***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,500,812 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

oooof
bearkatag15
AG
Bag said:

I noticed Uncle Mike in the Dug out over the last couple games, what gives, is he back with the team or still rehabbing?
He's playing in Sugar Land tonight. I'm sure Dusty will need to give Julks one more start before bringing Mike back though
wessimo
AG
I'm surprised Singleton hasn't been sent back down. Hope he can break out of his funk and provide an epic bat flip or two tonight.
gigemJTH12
AG
with the Yankees sucking now I can say without a shadow of a doubt I have more hate in my heart for Dusty than I do the Yankees.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
wessimo said:

I'm surprised Singleton hasn't been sent back down. Hope he can break out of his funk and provide an epic bat flip or two tonight.
If Singleton comes off the major league roster, he's out of the organization. Has to be DFA'd, he has no options.
Ag_07
AG
I thought I heard that SL was on the road and so Mike stayed here with the club to continue working.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

wessimo said:

If Singleton comes off the major league roster, he's out of the organization. Has to be DFA'd, he has no options.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

I thought I heard that SL was on the road and so Mike stayed here with the club to continue working.
They wanted to rest him Sunday and Monday was an off day. I think the plan was for him to go back to Sugarland for another day to two and evaluate midweek. Brown made it sound like it was possible for him to be back on the big league roster by the end of the week.
BadAggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bag said:

I noticed Uncle Mike in the Dug out over the last couple games, what gives, is he back with the team or still rehabbing?
He's playing in Sugar Land tonight. I'm sure Dusty will need to give Julks one more start before bringing Mike back though

Would be nice to see Brantley and Abreu activated on Wednesday (if ready) and get some ABs in before the road trip.

bearkatag15
AG

Odd timing for this article
BadAggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

wessimo said:

It is what it is. He got an opportunity.
BadAggie
AG
tjack16
AG

Farmer1906
AG
BadAggie said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

wessimo said:

I think yall are jumping the gun on Singleton. He only has a 41 PA sample size.

He's just under and just on top of a lot of hard-hit balls. He draws walks and has a great eye. He's gotten a few extra Ks on some **** calls too.

As long as Diaz is getting time behind the plate and Abreu is injured, Singleton should be given an opportunity.
BadAggie
AG
Hey Dusty, it's time to stop effing around.

bearkatag15
AG
I'll be honest... I just thought it was a great moment to use that gif.
JDUB08AG
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

wessimo said:

He's just under and just on top of a lot of hard-hit balls. He draws walks and has a great eye. He's gotten a few extra Ks on some **** calls too.

As long as Diaz is getting time behind the plate and Abreu is injured, Singleton should be given an opportunity.

Then give him an opportunity when Yordan isn't DH
bearkatag15
AG

The King is the odds on favorite from this group
MAROON
AG
tjack16 said:

So dubon is our best defensive center fielder according to Dusty?

so much so that he didn't start him any game there in the playoffs last year.
chlavinka
AG
Roster expands in a few. He will be here til the end. But won't make the playoff roster unless Abreu is hurt
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Odd timing for this article
Quote:

So there, Astros fans, I've built Dusty Baker's optimal lineup and everyone can stop griping about it online.

1 Jose Altuve 2B
2 Kyle Tucker RF
3 Yordan Alvarez LF
4 Alex Bregman 3B
5 Jos Abreu 1B
6 Yainer Diaz C
7 Jon Singleton DH
8 Chas McCormick CF
9 Jeremy Peña SS

While this would be the optimal lineup, there are three pitchers in the Astros rotation that will ask for Martn Maldonado to catch for them. In that case, you put Diaz at DH, and move everyone up in the lineup and let Maldy be the nine-hole. Then, you have Singleton, Jake Meyers, and Dubn as your bench bats. See, I've thought of it all. What would Dusty Baker's optimal lineup actually be in your eyes?
MAROON
AG
seems to be playing every other day to not rush it....because you know we have a ton of time left.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've seen Altuve's 2,000th hit, Framber's no hitter and Singleton's two home run game in person this year.

And it's starting to look like the wildest one was the two home run game.
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

wessimo said:

Add in the stint with the Brewers earlier this season. Woof. Woof.
AggiEE
wessimo said:

Singleton is way better than Maldy, and that's the alternative with Diaz catching instead

His sample size is low, but not terrible for a number 8 or 9 hitter
bearkatag15
AG

Looks like a good write up on Urquidy. Putting it here so I can read it later.
tjack16
AG
Here's the ultimate bottom line. If JV gives us what he should (Aka 7 innings of 2 run ball) and our top 5 in the lineup do their then it won't matter who bats 6-9

So it's up to JV and our top hitters to do their job and play as if they want the division title
AgHawkeye
AG
tjack16 said:

Here's the ultimate bottom line. If JV gives us what he should (Aka 7 innings of 2 run ball) and our top 5 in the lineup do their then it won't matter who bats 6-9

So it's up to JV and our top hitters to do their job and play as if they want the division title

This is correct. It also doesn't need to be this hard.
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Forget players meeting, the players all need to march into Dusty's office and tear him a new one. He's holding the team back from it's full potential on a daily basis.

For Yainer.
For Yainer.
For Yainer.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I think I was one of the first that said Houston and stadium movement. But I'm confused why anyone is discussing MMp. No chance that is ever moving.

The only stadium I discussed moving and wished it was on the north side…which I said along the beltway not in the Woodlands…was a new arena for hockey which I assume would also then house the rockets as most of them do.

Toyota center sucks and is horribly located with no attractions around it or any parking.
W
AG
wow, no Yainer tonight
FrioAg 00
AG
We pick up a game due to heroics from Arizona and Dusty turns around and tried to give it right f'ing back playing 3 dudes that have no business being in the majors right now. Unbelievable.
BadAggie
AG
Lol Singleton will hit a 500' blast tonight and everyone will be back on that train
agproducer
AG
The sample size on Singleton is small. I have a feeling he will adjust. He has just missed a couple balls, being under or over them. His eye has really impressed me. He is having better ABs than Abreu.

With his raw power, they need to keep giving him a chance to figure it out.

I'm guessing we don't see Abreu back until rosters expand in September. Singleton will likely be kept as a LH bat off the bench.

He's putting together great ABs. He just hasn't had a lot of luck.

Also, 4 of his 7 hits in the majors this year have been ones where he has gone the other way.

Prosperdick
AG
Diaz was 2-5 last night with a home run. I hate you so much Donkey.
First Page Last Page
Page 1852 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.