***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,496,692 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

I know it feels like it's just us, but every team is dealing with injuries. And every other team has played the same amount of games.

So the "our guys are tired" excuse drives me crazy. Every team is tired. Every team has multiple injuries.

This. It's a silly excuse.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Of all the people who should be chastising or trying to motivate the team, Maldy should be at the very back of the line. Get your own house in order first lardass
W
AG
this is true

but the 2022 team was not perfectly healthy either in the starting lineup

Brantley missed 98 games
Pena missed 26 games
Yordan missed 27 games
Altuve missed 21 games

however the pitching was so good the player position injuries didn't hurt as much
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Of all the people who should be chastising or trying to motivate the team, Maldy should be at the very back of the line. Get your own house in order first lardass

So those on the thread expecting a team meeting with the most respected player apparently in the clubhouse got their wish
tjack16
AG
If we win 3/4 against Boston I think that would right the ship a bit. But that's asking a lot
tjack16
AG
BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So those on the thread expecting a team meeting with the most respected player apparently in the clubhouse got their wish

I 100% support Maldonado as a leader and respectable player. He just shouldn't be an every day starter. He needs the 2017 Beltran role (minus the cheating)
MAROON
AG
If we move Uncle Mike in and Singleton out - who plays first base?
f1ghtintexasaggie
I don't know what we were expecting. We pantsed them in the playoffs last year. Of course, they were always gonna be coming for revenge this year.
concac
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Maldonado is exactly who we think he is and he's living up to expectations. Dude cannot hit and that's nothing new. His batting average was .186 last season and .172 the season before that. It's not his fault that Dusty keeps trotting him out there.

His house is already in order. You can't expect something from him that he just can't do.
MAROON
AG
MAROON said:

although I guess the move would be to send Julks back to SL
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I 100% support Maldonado as a leader and respectable player. He just shouldn't be an every day starter. He needs the 2017 Beltran role (minus the cheating)

Can they bury his glove in CF?
75AG
AG
Can they put Dusty on the IL for managerial stupidity?
wessimo
AG
W
AG
Machete needs to step up and tell Dusty...

let me catch JV and Framber...and give everyone else to Yainer
aggiedata
AG
BadAggie
AG
MAROON said:

MAROON said:

although I guess the move would be to send Julks back to SL

So Brantley will be called up when Abreu returns.
Dies Irae
Never thought I'd be glad to see Abreu back but man aside from a decent eye Singleton is lost
Beau Holder
AG
Rangers having some Astroitis right now. They're not just losing, it's a comedy of errors.

Sliver of fun to be had today.
tjack16
AG
"Games in August aren't that important, it's a long season"

And with this sweep going forward… every game really matters

BadAggie
AG
Next series

Javier v Paxton
Verlander v Houck
Urquidy v Sale
France v Bello

BadAggie
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

I don't know what we were expecting. We pantsed them in the playoffs last year. Of course, they were always gonna be coming for revenge this year.

Seattle playing for championships in the regular season is their thing.

Ag_07
AG
Dies Irae said:

Never thought I'd be glad to see Abreu back but man aside from a decent eye Singleton is lost

Jon takes every hack like he's trying to launch one into orbit.

There's no bat to ball skills and sense of the situation.
BadAggie
AG
Fans: players should speak up and have a meeting blah blah

Also Fans:

wessimo said:

linkdude
AG
Lol
LarryElder
This thread we want Singeltin Abreu sucks , 2 weeks later singleton sucks we want Abreu
Ags #1
AG
They both suck
West Roxbury
By this age I think we know Singleton is a AAAA hitter.
West Roxbury
75AG said:

I know everyone loves to pile on Dusty and he deserves a lot of criticism but Bregman is in decline, they didn't get what they wanted out of Abreu and Peña has struggled. Brantley has been out too and we needed his steady contact in this lineup. Then you have pitching injuries. It's been bad across the board. Plus improved clubs in the division.
BadAggie
AG
Ags #1 said:

They both suck

Hmmm, the thread does have its moments
tjack16
AG
LarryElder said:

This thread we want Singeltin Abreu sucks , 2 weeks later singleton sucks we want Abreu

I figured he would be about a .180 hitter but all of his hits would be homeruns. So basically Chris Carter or Joey Gallo
BadAggie
AG
West Roxbury said:

75AG said:

I know everyone loves to pile on Dusty and he deserves a lot of criticism but Bregman is in decline, they didn't get what they wanted out of Abreu and Peña has struggled. Brantley has been out too and we needed his steady contact in this lineup. Then you have pitching injuries. It's been bad across the board. Plus improved clubs in the division.

Uncle Mike returns, Abreu visits the chiropractor, and everyone forgets their hysteria soon enough
Boiling Denim
LarryElder said:

Singleton provided a little spark and made a good story for himself and the fans. Even just that one game he offered more than Abreu could in his current state.

But the story is over and Singleton needs to go back to where he belongs in AAA and hope Abreu, after some rest, can get back to average production
Ciboag96
Remember when we cared when the Rangers lose?
agdaddy04
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Remember when we cared when the Rangers lose?
considering we're still only 2.5 back, I think we still do.
Jet Black
Singleton is terrible
First Page Last Page
Page 1820 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.