***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,476,838 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm usually pretty positive, but there is nothing positive to say about this one. Framber pitched his ass off only to have the offense fail to show up and Pressly piss all over his performance. Just absolute dog *****
MisterFurious
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Got Dusty'd again!

I think Baker is a kook, but what did he have to do with getting 1 f'n hit all night?

This team is just trash. Peña, for instance, is the definition of this year's team. The entire lineup, save maybe Tucker, is having the worst year of their career. It's laughable, but like I said earlier, you and I the fan probably care more than any of those ring wearers care.
annie88
AG
That really sucked.

Down to one freaking strike.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
texasaggie2015
AG
I really didn't like seeing Chas chirping at a fan after the game. That says a lot about where this team is at. Really hope they can snap out of it.
texasaggie2015
AG
Thank you. It gets so freaking old. Dusty is awful. I can't stand him. But not everything is his fault either.
Beau Holder
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Beau Holder said:

This team basically got no-hit by Matt Manning and some no-name injury sub but people are mad at Pressly.

The entire team is falling apart and clearly lost whatever it had last year.
So we can't also be mad at our closer for giving up 4 runs because our bats didn't show up?

No, not saying that. Just never should've been in that position to begin with. This entire team sucks. It's about to defend the World Series by missing the playoffs with the same players and that's honestly just hilarious. It's hard for me to be mad at one person in particular.
CFTXAG10
AG
wangus12 said:

This team isn't making the playoffs

They'll get a wild card spot but not the division
The D
AG
MisterFurious said:

Satellite of Love said:

Got Dusty'd again!

I think Baker is a kook, but what did he have to do with getting 1 f'n hit all night?

This team is just trash. Peña, for instance, is the definition of this year's team. The entire lineup, save maybe Tucker, is having the worst year of their career. It's laughable, but like I said earlier, you and I the fan probably care more than any of those ring wearers care.

Altuve and Chas are having the worst years of their careers ?
Ags #1
AG
Lol what does that mean? Maybe someone called his wife a hoe and he wasnt taking it
BayAg_14
Tonight was not on Dusty. You will not win very many games with one hit. The problem will be the 10+ losses that were his fault come the end of the season.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Jbob04 said:

Yes the lineup was fine tonight but it's hard for this team to get on a roll with dusty and his lineups. He is constantly changing the lineup and sitting players that are getting hot. We should have at least 10 more wins if it wasn't for Dusty. Maybe this team would give a damn right now if they had won those games.
the top 5/6 in the lineup has been pretty consistent recently actually apart from injuries, and the craziness of not playing Diaz everyday, and altuve, bregs, tuck, and Yordon have still gone ice cold. **** happens. This is our team this year. It's differ than last year and our team is what it is! Bounce back tomorrow
The D
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I really didn't like seeing Chas chirping at a fan after the game. That says a lot about where this team is at. Really hope they can snap out of it.

I do. Show some damn emotion because are manager is sure the **** not
tjack16
AG
On track for 89 wins now. This week (Seattle series to now) will likely be the reason we don't win the division. So for those of you who thought losing games in august isn't a big deal because "it's a long season" … there you go. They're all important this year
Big Bucks
AG
Looks like I get to hunt in October this year without missing any Astros games.
Jbob04
AG
The D said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I do. Show some damn emotion because are manager is sure the **** not

Amen. Who gives a **** if he was talking **** back to a fan. I wish the whole team would have done it. At least show some damn fight and emotion.
texasaggie2015
AG
Ags #1 said:

Lol what does that mean? Maybe someone called his wife a hoe and he wasnt taking it

That stuff happens every game. Seriously. Seeing guys lose their composure isn't a great sign. You can disagree all you want, but I don't think it's a positive. Especially a team like the Astros who have been there done that with hostile environments.

It's one of those little things that makes you think.
spadilly
S
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I know it sucks but seriously everybody calm down, we really aren't any worse off after that **** show than we were before lol

Deep breaths… this is going to be an exciting end of the year.

