***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,476,510 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seattle will win the division. One of Astros and rangers will miss the playoffs.
Jet Black
Winning 2 of 3 against the trash teams isn't a recipe for success.
BadAggie
AG
Can't be losing games against the Tigers, As, Royals.

Not over but man, just not what was needed
tjack16
AG
Has this been the longest Yordan has gone without a homerun? Last one was August 5th
texasaggie2015
AG
Ags #1 said:

Same reason our wives like desperate housewives and hallmark movies

Hahaha good point
Jbob04
AG
Ags #1 said:

Same reason our wives like desperate housewives and hallmark movies

Sports makes y'all horny?
Ags #1
AG
If we win a ws ring yes
W
AG
53 at-bats since Yordan hit a home run
W
AG
Jose Abreu is 1 for 8 since returning from the IL

OPS has dropped to .629

in 472 plate appearances
spadilly
S
Minnesota beats Texas.
B-Rabbit
AG
Breggy's Instagram story.
agdaddy04
AG
Nice to see KC with a little fight.
HarryRocket
B-Rabbit said:

The irony is his contract/performance
BadAggie
AG
Bregman now subtweeting or whatever instead of telling trolls they are fleas on nutsakks
Big Al 1992
AG
W said:

53 at-bats since Yordan hit a home run

He did have one robbed tonight.

Hasn't Peña gone without a homer since July 5th or did I miss one recently?
tremble
AG
BadAggie said:

Bregman now subtweeting or whatever instead of telling trolls they are fleas on nutsakks

Maybe Bregman can get back some of his edge when people are tweeting noise at him. He's much better when he's playing with a edge.
AggiEE
W said:

Jose Abreu is 1 for 8 since returning from the IL

OPS has dropped to .629

in 472 plate appearances

And we want to play him instead of Singleton....why?

At least Singleton gets on base and hits the ball hard. Tends to have really good means of working the counts against pitchers as well, doesn't tend to chase terribly like Abreu does.

I think it's time to come to terms with us taking on a terrible contract of a player well past his prime. I have no expectation he will turn it around. The sample size is extremely long at this point. We need to trade him in the offseason and eat a huge chunk of his $$$
tremble
AG
Also, how the **** is Brantley playing 3-4 games in Sugarland but we've got Abreu and his broken back immediately into the lineup?

Brantley had another two hits tonight and has an .802 OPS. There's zero reason for him to be down in AAA. Someone is ****ing wanking around with his contract/injury and weakening the team.
HarryRocket
tremble said:

Also, how the **** is Brantley playing 3-4 games in Sugarland but we've got Abreu and his broken back immediately into the lineup?

Brantley had another two hits tonight and has an .802 OPS. There's zero reason for him to be down in AAA. Someone is ****ing wanking around with his contract/injury and weakening the team.

Insurance? Maybe they're trying to make sure he's ok before losing insurance money? (I have no ide how that works)
Dies Irae
B-Rabbit said:

I'm pretty sure I've see this before, he will have an onlyfans soon
agdaddy04
AG
Incredible play by Royals SS to save a run.
Beau Holder
AG
He's an absolute stud.
Ag4life80
AG
The Astros are a tired team right now. This season has been an uphill grind from the start.
texasaggie2015
AG
tremble said:

Okay I'll just put this out here. Brantley is the reason he's not with the big league club. He told the organization yesterday (maybe the day before) that he wasn't ready yet. As soon as he says he's ready, he will be activated. But that's a big if right now.
Beau Holder
AG
Mariners take the lead in the 4th, naturally. Of course if you're counting on the Royals in late August, you've got no one to blame but yourself.

Third place looks like it's not going to be a brief stay.
The Porkchop Express
AG
It's Friday night. A lot of you guys need to get off TexAgs and get laid to chill TFO.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
This is my post multi-cocktail Friday rant: Brantley, you're a ***** for refusing to jump to the roster earlier to continue to rake in AAA. This isn't MLB the Show. People aren't gonna respect you more by crushing on easier settings.

Crane, and mainly you, **** you for the **** show of an off-season you created. You didn't "click" with Click? Okay cool. How about you axe his ass in November, eat whatever financial liabilities that creates and hand over the keys in an efficient manner to an actual qualified successor? No? Okay, you and Bags go ahead and sign arguably the 2 worst FA signings we've had in years. You also hide obvious limitations in pitching depth and don't address it in FA. AND, easily worse than those 3 **** ups, you sign the oldest, most stubborn and most analytically-illiterate manager for a twilight year and give his stupid ass unabated lineup authority when he clearly had proven 2 weeks into the season he was half-way into senility. Just **** off, dude. If we miss out on the playoffs, my only solitude will be that you lose out on a decent chunk of cash solely because of your ego.
texasaggie2015
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

This is my post multi-cocktail Friday rant: Brantley, you're a ***** for refusing to jump to the roster earlier to continue to rake in AAA. This isn't MLB the Show. People aren't gonna respect you more by crushing on easier settings.

Crane, and mainly you, **** you for the **** show of an off-season you created. You didn't "click" with Click? Okay cool. How about you axe his ass in November, eat whatever financial liabilities that creates and hand over the keys in an efficient manner to an actual qualified successor? No? Okay, you and Bags go ahead and sign arguably the 2 worst FA signings we've had in years. You also hide obvious limitations in pitching depth and don't address it in FA. AND, easily worse than those 3 **** ups, you sign the oldest, most stubborn and most analytically-illiterate manager for a twilight year and give his stupid ass unabated lineup authority when he clearly had proven 2 weeks into the season he was half-way into senility. Just **** off, dude. If we miss out on the playoffs, my only solitude will be that you lose out on a decent chunk of cash solely because of your ego.

What in the world???? Yeah… I'm sure Brantley just wants to chill in Sugar Land and pad his stats. You might be on to something.

Put the phone away brother. Get some sleep.

Also FWIW: The plan to sign Montero was in place before Click was fired. It was going to happen regardless.
W
AG
July 5th is Pena's last home run

he's hit 2 home runs since June 1st

Pena has become a singles hitter...which is not the end of the world...as long as he bats 8th or 9th in the order
Ags #1
AG
Lol!!! Most of us are married. Aint nobody getting laid
Boiling Denim
W said:

July 5th is Pena's last home run

he's hit 2 home runs since June 1st

Pena has become a singles hitter...which is not the end of the world...as long as he bats 8th or 9th in the order

This team is unbeatable if he's hitting xbh. When he's not it's just average to above-average it looks like
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
I've been working some long hours lately, so I could have misinterpreted. But did he not tell Dusty he wasn't right and that he needed more "rehab" time playing full time in triple A? I'll gladly **** off and call it a night (either way, honestly) but I'm confused how one can say "nah I can't play in the show tonight, let me see if I can mash AAA for a bit longer".
W
AG
Dana will have decisions to make in the offseason at first base

there has to be a contingency plan in place if Abreu struggles in April again
texasaggie2015
AG
He's not young. He had a major surgery. He's been out of baseball for over a year. He's a season veteran and the definition of a professional. If he thinks he's not ready, I'll take his word for it. I don't see why this is so hard for some of you to understand.

This board has really gone downhill.
Big Al 1992
AG
Just win the next 2 and we're in good shape.
First Page Last Page
Page 1936 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.