***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,950 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Hulla Baller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a good game for Dreck but still got the W.
gigemJTH12
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Salisbury this morning was discussing our win record at home.

Many on here have stated we have no right to have won 10 or more additional games due to better lineups and keeping guys rolling.

Other division leaders are roughly 40-20 at home this year, were .500, I truly believe this team is we fixed home games and played our best players we could have at least 10 more wins
zero doubt in my mind that if Machete didn't exist we would have 8-10 more wins this year.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've asked around about the Astros struggles at home and if there was any rhyme or reason to it. One response I got was it's just a mental thing. I think I agree with that. If true, they need to shake it off soon or it's going to be a major problem.

The other suggested that our lineup tends to get pull happy with the Crawford Boxes in left field. I also think there's truth to that. It seems guys like Bregman have much fewer doubles to right-center at home for example. I'm just thinking off the top of my head though.

My conclusion is that it's a mix of both.
Mr.Bond
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

54% on Diaz. ****in disgusting and beyond a fireable offense
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Prosperdick
AG
I think Donkey's bitterness with Chas, and to a certain extent Diaz, all goes back to the Straw trade. Donkey sang his praises and played him more than he should. I'm sure Click begged him to play Meyers (and Chas) more but he said FU.

Click goes Moneyball and trades Straw which incredibly yields Maton and Diaz (talk about a fleecing) so now Donkey is REALLY mad (Moneyball - you're killing this team, Click). Ironically we go on a run the same way the A's did except instead of 20 games in a row we win the whole f***ing thing.

As a result, Donkey automatically has animosity towards Diaz (not as much Maton since he's a pitcher) since he represents the trade that got rid of his favorite centerfielder. Plus Maldy "looks" like an old school catcher the same way Straw "looks" like a centerfielder.

Donkey HATES being wrong and now that he has a ring it's emboldened him to triple down on his old school bull****. Bottom line, he ain't changing so the front office better take control of the lineup card now or it will be more of the same.

I'm very curious to see the lineup card today and tomorrow.
Deluxe
AG
Part of me would be surprised if Dusty knew that Diaz was part of the Straw deal
tjack16
AG

Imagine somebody telling you this in April
West Roxbury
Section 10 Row 9 baby!!!! Let's go!!!
gambochaman
AG
I am preparing myself to be hugely disappointed by today's lineup
AustinCountyAg
said it weeks ago and caught crap saying Dusty was doing this out of spite, and now it looks as if many may be coming around to that notion. Dusty is a great people person as evident by so many former players who have nothing but praise for him. HOWEVER, it's evident with his old age like and like many older people with power they think there way is the only way and that they know more than the younger people.

If Dusty was smart he'd sit Maldy and play Chaz and Diaz every game and and hopefully win another WS ring and ride off into the sunset winning back to back. Instead he's overstepping his knowledge and trying to overmanage which may end up hurting this team and drastically reduce the chance of winning another one. Effectively he may end up doing what he's done his entire career managing and will completely **** up a great situation because he thinks he know's more than everyone else.
tjack16
AG
gambochaman said:

For some reasons it doesn't seem to matter much what lineup is out there when it's a road game. See Jake Meyers/Maldonado in the bronx and Dubon yesterday
Farmer1906
AG
gambochaman said:

It's Framber and we're facing a RHP. That means Dusty cares most about infield defense and lefties. I think we'll see Brantley in LF and Yordan DH. Diaz will ride the pine. Likely Chas in CF.
Wabs
AG
My prediction:

1. Altuve 2B
2. Pena SS
3. Yordan DH
4. Bregman 3B
5. Tuck RF
6. Abreu 1B
7. Brantley LF
8. Dubon CF
9. Maldy C
Farmer1906
AG
wRC+ by Positions (min 300 PA)

Catcher
1. Murphy - 141
2. Smith - 126
3. Diaz - 125

First Base
1. Freeman - 166
2. Diaz - 154
3. Olson - 150
38. Abreu - 76 (dead last)

Second Base
1. Altuve - 158
2. Edouard Julien - 154
3. Arr

Third Base
1. Paredes - 136
2. Bregman - 129
3. Devers - 122

Short Stop
1. Seager - 182
2. Crawford - 135
3. Bichette - 129
17. Pena - 97

Outfield (too much overlap to split it up)
1. Betts - 175
2. Judge - 170
3. Acuna - 167
4. Alvarez - 162
5. Soto - 147
6. Bellinger - 142
7. McCormick - 142
8. Tucker - 138
9. Carroll - 138
10. Kerry Carpenter - 137

We can go 1-7 with guys who are top 3 at their position. How sick is that? Yet it pretty much never happens.
Mr.Bond
AG
Let's play hypothetical here...... If Diaz starts over 90% of the games he's on pace for 40+ Homers and 100+ RBIs as a ****in CATCHER
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

BadAggie
AG
Wabs said:

My prediction:

1. Altuve 2B
2. Pena SS
3. Yordan DH
4. Bregman 3B
5. Tuck RF
6. Abreu 1B
7. Brantley LF
8. Dubon CF
9. Maldy C

Feels likely.
BadAggie
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Let's play hypothetical here...... If Diaz starts over 90% of the games he's on pace for 40+ Homers and 100+ RBIs as a ****in CATCHER

If Chas played everyday he'd have #s similar to Tucker.

