***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,494,320 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The thing is he is playing currently. Baseball is the same game wether it's being played in Sugar Land or in downtown Houston. He could have easily been eased back into things at the big league level instead of sugar land as a DH and pinch hitter.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AggiEE
Project Gemini said:

I didnt feel that way fully until yesterday when he was openly obtuse and spiteful discussing Diaz. He is publicly sowing the seeds about how its him versus the world, and when we inevitably part with him it will be all about how the Astro's dicked over legendary Dusty and he deserved better. He knows he has done a poor job this season but thinks he is above reproach.

Someone needs to provide hypnotic inception level technology while Dusty is sleeping so that he wakes up and thinks that he had the great idea before anyone else to play Diaz instead of Maldy

That way he doesn't have some bitter spite at a fact based consensus that is seemingly obvious to everyone but him.

It's apparently hard for new guys like Diaz to play everyday unless you go by the name of Julks or Dubon
RED AG 98
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Why all the charades with AAA then? Why start two days in a row? This think makes absolutely zero sense from the outside. We of course aren't entitled to any information at all but this situation is just absurd. Make it make sense?

About the only thing that I can figure that is remotely reasonable is financial / insurance motivations.
Wabs
AG
The fact that Julks has more PAs than Diaz is a fireable offense in itself. It's simply incredible and literally makes no sense whatsoever.
3B Paul 97
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He is the new Cy Sneed

I just don't have confidence that Dusty will let him pitch 7,8,9 even if he is pitching well to save the pen. He is too old school and will want true relievers in those innings. Hope I am wrong.
htxag09
AG
Project Gemini said:

Dusty's spouse (the entire organization and fan base) is divorcing him and he is making spiteful, emotional decisions. That always goes well for everyone. Some lawyers are about to get paid when he inevitably finds a way to make this discrimination in some form. You aren't a protected class Dusty, you are just stupid.
This dumb **** is the reason I quit posting in this thread and regret it every time I return.

Same crap was posted ad nauseum last year. Pretty much an exact quote after every loss and even some wins "Dusty is either incompetent or doing this on purpose out of spite."
Project Gemini
AG
Cool bro, you are always welcome to quit the thread again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
CoachAg19 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

If Dusty wins another WS, this board is going to be hilariously bi polar.

If Dusty wins?
If the team wins, it won't be because of any brilliant or masterful moves by Dusty. The talent is there for this team to win.
So if they win, he had nothing to do with it.
If they lose, it's 100% his fault.

He's never made a single decision the whole year that's benefitted the team, and never will.

I get you don't like him, but let's get the prescription checked on the hate glasses.
W
AG
need some bad Red Sox defense today
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

The fact that Julks has more PAs than Diaz is a fireable offense in itself. It's simply incredible and literally makes no sense whatsoever.
Exactly and Diaz has to PROVE he earned those plate appearances while Julks gets them because Dusty likes him. It's such bull****.
AgLA06
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

This is the first time the team isn't good enough to overcome it with ease.
I only remember him winning 1 WS with a team that could have every one of his years because of the talent. So that's definitely not the case.
W
AG
uh-oh, not a good start
Mr.Bond
AG
Jeebus
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

The Porkchop Express
AG
NICE ****ING PITCH DUSTY
W
AG
France hitting 93 mph on the gun

can't leave one middle in
Kashchei
AG
I don't know if I would throw a HR ball back. I've never caught a foul ball, much less a HR.
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Call him up
CFTXAG10
AG
Duvall loves MMP
Wabs
AG
We should just trade for Duvall and Cron this off season.
W
AG
8 hits for Duvall in the series

he's a free agent

worth a phone call in the offseason
AgLA06
AG
BMX Bandit said:

This teams starting pitching is beat to hell

I wonder why that is? It's almost like their arms are fatigued due to mismanagement.

If they win World Series, Dusty deserves a rom of credit. Some of y'all are so insufferable

For what exactly? And I mean specifically.

Likewise, if they crash out early in playoffs, that's on Dusty

Because younger players didn't get the experience they should have? Or because of the seeding due to under performance? Or because there was absolutely no consistency or ability to jell due to mishmashed lineups? Or because our pitcher's arms are falling off?

And that march to the title continues in less than an hour. See y'all at the juice box!

If you can't enjoy a business man special, you just aren't a happy person.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
I looked last night and Duvall has over a 1.200 OPS career at MMP, his best in any stadium.

Yeah, sign that guy. If nothing else, it keeps him from an opponent's lineup!
W
AG
Tucker singles
Ciboag96
Yordan is healthy! An overnight miracle!
linkdude
AG
Yordan hit it hard (107), just on the ground.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Project Gemini said:

I didnt feel that way fully until yesterday when he was openly obtuse and spiteful discussing Diaz. He is publicly sowing the seeds about how its him versus the world, and when we inevitably part with him it will be all about how the Astro's dicked over legendary Dusty and he deserved better. He knows he has done a poor job this season but thinks he is above reproach.
This is how he's handled every single time he's been fired. "Oh, I just wasn't treated fairly". Prepare for it, because the media onslaught is coming when he inevitably goes on his PR tour.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Well, in fairness, he said he was ready yesterday, but the rules say you have to sit the guy out one extra day after that. It's science.
carpediem13
AG
Unless you're Maldy or Abreu, then you can play sick or return from injury right away.
Wabs
AG
Ugh....................
The Porkchop Express
AG
What if the home run was hit by Mike Fiers to win the WS over the Astros?
Mr.Bond
AG
Just wild
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

tremble
AG
Welp
Mr.Bond
AG
****!!!

MAGA

CFTXAG10
AG
Yikes France
Ciboag96
Ferk
First Page Last Page
Page 1910 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.