***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,493,834 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

AggiEE said:

OKCAg2002 said:

Honest question. What does Dubon do in CF that McCormick can't?

He hits lefties well
McCormick hits them better.

That's fan stuff, brother. I don't care about facts when I'm spouting Dusty reasoning
Deluxe
AG
Project Gemini said:

Might be remembering wrong, but didnt Chas take a ball in the middle of his back last night from bear claw?

He did but it was offspeed. He didn't look effected by it at all.
Jet Black
Maldonado should never play again.
linkdude
AG
Stop setting yourself up for anger/disappointment
texasaggie2015
AG
Guys... Chas has played every day since missing that game in Baltimore when he got dinged up. This is just a normal off day. This isn't some Dusty Baker conspiracy thing.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Altuve cycle last night. Brantley's return tonight.
Had multiple pints in the Sons of Liberty old haunts this afternoon, plus the Cheers bar right now.

Really enjoying this Boston trip!
I was in that bar back in 2014 one very late night. The Tigers were in town. And out comes Kate Upton and Justin Verlander from a private room in the back.
Beau Holder
AG
That may well be true but the inquiry is relevant anyway since Dusty, with not a soul asking for it, concocted the galaxy brain idea that Dubon must be in center when Verlander pitches.
Deluxe
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Guys... Chas has played every day since missing that game in Baltimore when he got dinged up. This is just a normal off day. This isn't some Dusty Baker conspiracy thing.

You must be new here
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Altuve cycle last night. Brantley's return tonight.
Had multiple pints in the Sons of Liberty old haunts this afternoon, plus the Cheers bar right now.

Really enjoying this Boston trip!
I was in that bar back in 2014 one very late night. The Tigers were in town. And out comes Kate Upton and Justin Verlander from a private room in the back.

Beats the hell outta my visit. Thanks for the mammaries!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
rosco511
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Chas got enough days off earlier in the season when Dusty refused to play him consistently. With his numbers and at this point in the season, he should not be getting days off.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Edit: I didn't see the end of the gif. Thought it just said "don't tell me what to do"
texasaggie2015
AG
Guys need a day off sometimes. It just is what it is.

This time of year everyone has bumps and bruises they're nursing. Could very well be the case here.
rosco511
AG
I'm guessing this is not the case, and given that Chas did not play consistently for at least 1/3 of the season (if not more), he should be fresher than most.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Bobby Jimbo said:

Should be:
1. Altuve
2. Tucker
3. Bregman
4. Yordan
5. Chas
6. Pena
7. Singleton (or Brantley if he comes back)
8. Diaz
9. Abreu

Brantley ain't coming back
texasaggie2015
AG
I give up trying to be rational on this board lol
W
AG
at least Dusty is letting Yainer catch France again

wasn't sure that was going to happen after his comments last week
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah... I've said numerous times before that this was quite the shock to everyone in the organization. About six weeks ago they had just about written him off completely. I haven't heard exactly what changed (if anything) but I'm happy to be wrong here.
West Roxbury
This thread is borderline unbearable at times. It's like a one-issue candidate in politics. Let's make sure every other post is about Dusty Baker. Okay. We get it. You hate him. He doesn't do much for me either and I hope his is sitting on a front porch in the mountains next season but he is an accomplished baseball man and has a ring here in Houston. Enough already.

Dusty. Donkey. Dusty. Donkey. We get it.
Hulla Baller
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm very surprised he's going to play back to back days.
W
AG
arguably...the proof of the pudding with Brantley...

can he help the Astros hit those right-handed Seattle starters...Castillo, Kirby, Gilbert, et al

has a month to get ready
Farmer1906
AG
What the ****?!?

It's like that guy in fantasy football who's in last place and just drops a bunch of his players just to mess with the rest of the league.
Farmer1906
AG
Matt Moore would be perfect at add to the bullpen. I wouldn't be mad at Giolito either.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What is the point of this aside from just dumping some salary for a month? Clearing spots for young dudes on the 40man?
Farmer1906
AG

texasaggie2015
AG
Like Farmer said.. Matt Moore would be an absolute perfect fit in our bullpen. Wow.

Giolito hasn't been good for the Angels but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires to give guys like Javier, Brown and France some rest.
W
AG
where's the players union?

they can't be happy
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

where's the players union?

they can't be happy
I am slow... why?

These players can get picked up by contenders. I don't think any will be left off.

--

We're 23rd pick at the moment. Phillies, Blue Jays, Cubs, Twins, DBacks, Red Sox, Giants, Reds, & Marlins will have a chance to scoop them up before us.
Jet Black
Singleton needs to have a seat too.

I've never seen guys need so many days off in a sport where some games you barely move.
Wabs
AG
Wow! Matt Moore please! He would be great in our BP.
W
AG
maybe the Angels were already considered a cupcake...

but that gives Seattle 3 easy games between their tough series vs. the Rays and Dodgers
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Who between us and the Rangers has the better record right now? If the Rangers are worse, they will go all in on any bullpen help at all. Also, who would we theoretically dump from the bullpen to bring in someone new?
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

maybe the Angels were already considered a cupcake...

but that gives Seattle 3 easy games between their tough series vs. the Rays and Dodgers
They're on Arlington, Tampa, & Balitmore's schedule too.
Chef Elko
AG
What a dumb franchise
OKCAg2002
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Diaz sits with Maldy catching Framber.
First Page Last Page
Page 2003 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.