***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,921 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

FrioAg 00
AG
That 9 are the lineup of death, and honestly the order starts to matter a whole lot less - because there are no weak spots
Dies Irae
Poverty baseball franchise. Sweet Lord did he have to go so hard
Dies Irae
SECcess12 said:

This guy knew long ago what was up

You might not like it but this guy would have been a shield wall breaking berserker 1500 years ago.

Absolute pinnacle of late middle age compound lift/hoppy beverage supersetting. Guarantee you that dude can bang out sets of 225 on the bench until you get tired spotting him, and then drink you under the table.
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906
AG
Since the trade deadline, we lead in:
Runs - 214
K% - 17.9%
BA - .294
OBP - .371
wRC+ - 141
Off WAR - 66.5
Mr.Bond
AG
The menstruating is in heavy flow mode over on the 3rd place teams thread. You know the franchise with ZERO WS Championships
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

JDUB08AG
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Runs - 214
K% - 17.9%
BA - .294
OBP - .371
wRC+ - 141
Off WAR - 66.5

Must have been all those awesome bats we picked up
Poot
Arlington is BIG sad over on their thread…
CoachAg19
AG
AggieDub25 said:

Altuve is on completely different planet playing slow pitch softball compared to everyone else in the league. Dude is absolutely incredible. He's the generational talent that the media will look back and realize they missed out on.
Agree with you 100%. I love Biggio and Bagwell as much as any Astros fan out there. Those two guys are the reason I love the game of baseball itself.
However, Altuve is going to go down as the greatest Astro in history...and it won't even be close.

Let the media continue to downplay his incredible accomplishments. They aren't going to change their narrative surrounding him or our team. Just keep winning!
tremble
AG
Chandler with an article in The Athletic on FO frustrations with the lack of playing time for Chaz.

"This week, four people with knowledge of the team's inner workings said that McCormick's weight has become a talking point for Baker."
gigemJTH12
AG
Poot said:

Arlington is BIG sad over on their thread…
just went over there. so pathetic.

grown ass men
Farmer1906
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Farmer1906 said:

Runs - 214
K% - 17.9%
BA - .294
OBP - .371
wRC+ - 141
Off WAR - 66.5

Must have been all those awesome bats we picked up
Exactly! Wait....

1. Altuve - 188 wRC+
2. Bregamn - 176
3. Alvarez - 161
4. Brantley - 155 (only 20 PA)
5. Diaz - 153 (play me, Dusty)
6. McCormick - 151 (play me, Dusty part2)
7. Dubon - 145
8. Tucker - 136
9. Pena - 133
10. Maldonado - 123 (everyone is hitting!)
11. Singleton - 97
12. Abreu - 89
13. Meyers - 57
14. Julks - 42 (16 PA)
15. Kessinger - 29 (10 PA)
Prosperdick
AG
tremble said:

Chandler with an article in The Athletic on FO frustrations with the lack of playing time for Chaz.

"This week, four people with knowledge of the team's inner workings said that McCormick's weight has become a talking point for Baker."
Stress eating due to being benched for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Farmer1906
AG
PhatMack19
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I thought Framber was the fat one?
SECcess12
Dies Irae said:

SECcess12 said:

This guy knew long ago what was up

You might not like it but this guy would have been a shield wall breaking berserker 1500 years ago.

Absolute pinnacle of late middle age compound lift/hoppy beverage supersetting. Guarantee you that dude can bang out sets of 225 on the bench until you get tired spotting him, and then drink you under the table.
An absolute unit. It took 6+ guys to stop his hate for the rangers.
Farmer1906
AG

I think Dusty forgot this is year 3 for Chas.
texasaggie2015
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yeah- this checks out and aligns with what I've heard. I believe I posted a few months ago that Dusty wasn't a fan of the way Chas goes about things. This is a part of it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beau Holder said:

Padres may be slightly short-handed for this series.

