***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,476,494 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Sorry I said anything. I know a lot about the personalities on this team and that's extremely uncharacteristic.

They're pressing because they let the manager piss away so many games that they're now in the crunch. On top of that, they have had 3 SP arms out for the majority of the year and are in a bad spot as far as BP usage is concerned. This team is in a very bad place right now and I don't see much changing outside of firing the manager.
MisterFurious
AG
The D said:

MisterFurious said:

The D said:

MisterFurious said:

Satellite of Love said:

Got Dusty'd again!

I think Baker is a kook, but what did he have to do with getting 1 f'n hit all night?

This team is just trash. Peña, for instance, is the definition of this year's team. The entire lineup, save maybe Tucker, is having the worst year of their career. It's laughable, but like I said earlier, you and I the fan probably care more than any of those ring wearers care.

Altuve and Chas are having the worst years of their careers ?

Ok dude, sorry, I made a generalization. Everything is good. They're awesome!

Expected a comment like that when you are proved completely wrong. I love people that make up facts.

No, I made a poor generalization about the lineup, and despite Chaz and Altuve, this lineup has been pretty bad. You were right, but I don't think Chaz and Altuve will get this crew into the playoffs.
concac
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

spadilly said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I know it sucks but seriously everybody calm down, we really aren't any worse off after that **** show than we were before lol

Deep breaths… this is going to be an exciting end of the year.

Exciting would have been having this division all but wrapped up right now.
This year? Stressful, and overwhelmingly frustrating. And getting worse by the game.

meaningful baseball games will be exciting, I've had the alternative a lot in my live time as a fan, so I don't take the September run for granted. Yes it will be exciting, and could very well end up heartbreaking and frustrating but that's why you watch and give your all to your team!
Your positivity is not needed right now. Just lost to a crappy team by giving up a 3-run homer to some donkey.
texasaggie2015
AG
That's exactly what I said. They're in a bad place. And that's very uncharacteristic of this team who always finds a way to fight and pull through.
tjack16
AG
We really can't use the injury excuse anymore. For about the last month we have been as healthy as possible (besides LMJ who's always injured and then Garcia)

We're healthier than most teams now. We're just not playing good.
The D
AG
The worst part about this is that this happens, even to good teams. However we are just above average not great.

The problem boils back to dusty and his ****ty lineups and lack of urgency. Also the worst extra inning game record in the league. Have a sense of urgency earlier in the league and go .500 in extra inning games and this team is up 4 right now.
Beau Holder
AG
Wish just fast-forwarding to next year was an option. Better than watching this unforced meltdown.
Harry Dunne
Now that we don't have a roster good enough to overcome his awful managing, we know why Dusty has been fired so many times, even after "good" seasons.
Dies Irae
My favorite thing is how we are going to let Michael Brantley play baseball in sugarland until the end of the season and then let him retire
SpaceCityAg05
AG
The team is indeed in a very bad place and has been for quite a stretch. And I blame Dusty for that. Dusty deserves more blames than any other for frustrations this season.

Tonight, in terms of a game within a vacuum, was not on Dusty. Yet again the offense was impotent against pitching that aggressively pumped strikes, and Pressly crapped the bed in the 9th when he couldn't command his slider.
MisterFurious
AG
The D said:

The worst part about this is that this happens, even to good teams. However we are just above average not great.

The problem boils back to dusty and his ****ty lineups and lack of urgency. Also the worst extra inning game record in the league. Have a sense of urgency earlier in the league and go .500 in extra inning games and this team is up 4 right now.

Exactly, Dusty treated this entire season like a Spring Training session on get away days. The lineups were played with, even when healthy, and now there are 31 games left and everything from starting pitching to healthy lineup is scuffling…bad.

We've been very spoiled, and I fear this is the end of a fun run.
JohnnyTexAg1995
RealTalk said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

spadilly said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I know it sucks but seriously everybody calm down, we really aren't any worse off after that **** show than we were before lol

Deep breaths… this is going to be an exciting end of the year.