So yes I think Dusty has cost this team ten wins on the season.
Beau Holder
AG

Ciboag96
If Chas and Diaz are riding the pine, I'm going to throw my ****ing monitor down the hall
txags92
AG
BadAggie said:

Wabs said:

My prediction:

1. Altuve 2B
2. Pena SS
3. Yordan DH
4. Bregman 3B
5. Tuck RF
6. Abreu 1B
7. Brantley LF
8. Dubon CF
9. Maldy C

Feels likely.
Just feels so surreal to think that we have two guys hitting with 840+ OPS routinely riding the bench nearly 50% of the time behind guys whose OPSs are 150-200 points below them while we are in the heart of a dogfight to win the ALWest. If Diaz and Chas were defensive liabilities or were dramatically worse than Dubon and Maldanado in some way, I could see it, but they aren't. Just blows my mind that our front office is just letting it happen.
Wabs
AG
Ciboag96 said:

If Chas and Diaz are riding the pine, I'm going to throw my ****ing monitor down the hall
May want to go ahead and disconnect everything.
Beau Holder
AG
Dusty has proven to be a mopey loser many times over, so I can imagine the FO has to handle him with kid gloves to prevent any bad PR from a schism with their "World Series winning" manager.
AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Catcher
1. Murphy - 141
2. Smith - 126
3. Diaz - 125

First Base
1. Freeman - 166
2. Diaz - 154
3. Olson - 150

Dumb question. Is this our Diaz?
BCEDAg
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

said it weeks ago and caught crap saying Dusty was doing this out of spite, and now it looks as if many may be coming around to that notion. Dusty is a great people person as evident by so many former players who have nothing but praise for him. HOWEVER, it's evident with his old age like and like many older people with power they think there way is the only way and that they know more than the younger people.

If Dusty was smart he'd sit Maldy and play Chaz and Diaz every game and and hopefully win another WS ring and ride off into the sunset winning back to back. Instead he's overstepping his knowledge and trying to overmanage which may end up hurting this team and drastically reduce the chance of winning another one. Effectively he may end up doing what he's done his entire career managing and will completely **** up a great situation because he thinks he know's more than everyone else.

You're overstating the obvious.
Farmer1906
AG
AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Catcher
1. Murphy - 141
2. Smith - 126
3. Diaz - 125

First Base
1. Freeman - 166
2. Diaz - 154
3. Olson - 150

Dumb question. Is this our Diaz?

It is Y Diaz but it's Yandy for the Rays.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I can get with that he liked having Straws speed and he plays CF, but he didn't "look like" a CF

Straw is 5'8" 175, when you think of "the dude" and your center fielder is usually a dude you think of someone more like Jake (and that's why he has gotten the PT he has).

A prototype CF is 6'2" 200-215 long and lean with a long legged gate that makes him cover ground effortlessly and is fast when your eyes can't see it. This isn't Straw and it also isn't Chaz which adds to the reasoning for Dusty I believe.
Prosperdick
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I can get with that he liked having Straws speed and he plays CF, but he didn't "look like" a CF

Straw is 5'8" 175, when you think of "the dude" and your center fielder is usually a dude you think of someone more like Jake (and that's why he has gotten the PT he has).

A prototype CF is 6'2" 200-215 long and lean with a long legged gate that makes him cover ground effortlessly and is fast when your eyes can't see it. This isn't Straw and it also isn't Chaz which adds to the reasoning for Dusty I believe.
Yeah I get your point that he doesn't look physically like a prototypical centerfielder but his blazing fast speed is more what I was getting at and I'm sure that's what Donkey was enamored by.
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

My prediction:

1. Altuve 2B
2. Pena SS
3. Yordan DH
4. Bregman 3B
5. Tuck RF
6. Abreu 1B
7. Brantley LF
8. Dubon CF
9. Maldy C

This is the FU Dana lineup...Donkey probably grinning ear to ear as he put pen to paper.
tjack16
AG
Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

My prediction:

1. Altuve 2B
2. Pena SS
3. Yordan DH
4. Bregman 3B
5. Tuck RF
6. Abreu 1B
7. Brantley LF
8. Dubon CF
9. Maldy C

This is the FU Dana lineup...Donkey probably grinning ear to ear as he put pen to paper.

Dubon in CF again after a multi HR game? Nah it'll be Meyers because "everybody plays on my team"
All I do is Nguyen
I would have to acquiesce to 2015's insider knowledge of any situation but I would be curious if he has heard anything about Dusty having personal vendettas against Chas or Diaz? Probably more so he wants to start Maldy because he is a certain fit, and I know 2015 has said the pitcher prefer Maldy but if the FO does in fact make the lineups for the playoffs, then Yainer will be catching more often than not so the pitchers needs to get used to him catching otherwise it will make for awkward games during the postseason.
annie88
AG
JohnLA762 said:

But for the record, I do hate Dusty!
I'm getting that feeling.

But the idea that he's trying to hurt the Astros or lose is just dumb.

Stubborn, sure, but deliberate, no.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

No blum
Ag_07
AG
Rather have Julia
Hulla Baller
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

No blum
There wasn't ANYONE else available...? Mike is...not good.
txags92
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

No blum
F Dusty! He is even taking the best radio guy we have out of the lineup just to piss us off.
First Page Last Page
Page 2130 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.