Choi just fractured his ankle
Gary Sanchez got hit on the wrist by a pitch and broke it
Darvish is shut down
Musgrove is out
Cronenworth is on the IL also with a fractured wrist
Gary Sanchez not playing hurts the Astros more than Gary Sanchez playing. I could steal 3B on him.
All I do is Nguyen
Call me old fashioned, or maybe its the old football coach in me, but I'm over the strangers now. I'm moving onto the Padres, and more importantly the Mariners. I love some good schadenfreude as much as the next fan, but the baseball gods are fickle beings, and may exact retribution should be we get TOO cocky.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm with you. I'm waiting for the end of the season to dance on their grave. I've seen a lot of tweets that make me cringe because this season is still far from over. Take care of business and then we can have some fun.
gambochaman
AG
Bag said:

As much as I wanted the Astros to sweep the rangers this was a seriously disappointing 3 days. I would have loved for them to at least put up a fight

Stahp

This was beyond our wildest dreams….we (the team, the fans, everyone) needed this total and complete destruction

The best part is every single player contributed in some form
All I do is Nguyen
Yall the amount of temp bans being handed out on the Rangers thread is ridiculous. I guess staph has to protect the fragile egos of the other baseball team in Texas.
Dies Irae
Is Chas fat or something? I never knew this was a thing.
Farmer1906
AG
Losers talk about other teams' fanbases. Winners talk about their winning team.
All I do is Nguyen
Dies Irae said:

So now we have Obese Framber AND Chunky Chas???

I love it
gambochaman
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Dies Irae said:

So now we have Obese Framber AND Chunky Chas???

I love it

Wait til they find out about maldy
Farmer1906
AG
Dies Irae said:

Quote:

"I feel stronger. I like being this heavy," McCormick said. "I guess if I was a little lighter it'd be easier, but easier to move a little better. I feel stronger. I feel healthier. I feel I can do more being at 220 (lbs). Usually I'm at 216. When I'm 210, I'm too light. I was 214 last year, I think, and I felt too light again. I kind of like being where I'm at right now, at 220."

McCormick said most of his weight gain arrived after his stint on the injured list. He is slashing .292/.372/.526 in 331 plate appearances since being activated on May 8. McCormick is covering 28.1 feet per second when he sprints, down slightly from the 28.6 clip he boasted last season.

"Usually, I vary. I've been 218. I'm at 220 right now," McCormick said. "Usually I'll lose a lot of weight in the season, but I'm kind of happy I haven't lost a lot of weight … This year I'm pretty happier about being heavier at the end of the year. I just feel healthier. I feel I can do more. I feel like I won't get hurt as easy."
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah it's really weird. After the deadline I was having a normal conversation with a couple of them about the deadline moves. Completely normal back and forth with no smack talk. My posts got deleted and I got warned not to post there again.
Silent For Too Long
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm with you. I'm waiting for the end of the season to dance on their grave. I've seen a lot of tweets that make me cringe because this season is still far from over. Take care of business and then we can have some fun.

I mean, we didn't just beat them, though. We ripped out their souls and fed it to them in historic fashion.

When your team makes history with a beat down, that just happens to be on the home field of your in state rival and is literally the moment you regain sole possession of first for the first time all season, it's gonna be celebrated. Loudly. As it should.

That being said, obviously the guys need to keep that momentum going. Anything can happen in 20 games with division and WC hunt this tight.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
yeah that was a pillaging but as we saw with the Yanks we are capable of disaster and if the Yanks get hot they could sneak into the playoffs and I don't want to see them again after last weekend
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906 said:

Losers talk about other teams' fanbases. Winners talk about their winning team.
bdgol07
AG
We live in Huntsville and have craptastic Suddenlink/Optimum and it was glorious listening to the Rangers broadcast on Bally Sports just be beside themselves each game as we torched the South Oklahoma Rangers.
JYDog90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Dies Irae said:

Quote:

"I feel stronger. I like being this heavy," McCormick said. "I guess if I was a little lighter it'd be easier, but easier to move a little better. I feel stronger. I feel healthier. I feel I can do more being at 220 (lbs). Usually I'm at 216. When I'm 210, I'm too light. I was 214 last year, I think, and I felt too light again. I kind of like being where I'm at right now, at 220."

McCormick said most of his weight gain arrived after his stint on the injured list. He is slashing .292/.372/.526 in 331 plate appearances since being activated on May 8. McCormick is covering 28.1 feet per second when he sprints, down slightly from the 28.6 clip he boasted last season.

"Usually, I vary. I've been 218. I'm at 220 right now," McCormick said. "Usually I'll lose a lot of weight in the season, but I'm kind of happy I haven't lost a lot of weight … This year I'm pretty happier about being heavier at the end of the year. I just feel healthier. I feel I can do more. I feel like I won't get hurt as easy."

Can I use these lines myself?
First Page Last Page
Page 2186 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.