***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,980 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Framber and JV need to suck it up and have Diaz catch them.

Dubon had a good game at the plate and in the field.

This is one of the moments you ride the hot hand and don't change.

chap
AG
Staff post on Arlington thread says reinstated.
Farmer1906
AG
Am I?
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Am I?

He lives!
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Am I?

I am!!!!

I have to give the mods credit. It's a thankless job. They made a mistake. They fixed it. No big deal.
AgInSingapore
AG
Sweet! Shortest TA ban evah
Farmer1906
AG
Let me ask on here single it angered our friends in South Oklahoma. Anyone got any recs for spots to hit up in Arlington before the game?
Ag_07
AG
So...You gonna do it again tomorrow right?
1836er
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Am I?

I am!!!!

I have to get the mods credit. It's a thankless job. They made a mistake. They fixed it. No big deal.

Awesome! Wish there a bit more transparency, but I'm glad it was resolved properly and credit to the staff/mods.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Am I?
AgInSingapore
AG
Response will be Cheddar's, a fine DFW dining establishment
Farmer1906
AG
Just wanted to say I appreciate the quick support from y'all. I'm kind of a dick on here (and in real life) so I glad y'all can overlook it.
FrioAg 00
AG
The problem with that thinking on Diaz is that you are batting Maldy in his spot, and Maldy is the worst batter in the league (against a huge sample of different pitches and situations)

Don't overthink it. Just freaking play the guys with the amazing performance numbers.
FrioAg 00
AG
I'm not sure either Framer or JV are pitching well enough tonight now to dictate who catches for them
dermdoc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Just wanted to say I appreciate the quick support from y'all. I'm kind of a dick on here (and in real life) so I glad y'all can overlook it.

You did nothing wrong.

Ranger fans are the most thin skinned fans I have ever seen. And I am a skin expert.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
West Roxbury

Farmer1906
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I'm not sure either Framer or JV are pitching well enough tonight now to dictate who catches for them

This is a good point.
FrioAg 00
AG
In fairness, they all know they are going to screw around and miss the playoffs. They've dropped what, 15 out of 18 now?

Mathguy64
AG
dermdoc said:

Farmer1906 said:

You did nothing wrong.

Ranger fans are the most thin skinned fans I have ever seen. And I am a skin expert.
And we are done here.
maca1028
Farmer1906 said:

Glad to see you back
Farmer1906
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

what if the analytics have found a pattern that suggest benching Diaz and McCormick with pitchers with certain spin rates or something less obvious. then if we were to start them they'd get exposed in a way everyone could use against them

nah probably not **** Dusty

I would love it if that were the case, but you can clearly see what it happens usually (JV, Framber, & Javier starts). I think the most obvious answer is correct in this case.
BadAggie
AG
This is the one time I agree with starting Dubon. You know how sometimes random players just go off in a series?

Also you need to be a realist with how Framber and JV have pitched lately. Maybe they'll turn in gems but you need to score runs. Gotta keep Maldy, Meyers out of the lineup.

The lineup today put up 13 runs. Don't overthink it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

they police the mlb boards like crazy (i caught a ban for re live tweeting Game 6 of 2017 on an off day) but they let Politics go HAM anytime a black person commits a crime. I tried to call them out on this but you don't don't question staph or you get banned

if they agree with the POV they let it go, how they don't have some type of AI moderation by now i don't know

also **** dusty
I once got a ban for writing "Your Favorite Character Dies" on the Game of THrones thread.
Prosperdick
AG
BadAggie said:

This is the one time I agree with starting Dubon. You know how sometimes random players just go off in a series?

Also you need to be a realist with how Framber and JV have pitched lately. Maybe they'll turn in gems but you need to score runs. Gotta keep Maldy, Meyers out of the lineup.

The lineup today put up 13 runs. Don't overthink it.
Crane HAS to institute the front office final say veto power over the lineup NOW. Don't wait for the playoffs to start because that could be too late. Donkey ain't changing, he's proven that to us over and over and over.

Do it Crane...take away the lineup card!
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

This is a good point.

I've been netting out around there recently too. If the 2022 version of either pitcher wants Maldy, no problem. The 2023 version needs to score though.

I'd be tempted to tell Framber that Diaz will be catching him from here forward. The hall of famer can still have Maldy if he really wants (Diaz can't catch EVERY game after all), but I'd strongly encourage him to work with Diaz behind the scenes for a potential playoff battery.
LarryElder
SECcess12 said:

Mathguy64 said:

That's insane. He was literally asking where good places were to eat around the stadium. Earlier he was offering to sell a set of tickets he couldn't use.

And staff banned him for trolling.

Just incredible.

I'll say it and probably get banned for doing it

Staff/Mod you are totally wrong for this. Yes people have been going there to troll. That wasn't it. I expect you to ban Mr Gigem. He's posted here for similar questions.

This is wrong.

Did any of those soft ass *****es complain and cry? Or did they just silently flag his posts for no reason?

They are most bizarre and weird fanbase I'm aware of , they get their panties in a twist when someone posts on their precious thread
The Beef01
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Let me ask on here single it angered our friends in South Oklahoma. Anyone got any recs for spots to hit up in Arlington before the game?

The whole area around the stadium is a big venue for restaurants/bars…you won't have to look too long for places to eat/drink. It's just a big one-stop shop for everything…nothing stood out the couple of times I've been there, but it was all kinda good.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Am I?
Farmer after taking the ban hammer.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Glad you have been set free.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I got scared when my thread was nuked, I though I got the ax too! Glad we have the band back together again
LarryElder
The Beef01 said:

Farmer1906 said:

The whole area around the stadium is a big venue for restaurants/bars…you won't have to look too long for places to eat/drink. It's just a big one-stop shop for everything…nothing stood out the couple of times I've been there, but it was all kinda good.

Go to Texas live lots to pick from
Ol_Ag_02
AG
LarryElder said:

SECcess12 said:

Mathguy64 said:

That's insane. He was literally asking where good places were to eat around the stadium. Earlier he was offering to sell a set of tickets he couldn't use.

And staff banned him for trolling.

Just incredible.

I'll say it and probably get banned for doing it

Staff/Mod you are totally wrong for this. Yes people have been going there to troll. That wasn't it. I expect you to ban Mr Gigem. He's posted here for similar questions.

This is wrong.

Did any of those soft ass *****es complain and cry? Or did they just silently flag his posts for no reason?

They are most bizarre and weird fanbase I'm aware of , they get their panties in a twist when someone posts on their precious thread

As a born and raised Houstonian who's been in Dallas for the last 13 years I can tell you the jealously of rangers fans is ridiculous. On the Ticket (main sports radio) they seem to talk as much about their hatred of the Astros as the do the actual Rangers.
West Roxbury
The Beef01 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yep. Texas Live! is the venue almost connected to the stadium. I plan to be there with my Astros jersey.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

But you're our dick!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
While I agree with this, the ticket is so much superior to any talk radio in Houston.

I don't even like rangers or cowgirls but I listed to it all day every day at work the 16 months I lived there.
First Page Last Page
Page 2128 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.