***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,496,310 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rangers broadcast duo is genuinely bad....... or maybe we're just really spoiled but it feels like a 3rd tier espn college game
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

ClickClack
AG
Ag_07 said:

Despite being a Red Sock I've always been a big Devers fan.

Dude doesn't talk a lot of smack. Just throws a big handful of chaw in and goes and plays ball.

Looks like a Ninja Turtle
RED AG 98
AG
10/10 what a dang catch by the Dback CF!
RED AG 98
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
As we creep closer to September we can only add two

Arreghetti?
And
Salazar?

Julks back down when Kessinger is over Covid-23

Hensley back down if/when Abreu comes back

40 man to add spencer, DFA Kuehnle or Paredes

I also wouldn't be opposed to "right arm soreness" IL stint for Framber and let Bielak come eat some innings.
agproducer
AG
I wanted the Astros to trade for him in the past off-season.
texasaggie2015
AG
Arizona……
RED AG 98
AG
big k... uno mas... bases juiced
RED AG 98
AG
Yeeeeeeehaww Jester's dead!
Mr.Bond
AG
Daaaaaaa Ranjers lose
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

texasaggie2015
AG
Hell yeah. Just keep winning
R-Dog
AG
aggieman27
AG
Nighty night ranger fans. Enjoy your last night in 1st place.
spadilly
S
Off day for the rangers tomorrow (this was one of those odd two game series), then they are in Minnesota for four.
irish pete ag06
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Rangers broadcast duo is genuinely bad....... or maybe we're just really spoiled but it feels like a 3rd tier espn college game

I've listened to a lot of different broadcasters over the years. Blum and Kalas are awesome.
BadAggie
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Daaaaaaa Ranjers lose

Mr.Bond
AG

MAGA

W
AG
Cora got straight owned

that clip will live forever
Dies Irae

All I do is Nguyen
A part of me hopes we somehow meet the BoSox in the playoffs this year, I know it won't happen, and we have signs all over the place with JV's face and the quote "**** off Alex". It would be BEAUTIFUL
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Farmer1906
AG

Farmer1906
AG
Dies Irae
Singleton's eye is amazing; and after last night his OBP is more than 2X his batting average. If we can get his swing flattened out and get his average above, he may be a Joey Gallo special. .198BA .815 OPS
BeaumontAg05
AG
So the question is, would you rather have abreu or big john at this stage?
Farmer1906
AG
If we're confident in his back? Abreu. Right now it seems like Singleton is the better option since we've seen Abreu struggle thru a lot of games. Jon is more of an unknown, no name. Dusty doesn't feel obligated to play everyday or stick in the 4-5 hole.
Dies Irae
I think I'd rather have Big Jon to be honest. In his last 4 "full"minor league seasons he's had 370 walks in 1945 plate appearances. That's ridiculous, that gives you an OBP of .190 even if you don't get a hit. If you pair that with a batting average of .180 you get an OBP of .372, slightly lower than Kyle Tucker this year:

Can he continue to walk in 20% of his plate appearances? I don't know but he did it in the minors for 4 seasons and in a very limited sample size he has 9 in 45 plate appearances, which is fairly easy math.
Proudag06
AG
Abreu was still somehow pretty good with 2 outs and runners in scoring position and I don't worry about his heart rate in the big moment. But hopefully with the rest he can be back to a semblance of CWS Abreu and then, even better.
Prosperdick
AG
RED AG 98 said:

If Thomas doesn't make that catch it's a double or triple and since the rangerettes got the bases juiced that's at least one run that scores and with the extra out who knows what happens.

All that to say, pooooooooooooooor rangers.
Charlie Murphy
Wow, watching on tv I dont think you get a true sense of how much ground he had to cover to make that catch.
Prosperdick
AG
Just glanced at their thread and someone is actually stating with all their hitters in slumps that it's not sustainable. Yes you idiot, it's not. Just like we told you when all your hitters were hot that it wasn't sustainable either.

Welcome to baseball!
Dies Irae
Dies Irae said:

I think I'd rather have Big Jon to be honest. In his last 4 "full"minor league seasons he's had 370 walks in 1945 plate appearances. That's ridiculous, that gives you an OBP of .190 even if you don't get a hit. If you pair that with a batting average of .180 you get an OBP of .372, slightly lower than Kyle Tucker this year:

Can he continue to walk in 20% of his plate appearances? I don't know but he did it in the minors for 4 seasons and in a very limited sample size he has 9 in 45 plate appearances, which is fairly easy math.

Sorry my math was wrong on this one, it gives you an OBP of .336, which still would be good for 6th best on the team and 45 points higher than Abreu, and that's with Singleton hitting .180. If we can get him to .200 BA it gets him to .352OBP which is on par with Bregman
gigemJTH12
AG
halfastros81 said:

I have never really followed Raphael Devers but he really impresses me. Top flight player with what appears to be a great attitude as well. He Is becoming my favorite non-Astro . I know … dear diary.
username checks out. He was their best player against the Astros in 2018 ALCS when he was basically a rookie.

he is a stud.
Wabs
AG
BeaumontAg05 said:

So the question is, would you rather have abreu or big john at this stage?
Taking into account where Dusty places each of them in the lineup, I'll take Jon. Dusty will put Abreu in the 5 hole due to some kind of veteran respect or whatever. I think he'd be more inclined to put Jon lower in the order (6/7/8). Plus I really like Jon's eye. It's almost Breggy-like.
bearkatag15
AG
So tonight we see Chris Sale. This will be just his 3rd start since June 1st. Last 2 starts he was on a low pitch count at 59 and 65 and only went 4.2 and 4.1 innings. I imagine they might let him get up to 70-75 pitches tonight.
rosco511
AG
Diaz is the one who needs to be playing every night over Abreu and Singleton at first if Dusty not willing to otherwise play Diaz at catcher or DH. Diaz bat too valuable to get any days off at this point but I know Dusty will Dusty.
First Page Last Page
Page 1869 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.