2026.
Beat40
BadAggie said:

Re Chas remember earlier this season the rumor that Yankees had interest?

Obviously glad nothing happened and that wouldve been sickening

Still don't get it, Chas follows up how he finished 2021 by playing better, batting stats are at a high level, and he's having to fight for playing time with Corey Julks and Jake Meyers.

Chas is under control through 2026.
I'm not all that worried about it, mainly because with a new manager, Chas will get a lot of playing time next year.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
is the joke that Chaz looks a lot like Big Boy

**** Dusty
gambochaman
AG
Txag15 thanks for your insight

I tend to agree that we can solve our bullpen question next year by looking internally rather than overpaying a free agent
texasaggie2015
AG
gambochaman said:

Txag15 thanks for your insight
Happy to share.
W
AG
it all goes back to opening night --- it was noticeably strange that Chas was not in the starting lineup
First Page Last Page
Page 2191 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.