***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,475,532 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also depends on what opponents have to play for when the Astros play them.

SD is a dangerous team, plenty of talent, currently 6 games out of the wildcard. Yankees are 10 games out. Arizona is last series, currently 1/2 game out.

Astros do need to feast on the crap teams starting tomorrow with the Tigers. Can't do worse than 9-3 imo.
Marvin
AG
Marvin said:

Mrs. Marvin and I are leaving tomorrow afternoon for the Boston series at Fenway starting Monday. Anyone else going to be there? Sam Adams Oktoberfest or your lesser beer of choice on me.

Oh, and I WILL be sporting this beautiful work of art somewhere in the stadium.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
redline248 said:

Y'all think Dusty asked Martin to pitch, or he volunteered?

I just want to know if Martin demanded a personal CF.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Cromagnum
AG
Who needs Ohtani when we have Maldy?

BadAggie
AG
So 9-3 v KC, OAK and DET

4-2 v SD and NYY

3-3 v TEX and SEA

2-1 v BAL

4-2 v BOS and ARI

That would be 22-11 and overall a 94-68 record.

Before the Rangers lost 7 straight I wouldn't have thought 94 or 95 wins could win the division but definitely a possibility now.

BadAggie
AG
Starters for the Detroit series (according to mlb.com):

Fri Framber v Manning
Sat Brown v Rodriguez
Sun Verlander v Faedo

This means the Red Sox would see Javier and Urquidy again in Boston next week. Guessing that Blanco will get the other start, feels almost cruel to start France again...

Saturday is toughest matchup with Rodriguez.

Framber got an extra day of rest since his last start.

It's a weekend homecoming of sorts for Brown and JV in the Motor City this weekend.

BadAggie
AG
Hey, Astros are vying for their 7th straight ALCS appearance, 6th WS appearance, and 3rd WS title. 2016 me would've taken that in a heartbeat.

It's gonna be alright.

BadAggie
AG
BadAggie
AG
Man, what is in this rabbit hole?

BadAggie
AG
https://bigleaguestew.tumblr.com/post/130710598861/hank-conger-doing-the-chappelle-robot-is-favorite
agenjake
My favorite uncle and I are flying up Sunday and will be at Monday's game. Found reasonable tickets between the plate and the Astros batters box. About 8 rows up.
ktownag08
AG
Let's shake off yesterday and get back at it. Didn't lose ground in the playoff hunt so we keep going!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
For goodness sake Bad….make a single thought and then post!
Prosperdick
AG
ktownag08 said:

Let's shake off yesterday and get back at it. Didn't lose ground in the playoff hunt so we keep going!
Until we see Julks in the lineup.
texasaggie2015
AG
Good morning fellas. The sun came up again this morning. There's lots of baseball left. Let's get back on track tonight.
All I do is Nguyen
Prosperdick said:

ktownag08 said:

Until we see Julks in the lineup.
iamtheglove
agenjake said:

My favorite uncle and I are flying up Sunday and will be at Monday's game. Found reasonable tickets between the plate and the Astros batters box. About 8 rows up.
Would your favorite uncle happen to be named "Mike"???
irish pete ag06
AG
Man I loved Hank Conger
spadilly
S
Got a copy of the 1995 NL Green Book yesterday.

Some Astros info included:

Prosperdick
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Man I loved Hank Conger

Agree, he seemed like such a great hang. I'd be shocked to find out he wasn't.
texasaggie2015
AG
$14 for field level
JDUB08AG
AG
Altuve
Bregman
Yordan
Tucker
Diaz
Chas
Abreu
Pena
Maldy

If this isn't the lineup tonight...
Prosperdick
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Altuve
Bregman
Yordan
Tucker
Diaz
Chas
Abreu
Pena
Maldy

Announcing one's lineup plans is the surest way to make God/Donkey laugh.
n_touch
Prosperdick said:

JDUB08AG said:

Altuve
Bregman
Yordan
Tucker
Diaz
Chas
Abreu
Pena
Maldy

Announcing one's lineup plans is the surest way to make God/Donkey laugh.
Is Maldy available tonight? He threw quite a few during that inning of use yesterday
512Ag
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

$14 for field level
"Those seats are outrageously expensive! We'll sit in the $5 rainbow seats and you can use binoculars. It's the same."
-- My parents
houag78
AG
At the risk of derailing the Maldy conversation (and I was a little disappointed w his velo yesterday…), what do y'all think is up w Yordan? Forget the mashed finger issue, even before that he hadn't hit a home run in almost 2.5 weeks, and just one real extra base hit over that time. Do we think he's still suffering w the oblique issue or have opposing teams figured out how to pitch him?
TarponChaser
houag78 said:

At the risk of derailing the Maldy conversation (and I was a little disappointed w his velo yesterday…), what do y'all think is up w Yordan? Forget the mashed finger issue, even before that he hadn't hit a home run in almost 2.5 weeks, and just one real extra base hit over that time. Do we think he's still suffering w the oblique issue or have opposing teams figured out how to pitch him?

I think it's injury. Teams don't take 4 years to figure out how to pitch to a guy. Besides, he's been hitting the ball but just being off a fraction from squaring it up. If teams figured him out he wouldn't even be doing that.
Ag_07
AG
I just think Yordan is in a slump (by his standards).

Timing is just a hair off and IIRC he said he's feeling really close.
agproducer
AG
I was a big fan of the $4 pavilion seats! It was lower level OF seats with open seating. I went to about 40 games the summer of '97. It was cheap, cheap cheap!
AustinCountyAg
agproducer said:

I was a big fan of the $4 pavilion seats! It was lower level OF seats with open seating. I went to about 40 games the summer of '97. It was cheap, cheap cheap!
right above the flower beds on top of the outfield wall IIRC
agproducer
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

agproducer said:

right above the flower beds on top of the outfield wall IIRC
Yep. By "General Admission" and his cannon.
OKCAg2002
AG
Didn't Orbit murder General Admission with a space laser? Orbit is savage AF.
texasaggie2015
AG
houag78 said:

It's baseball. Guys go through slumps. He'll be fine.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

houag78 said:

Just not 1-42 slumps.
txags92
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

houag78 said:

You are missing the point. We need to figure out what is wrong so that we know how to blame Dusty for it!
First Page Last Page
Page 1921 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.