Exciting would have been having this division all but wrapped up right now.
This year? Stressful, and overwhelmingly frustrating. And getting worse by the game.
JohnnyTexAg1995
tjack16 said:

On track for 89 wins now. This week (Seattle series to now) will likely be the reason we don't win the division. So for those of you who thought losing games in august isn't a big deal because "it's a long season" … there you go. They're all important this year
but we could very well be just as far back of the division at the end of the night as we were at the beginning of the night
MisterFurious
AG
The D said:

MisterFurious said:

Satellite of Love said:

Got Dusty'd again!

Ok dude, sorry, I made a generalization. Everything is good. They're awesome!
Ags #1
AG
Nobody said its a positive but who knows what someone in detroit said to him. It could have been really bad and he snapped. Seems
Vert minor with all their issues
tremble
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Ags #1 said:

That stuff happens every game. Seriously. Seeing guys lose their composure isn't a great sign. You can disagree all you want, but I don't think it's a positive. Especially a team like the Astros who have been there done that with hostile environments.

Makes you think the manager ****ing sucks. **** Dusty
gambochaman
AG
Do i have my numbers right? .500 ball since the AS break?
The D
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Ags #1 said:

We were good when the team was cocky. That has disappeared and the manager is 90 years old
The D
AG
MisterFurious said:

The D said:

MisterFurious said:

Satellite of Love said:

Got Dusty'd again!

Ok dude, sorry, I made a generalization. Everything is good. They're awesome!

Expected a comment like that when you are proved completely wrong. I love people that make up facts.
gambochaman
AG
The D said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Ags #1 said:

We were good when the team was cocky. That has disappeared and the manager is 90 years old

Dusty and his sleepy attitude has taken all the fire out of this team
JohnnyTexAg1995
spadilly said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I know it sucks but seriously everybody calm down, we really aren't any worse off after that **** show than we were before lol

Deep breaths… this is going to be an exciting end of the year.

Exciting would have been having this division all but wrapped up right now.
This year? Stressful, and overwhelmingly frustrating. And getting worse by the game.

meaningful baseball games will be exciting, I've had the alternative a lot in my live time as a fan, so I don't take the September run for granted. Yes it will be exciting, and could very well end up heartbreaking and frustrating but that's why you watch and give your all to your team!
mwm
What did we do to deserve Bogusevic, Stanton & the chick who knows nothing for the post game?
tjack16
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

tjack16 said:

but we could very well be just as far back of the division at the end of the night as we were at the beginning of the night

Yay. Once again not taking advantage of the teams ahead of us losing… That's what great teams do I guess. If we took care of our business the last week we would be ahead by 2+ games and the mariners would be in 3rd place 4 games back
texasaggie2015
AG
Sorry I said anything. I know a lot about the personalities on this team and that's extremely uncharacteristic.
fullback44
AG
I think it's going to be tough sledding from here on out. Our pitching is not what it was, our 2nd half ERA is not what it was the 1st held.. we really need Garcia and McCullers to be a top team.. I'm not saying it can't happen but we are missing a few pieces. Next year we get those 2 pitchers back and we will be tough once again… keep grinding it out
texasaggie2015
AG
mwm said:

What did we do to deserve Bogusevic, Stanton & the chick who knows nothing for the post game?

Dude they are horrendous. I can't watch even after a win.
turfman80
AG
Pressley lost them game by getting too cute with Cabrera when he had him down 1-2.
Dies Irae
mwm said:

You wouldn't be so quick to judge if you knew the Moldovan hellhole she had to crawl out of to get to where she is now
JohnnyTexAg1995
tjack16 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

tjack16 said:

Yay. Once again not taking advantage of the teams ahead of us losing… That's what great teams do I guess. If we took care of our business the last week we would be ahead by 2+ games and the mariners would be in 3rd place 4 games back
oh I know, we could be sitting pretty right now, but after a devastating lose, to not lose ground is a good thing
tjack16
AG
turfman80 said:

Pressley lost them game by getting too cute with Cabrera when he had him down 1-2.

Given how Baez is a free swing and strikes out an insane amount he probably could have thrown 3 straight low outside breaking balls out of the zone and ended the game
First Page Last Page
Page 1934 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.