Exciting would have been having this division all but wrapped up right now.
This year? Stressful, and overwhelmingly frustrating. And getting worse by the game.

meaningful baseball games will be exciting, I've had the alternative a lot in my live time as a fan, so I don't take the September run for granted. Yes it will be exciting, and could very well end up heartbreaking and frustrating but that's why you watch and give your all to your team!
Your positivity is not needed right now. Just lost to a crappy team by giving up a 3-run homer to some donkey.
lol welp hope you feel better in the morning, I'll keep looking forward and enjoy seeing the boys bounce back and in a week hear all y'all talk about how we are invincible and may never lose again haha
texasaggie2015
AG
I had a brand new bottle of Woodford to bust open for college football tomorrow but I don't know if it can wait
Beau Holder
AG
I'm optimistic next year with a healthy and stacked rotation and a new manager that things will revert.

But I'm ready to light this year on fire and throw it away, this team is an empty shell of the one that won the title and for no real discernible reason. This is clearly just who they are this year and it's not getting better, and hasn't been for the weeks now that people have been expecting it to.
spadilly
S
I picked the wrong year to go sober.
Big Bucks
AG
Team reminds me of a season (95 or 96) when the playoffs were there for the taking and the team couldn't win to save their lives. Bagwell was so frustrated he said "I wish someone would just put us out of our misery." Sums up the attitude of this team right now.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've cut back a lot and seen great benefits. I'll still pour one or two on occasion.

Or nineteen.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Yep. Dusty screwed around this year and left us with no margin for error. Therefore games like this (and laughers like yesterday) can't just roll off because everyday is now a dogfight.
Prosperdick
AG

We might just have to photoshop this picture if A&M can come through this season. Obviously best case is we don't need this graphic at all but this team looks dead.
W
AG
Guardians beat the Blue Jays

Toronto is playing like garbage too

Astros would still make the playoffs if the season ended tonight
JDUB08AG
AG
We will turn things around. The question is will it be enough to win the division or barely sneak in. If we end up missing the playoffs all together I'd be shocked. That would mean we just basically crapped the bed for 45 days or so.
Texaggie7nine
If our starting pitching gets back into decent form, we will be fine.
7nine
BayAg_14
We have the third easiest SOS the remainder of the season. Hopefully we start to take advantage.
Boiling Denim
Cheer up lads it's the Tigers their SP tomorrow has to suck right…why else have they lost so much

Oh…
AggiEE
BayAg_14 said:

We have the third easiest SOS the remainder of the season. Hopefully we start to take advantage.

We play like **** against bad teams

It's going to be a struggle
Ags #1
AG
100% this. Nothing this team has show they will beat the team they are supposed to right now.
CorpsTerd04
AG
Glad I did not watch looked at score top of 9th was hopefull. I'm afraid hope is all we got now.
Dies Irae
Texaggie7nine said:

If our starting pitching gets back into decent form, we will be fine.

Not if we lose games where we have no-hitters in the 7th inning
BadAggie
AG
gambochaman
AG
Im just mad at everything right now but man….was listening on 790 and ford and sparky did the damn best jinx job ever after the second out in the ninth

'This will be the astros second 1-0 win of the season'
'This will be the lowest combined hits in a game in 56 years'
And a few others i cant remember as if taking the win for granted

I know…its silly….but i feel like they angered the baseball gods
CFTXAG10
AG
10-1 Twins. Arlington getting a dose of what we went through yesterday.
texasaggie2015
AG
I caved and busted open the whiskey. I love all you dorks. But I hate sports. Why do I care so much about something so dumb?
tjack16
AG
If the Aggies win 10+ games this fall… that would really help ease the frustration of this Astros season.

I can't even imagine how much 2022 would have sucked with A&M going 5-7 and then if we got beat by the Mariners in the ALDS.
Ags #1
AG
Same reason our wives like desperate housewives and hallmark movies
JDUB08AG
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I caved and busted open the whiskey. I love all you dorks. But I hate sports. Why do I care so much about something so dumb?

My wife asks me that all the damn time
First Page Last Page
Page 1935 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.