***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,491,181 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Javi was good". No he wasn't, Dusty.
Mathguy64
AG
So between Jose and Yordan getting on base so many times, I guess we all know what's happening tomorrow.

Dubon and Julks.

Go **** your self Dusty.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
BadAggie
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

I think he projects his old ass aches and pains on his players. Dude, they're professional athletes in their 20s and 30s.

Been a manager for 30 years, still can't manage pitchers
cone
AG
will roll around in the hood with his piece on the console

strong on 2A
BadAggie
AG
Maybe vets starting to rebel against Dusty giving them days off. Bregman seemed salty about it.

AggiEE
BadAggie said:

Maybe vets starting to rebel against Dusty giving them days off. Bregman seemed salty about it.

Days off aren't a luxury for a team that doesn't have a commanding playoff spot.

Dusty is going to give everyone a lot of early days off if he's not careful

Plus he's not even consistent. Maldy is an aging vet at a physically difficult position and starts 90% of the time
Ag_07
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Was that a real quote? Goodness

Yes. I can't make that up

This guy is watching greatness thinking to himself 'Man I gotta get this guy a rest because he's been running way too much lately'.
Silent For Too Long
We win 13 to 5 and half the post game comments are *****ing about Dusty.

Ya'lls irrational hatred for that man really knows no bounds.
AggieMD95
AG
Bregxit said:

Astros cycles:

Cesar Cedeño: August 2, 1972
Cesar Cedeño, August 9, 1976
Bob Watson, June 24, 1977
Andjar Cedeño, August 25, 1992
Jeff Bagwell, July 18, 2001
Craig Biggio, April 8, 2002
Luke Scott, July 28, 2006
Brandon Barnes, July 19, 2013
Jose Altuve, August 28, 2023

I remember Kevin bass having one in the 80s
AggiEE
Silent For Too Long said:

It's a rational dislike of an irrational manager that has cost us a commanding lead in the division

I don't care if we win 13 to 5 or 1 to 0. But a win on a day when our competitors win is merely holding ground
Beau Holder
AG

It's not irrational. Irrespective of the spirit of your post (try to enjoy the win) being correct.
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
Bass had 4 x-base hits in a game for 11 total bases
AggieMD95
AG
W said:

Bass had 4 x-base hits in a game for 11 total bases

Shoot. That's right. He went ahead and hustled out a double w his last at bat. If he had been thrown out he would've been scored a single and had the cycle
Prosperdick
AG
Bass and Dusty both had wrist bands with their likeness on them so there's that.
DVC2010
AG

It might be excessive, but it's not irrational.
RED AG 98
AG
Listened to Ford and Sparky on the radio tonight while I ran an errand and hit the gym. I have nothing to add that has not already been said. And I literally love Jose Altuve.
annie88
AG
I didn't remember this.

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Silent For Too Long
Hating someone who makes your favorite ball team's lineup card "wrong" is intrinsically irrational.

Sorry.

The guy just won the city a world series. Like less then a year ago. And yet we got people frothing at the mouth and tearing their clothes in angst because batter A hits a couple spots higher then they think he should.

We've got people throwing profanities every day at the guy. It's despicable behavior and it rightly should be called out.
jkag89
User name fits.
Marvin
AG

Hating someone who makes your favorite ball team's lineup card "wrong" is intrinsically irrational.

Sorry.

The guy just won the city a world series. Like less then a year ago. And yet we got people frothing at the mouth and tearing their clothes in angst because batter A hits a couple spots higher then they think he should.

We've got people throwing profanities every day at the guy. It's despicable behavior and it rightly should be called out.

I like the passion, but in the pantheon of despicable behavior, this ranks... well, it doesn't rank. Sorry, but gotta disagree with you on that particular point.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
agenjake
Boston fans were great.

Also, can't believe how many Astros fans were there.
gambochaman
AG

Sorry.

Its a whole lot more than simply the lineup cards and if you cannot see that well then….sorry not sorry
Marvin
AG
agenjake said:

Boston fans were great.

Also, can't believe how many Astros fans were there.

We looked for you, brother! Agreed on the fans. Very engaging and friendly.

Had to be at least 10% Astro fans there last night.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mr.Bond
AG

Sorry.

Ok Mrs Baker
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ags #1
AG
Lots of big words i dont understand in these last few posts
BadAggie
AG

Sorry.

Prosperdick
AG

Sorry.

Despicable? GMAFB and get out of here with that BS. Despicable would be hurling racist epitaphs at him. Oh, and calling him Donkey instead of Dusty is because he acts like a stubborn ass but I'm sure that nuance is likely lost on you.

I'd list out all the other reasons instead of JUST the lineup card but it's not worth the time or effort. Now go find a hall to monitor.

Seriously though, I assume we all love the Astros and part of being a huge "fan" is fanatical behavior, hence the term. Now can we all just get along.
texasaggie2015
AG
This board has become so hostile. My goodness. Why can't we all just get along?
All I do is Nguyen
So is the ten run curse broken now? We put up 13+ the last two games so I think we're good.......right???
jkag89
Here is the post that has set off the current Dusty discussion about his ability to manage the club.
Quote:

Holy helll...Dusty when asked of what he thinks about Altuve being so hot

Well we're gonna have to watch him closely because he's been running a lot. With all those hits that means he's running the bases so we'll have to keep an eye out.

Day off incoming
Here is the quote I was able to find
Quote:

"It's good to score runs," Baker said. "When you're hitting a lot, you're running a lot. That's how Seattle got started on their streak, when their leadoff man got hot."
Link

Maybe there was more so Ag07's summary is accurate, if so I have not been able to find it, however, the quote I was able to find seems to indicate the opposite
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
We've scored runs multiple times after ten run games but you've gotta give this board credit for never letting a gimmick die.
All I do is Nguyen
texasaggie2015 said:

This board has become so hostile. My goodness. Why can't we all just get along?
Honestly I think this is a byproduct of the recent success. I will admit I found this side of TA after the 2017 season and have been here ever since. Success tends to draw out the people who were either on the fence about Baseball, or had little interest in it and now that the local team is doing well, they want to try and support them without having a good knowledge of how the sport works.

I'll admit when I first REALLY started watching Baseball (in the last six or so years) it took me a LONG time to get over losing a game because I was so used to football where one loss could potentially ruin your season. Whereas in baseball one loss is no biggie, but a string of losses is. Watching baseball involves a mentality shift that the random sports fan has to go through and accept in order to truly enjoy it.

We are also spoiled by our recent run of success and we expect the Astros to go out and beat down teams like they have the last two games, but every night. I am on the side of, just get to the playoffs and let the real season begin.

This is just my 2 cents.
First Page Last Page
Page 1997 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.