***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,508,023 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Boiling Denim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MLB Central show this morning said Abreu admitted he doesn't see the ball well at MMP. That the ball gets lost in the Budweiser party deck. I wonder how may others are having this issue; Tucker and Yordan too? Is it the taller guys maybe…
All I do is Nguyen
gambochaman said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Dies Irae said:

Is Chas fat or something? I never knew this was a thing.
So now we have Obese Framber AND Chunky Chas???

I love it

Wait til they find out about maldy
Massive Maldy

Pretty soon people will start calling us the Fat-stros
The Beef01
AG
I think I found the perfect gif which encapsulates the Astros vs. Rangers of 2023.

The Porkchop Express
AG
Men can only tell if women are fat (over 105 pounds). We're blind about other men.

Here's a picture of Chas from right before the World Series looking pretty lean.

Here he is last month.

texasaggie2015
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I'm with you. I'm waiting for the end of the season to dance on their grave. I've seen a lot of tweets that make me cringe because this season is still far from over. Take care of business and then we can have some fun.

I mean, we didn't just beat them, though. We ripped out their souls and fed it to them in historic fashion.

When your team makes history with a beat down, that just happens to be on the home field of your in state rival and is literally the moment you regain sole possession of first for the first time all season, it's gonna be celebrated. Loudly. As it should.

That being said, obviously the guys need to keep that momentum going. Anything can happen in 20 games with division and WC hunt this tight.
This is more of what I'm talking about:

I mean, come on dude... there's still 20+ games left. I cringed when I saw this.
irish pete ag06
AG
NO DARSH!
irish pete ag06
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I'm with you. I'm waiting for the end of the season to dance on their grave. I've seen a lot of tweets that make me cringe because this season is still far from over. Take care of business and then we can have some fun.

I mean, we didn't just beat them, though. We ripped out their souls and fed it to them in historic fashion.

When your team makes history with a beat down, that just happens to be on the home field of your in state rival and is literally the moment you regain sole possession of first for the first time all season, it's gonna be celebrated. Loudly. As it should.

That being said, obviously the guys need to keep that momentum going. Anything can happen in 20 games with division and WC hunt this tight.

I mean, come on dude... there's still 20+ games left. I cringed when I saw this.

Idiotic tweet. I guess any engagement is good if your an "influencer"
AstroAggie15
AG
Can't remember if I posted this last night or not. But spotted at a sports bar in NOLA. Owner is a Red Sox guy
The Porkchop Express
AG
Boiling Denim said:

MLB Central show this morning said Abreu admitted he doesn't see the ball well at MMP. That the ball gets lost in the Budweiser party deck. I wonder how may others are having this issue; Tucker and Yordan too? Is it the taller guys maybe…
Nice of Abreu to mention this 140 games into the season.
jkag89
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah it's really weird. After the deadline I was having a normal conversation with a couple of them about the deadline moves. Completely normal back and forth with no smack talk. My posts got deleted and I got warned not to post there again.
It is sad that you can't even have a normal baseball conversation between the fan bases over there anymore. I guess next year we'll need four threads; one each for both teams, a Trash Talking Thread and one in which both fan bases can discuss baseball with each other without fear of being banned for simple baseball talk.
texasaggie2015
AG
He and Ben DuBose are just awful. Really hate that they have such a big platform in the Astros twitter world.
The Porkchop Express
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Idiotic tweet. I guess any engagement is good if your an "influencer"
I like this one better.

Wabs
AG
There's a ALOT of season left. We gotta keep winning.....
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

He and Ben DuBose are just awful. Really hate that they have such a big platform in the Astros twitter world.
I heard through the grapevine that when McTaggart had a night off last week and found out they were using DuBose to sub for him, he hit the damn roof.
The Beef01
AG
Wabs said:

There's a ALOT of season left. We gotta keep winning.....

Agreed…I'm sure I'm not alone with regard to being irrationally terrified of the upcoming home series with the Padres and Royals.
texasaggie2015
AG
Did he really sub for him? Wow. I'm surprised he's able to get credentials based on some of the things he tweets. They do vet your social media.
Bag
AG
So, we gave up our two best prospects get bring JV back, what did the Rangers give up to bring in Sherzer?
Farmer1906
AG
Bag said:

So, we gave up our two best prospects get bring JV back, what did the Rangers give up to bring in Sherzer?

Acuna Jr's little bro. He was more highly rated than either of ours.

