***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,500,815 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Jeez, you guys are turning this into an in-game Aggie football thread. Who knew these 3 games in mid-Agust were more important then the rest of the season combined?

When you are fighting for a playoff spot, every game is important. This isn't like the last few years where they can cruise to October. These are must win games.
tjack16
AG

Jeez, you guys are turning this into an in-game Aggie football thread. Who knew these 3 games in mid-Agust were more important then the rest of the season combined?

When you're chasing games in a division race all season and the team behind you is closing in, pretty much every 3 game series in August/September is important. Especially against any of the 6 AL playoff teams
SpaceCityAg05
AG
What did you want Brown to do? It is his job to clear out once an IF calls him off.

Bregman just flubbed it.
Beau Holder
AG

I don't think anyone realized they would be either, but when you get swept to go from comfortably in the 2nd seed to slipping into the 3rd and losing the tiebreaker to the team that's about to pass you, it seems just a bit significant.

Oh and you've already also lost the tiebreaker to the other contender for the third seed.
gambochaman
AG
The Beef01 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Coming out of that Baltimore series I thought we were primed to go on a run. This team all year is just way too inconsistent. A lot of it is on Dusty. But some of it is on injuries and players going cold way too often at the worst possible time.

Flashes of brilliance, but more flashes of incompetence. That's your 2023 Houston Astros.

I've never seen a team that is basically managed into a funk like this one.

Win the 1st 2 games of a series…let's empty the bench for the finale; especially if we have anyone who has been hot.

Diaz hits…let's sit him and then be defensive about it when asked.

Either way, it's on Jim Crane for not getting rid of him and realizing that you basically won in spite of him last season. The hitting staff was absolutely brutal most of last season and the hot October got you off the hook.

Basically, ownership ignored in victory last season which will likely be their reason for defeat this season.

This is exactly it
Sitting players when they are heating up, effectively cooling them off
Every chance we get to sweep, play all the bench players and lose
Continuously playing a subpar catcher
Not playing chas enough early in the season
Never leaving the dugout to argue bad calls and fight for his guys
Continuously demeaning his critics and arrogantly continuing to think he is smarter than everyone
cap-n-jack
I would like to see that play at second again.
JohnnyTexAg1995
SpaceCityAg05 said:

What did you want Brown to do? It is his job to clear out once an IF calls him off.

Bregman just flubbed it.
he stood there until bregman nearly ran him over, on the slow motion you see Alex yelling I got it right away. As a pitcher you clear on a pop up that high in the infield
SpaceCityAg05
AG
I am glad Blum asked about Peña's misplay there.

Should have been an easy inning-ending DP.
BadAggie
AG

Beau Holder
AG
Blummer's seen enough of the sloppy sleepwalking, calling out Peña on that play.
cap-n-jack
I thought I saw Pena flashing across there, guess not.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Altuve blew a chance to end the inning. That combined with the two baserunning mistakes yesterday, these guys need to get it together mentally. TV's and stereo systems need to be smashed in the clubhouse postgame
stoneca
We're not making the playoffs
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So glad I can't watch this game… I'm done
R-Dog
AG
Oh look...more 2 out runs
jah003
S
If the Mariners score 2 an inning they may win this thing.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Well this was a waste of 6 dollars
Marvin
AG
I guess getting embarrassed last night wasn't enough.

Oh, and Seattle has no double-digit curse apparently.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
cap-n-jack
Is it ok to be negative now?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Can't believe I wasted money to watch this trash
JohnnyTexAg1995
EastCoastAgNc said:

Altuve blew a chance to end the inning. That combined with the two baserunning mistakes yesterday, these guys need to get it together mentally. TV's and stereo systems need to be smashed in the clubhouse postgame
what the **** did altuve do??
tjack16
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Is it ok to be negative now?

No. Can't be negative because it's august. These games aren't important apparently
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Me too. I told the bartender they owe me $6.48 for this crap show!!
jah003
S
EastCoastAgNc said:

Yea… what the hell was he supposed to do. Flip it to himself?
Mathguy64
AG

This is easily the most important game of the season. For this team in this moment.
tremble
AG
I thought there were plenty of innings left
The Beef01
AG
Just b/c this is amazing…Astros still don't have a hit w/ RISP this series.

The Mariners have score 15 of 18 runs with 2 outs….all 6 so far today and 9 of 10 yesterday.
cap-n-jack
Is there anything worth watching on Peacock now that they've got my coin?
Beau Holder
AG
And it's over, so they can do with that information what they wish.

This is literally unwatchable, had to move on. Hope to find out about some unbelievable comeback later.
txags92
AG
Can we get a live rooster sacrifice or set some rum on fire or something? It is painful to watch a team just fall apart so completely like this…
Jet Black
What an embarrassment
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Fans tend to overreact to slumps and struggles and want team meetings.

But the number of guys making mental errors, playing sloppy, etc. screams reset. SOMEONE (we all know it won't be psychology/morale extraordinaire Dusty) needs to take charge in the clubhouse and put an end to this crap.
Dies Irae
I hate Sunday afternoon ballgames. I can't dive into a bottle of scotch to drown my sorrows when I have mass in 4 hours
Beau Holder
AG
The scrum with the Jays and Red Sox for that third seed is not going to be fun, either. Both within three games in the loss column. Jays only one back and holding the tiebreaker.
Dies Irae
cap-n-jack said:

Is there anything worth watching on Peacock now that they've got my coin?

They have a lot of rugby matches which are actually quite fun
First Page Last Page
Page 1807 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.