Gilbert has been outplaying Acuna by a lot in AA since being traded. Clifford has struggled in High A.
Beat40
texasaggie2015 said:

Could not agree more. Schwab is so freaking cringe inducing.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Did he really sub for him? Wow. I'm surprised he's able to get credentials based on some of the things he tweets. They do vet your social media.
It was on a night when I was out with friends and not online so I'm not 100% sure, but it was from a good source.
gigemJTH12
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Schwab, Dubose, Chandler, Bonda...all f'n SUCK.

all of them make McTaggert super likable.
BadAggie
AG
https://theathletic.com/4840482/2023/09/07/chas-mccormick-dusty-baker-playing-time/?source=freedailyemail&campaign=601983

"It's easy if you got a Julio Rodrguez, you just put him out in center field," Baker told reporters.

Baker does not boast anyone with Rodrguez's generational talent, but does have someone authoring a similar offensive season. Chas McCormick entered Wednesday with an OPS 50 points higher than Seattle's superstar center fielder, though in 38 fewer games. McCormick has a higher batting average, on-base percentage and slugging percentage, and defensive metrics even put the two in the same general range.

Yet nothing about McCormick's playing time this season suggests any of that. Six Astros have taken more plate appearances than him. Seven have appeared in more games. His sporadic playing time is a constant source of frustration for some within the organization, who spoke on background because they were not authorized to speak publicly."
Charlie Conway
The Porkchop Express said:

Boiling Denim said:

Nice of Abreu to mention this 140 games into the season.
Mike Trout is another that has said he doesn't see the ball well at MMP,
gigemJTH12
AG
dude...**** Dusty.

he is lucky he got a ring in spite of his dumbass.
AgLA06
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah- this checks out and aligns with what I've heard. I believe I posted a few months ago that Dusty wasn't a fan of the way Chas goes about things. This is a part of it.
Guys who didn't have all the talent in the world and had to work their ass off to compete despise guys that can just show up and show out. I know I did.

What matters is they show up on time, aren't a cancer in the locker room and show out when needed. That's it. That's what you're paying them to do.

You aren't paying them to work out X amount or get there so many hours early. Yah, it be great, but you'd also have to pay them a lot more if they did.

So shut up Dusty, stop projecting, and play the best damn players on the team that give us the best chance to win.
redline248
AG
Chas has to be incredibly frustrated. My fear is that as the spotlight is shined on this more and more Dusty digs in even harder.

Astros can't get rid of that old man fast enough.
Satellite of Love
gigemJTH12 said:

dude...**** Dusty.

I'm coming around to he isn't the great mind everyone thinks he has and the only reason he has a ring is because last year's team overcame his average managing.
HTownAg98
AgLA06
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Taller you are, the lower the angle of the sight line to the ball coming out of the pitcher's hand. In theory, the shorter guys (Altuve & Bregman) would have a higher sight line (looking more up) and would have the problem. And other than lefty pitchers, it doesn't really make sense from the angles.

Interesting conversation though. Seems like sun glare through the glass or the beige wall below the tracks would be a bigger problem.

gigemJTH12
AG
Satellite of Love said:

gigemJTH12 said:

dude...**** Dusty.

I'm coming around to he isn't the great mind everyone thinks he has and the only reason he has a ring is because last year's team overcame his average managing.
who thinks this?
redline248
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Satellite of Love said:

gigemJTH12 said:

dude...**** Dusty.

who thinks this?
Anyone who says something like "he knows more about baseball than you" or "he's forgotten more about baseball than you know," or whatever other dumb thing people say when coaches are criticized
Bag
AG
I wish all the F* Dusty stuff would settle down, it is toxic, say your piece and let it go, it is really hard to argue with the way this offense is playing right now, Dubon and Maldi included
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3482576/justin-verlander-and-max-scherzer-faced-off-for-the-first-time-last-night-and-it-was-an-absolute-dud

RED AG 98
AG
Dud? Seemed pretty explosive to me.
Mr.Ackar07
AgLA06 said:

Boiling Denim said:

Taller you are, the lower the angle of the sight line to the ball coming out of the pitcher's hand. In theory, the shorter guys (Altuve & Bregman) would have a higher sight line (looking more up) and would have the problem. And other than lefty pitchers, it doesn't really make sense from the angles.

Interesting conversation though. Seems like sun glare through the glass or the beige wall below the tracks would be a bigger problem.

Those sight lines are now slightly different though with the staircase/greenery that has been added.
First Page Last Page
Page 2187 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.