***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,516,883 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07ag
AG
Ag_07 said:

It doesn't matter where it happened.

If the Rays and/or MLB decide that he violated their rules and/or his moral clauses in his contract he's done.

And if it's true that he was hooking up with 14 year old girls then he should be regardless of where it happened.

Trevor Bauer didn't break any laws and he's done and honestly this is way worse.

Wonder how hard mlbpa would fight contract cancellation
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He is free to turn over the rocks and expose them all. It would be a big story. But baseball doesn't want that and I suspect he would get massive pressure if he tried to reopen that can.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yep
cap-n-jack
Y'all think Jim Crane was complicit in this? Hey you wear this for the league and you can keep your trophy.
The whole thing just pisses me off, clearly other teams were doing it and some other players have even said so. Nothing from the sports media centers.
Ag_07
AG
Jesus...Can we get back to Maldy v Diaz talk?
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It's always been pretty simple to me. Manfred and MLB gave all the Astros players immunity because they knew if they were fined or suspended in any way that would open Pandora's box. They knew if those players were punished they would name names and name teams (Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers/Rangers lol).

The last thing Manfred wanted was another steroid scandal that would rock the sport so he let us wear it. It's not surprising MLB would threaten legal action. I guarantee they would go after any Astro from that '17 squad who started naming players or other teams as I'm sure that was part of immunity agreement they signed along with a penalty heavy NDA.
Prosperdick
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Y'all think Jim Crane was complicit in this? Hey you wear this for the league and you can keep your trophy.
The whole thing just pisses me off, clearly other teams were doing it and some other players have even said so. Nothing from the sports media centers.
I think he was told they have first-hand testimony (rat fiers) and if Crane didn't sack his GM and Manager they would vacate all 2017 wins and probably '18 and '19 too as punishment. Also, killed us with draft pick penalties. They had to show some punishment because they knew the players were untouchable.

Can't go after the players because the player's union is WAY too powerful so they all got immunity and signed penalty heavy NDA's to sweep it all under the rug.

If it weren't for fiers none of this would ever have surfaced and would have just been very heavy rumors but nothing more. Thanks you f***ing rat!
Prosperdick
AG
Ag_07 said:

Jesus...Can we get back to Maldy v Diaz talk?
Sorry for responding to the cheating scandal. Yes, Maldy sucks and I hope the front office can put enough pressure on Donkey to finally start giving Diaz some PT, especially with JV and Framber at least one time because the last thing we need in the playoffs is for Verlander or Framber to start pitching to someone they've never thrown to before because 37 year old Maldy ain't indestructable.
FrioAg 00
AG
Anyone still talking Astros cheating smack is either incredibly low IQ, or they are willfully playing dumb in support of their team who we have owned during this run.

The Yankees, Dodgers and Redsox all have plenty of cheating evidence in plain view - the strongest of which is the banner still hanging in our rafters because the MLB ain't gonna do **** to get our guys talking.

It's really not worth responding to at this point.
W
AG
07ag said:

Ag_07 said:

It doesn't matter where it happened.

If the Rays and/or MLB decide that he violated their rules and/or his moral clauses in his contract he's done.

And if it's true that he was hooking up with 14 year old girls then he should be regardless of where it happened.

Trevor Bauer didn't break any laws and he's done and honestly this is way worse.

Wonder how hard mlbpa would fight contract cancellation
this is a good point

the union does not like the low-spending franchises like the Rays.

two years ago the union was very happy to see Tampa get into the mega-contract/extension business with Franco
Ag_07
AG
At the same time they may not have an avenue to fight it if he violated any personal conduct rules and /or clauses.

Honestly if it comes out he was hooking up with under age girls multiple times the Rays may not want any part of it and just eat that contract.

Isn't that what the Dodgers did with Bauer?
Cromagnum
AG
Is the game on stupid apple again?

Edit. Nvmnd. I had the date wrong
texasaggie2015
AG
This. I honestly don't care anymore. Anyone still butthurt about it just wants something to be mad about. It must be exhausting.

It's fun to be hated for once.

Edit to add: The only thing that still rubs me the wrong way it the Altuve hate and accusations. The dude is an incredible human being and has an amazing story and would be such an inspiration for kids if a dildo on the internet didn't start a bogus rumor and thousands of low IQ people went along with it.
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

At the same time they may not have an avenue to fight it if he violated any personal conduct rules and /or clauses.

Honestly if it comes out he was hooking up with under age girls multiple times the Rays may not want any part of it and just eat that contract.

Isn't that what the Dodgers did with Bauer?

Not quite. He got put on a suspended list by MLB which had the effect of letting LA off the hook for the salary. I counted against their luxury tax but they didn't have to pay him out.

I can't imagine TB can/will want to pay him that roughly $180MM
BadAggie
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Anyone still talking Astros cheating smack is either incredibly low IQ, or they are willfully playing dumb in support of their team who we have owned during this run.

The Yankees, Dodgers and Redsox all have plenty of cheating evidence in plain view - the strongest of which is the banner still hanging in our rafters because the MLB ain't gonna do **** to get our guys talking.

It's really not worth responding to at this point.

Correct. Only Astros and Red Sox came away with the hardware.

Lol Yankees cheated and still didn't win.

Also lol Kennesaw Mountain Manfred writing 'private letters' to his favorite team. Oh but this was a serious violation of the integrity of the game. Lol

spadilly
S
So effortless and smooth.

Dies Irae
Wait till Dusty starts platooning Yordan and Brantley in LF while still sitting out Diaz and DH'ing Kessinger
Ag_07
AG
He better tell Dusty he's ready now so he can make it back in the lineup before the season ends.
amercer
AG
Ohtani with a 410 foot pop fly to center. He absolutely got under it.

Incredible
BadAggie
AG
Dr. Smooth
Frok
AG

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&tbnid=fnPr3KpfdjBIwM&vet=1&imgrefurl=https://giphy.com/gifs/theoffice-USfXP6QarUCTqU4GXu&docid=WLcIDYQhkotHEM&w=480&h=400&source=sh/x/im/2
Me trying to figure out what the heck you are talking about
AgSportsFan89
AG
spadilly said:

I was watching that AB. Just a couple pitches earlier he laced a 106 mph foul ball just feet from another hr according to the announcer
SW-14
AG
I'm impressed with how tuned up Brantley is looking after being out for so long. Thought it would take him much longer to knock off the rust. Who knows, maybe he actually will contribute this year…
amercer
AG
You guys don't watch highlights on off days?
Prosperdick
AG
SW-14 said:

I'm impressed with how tuned up Brantley is looking after being out for so long. Thought it would take him much longer to knock off the rust. Who knows, maybe he actually will contribute this year…
Professional. Hitter.
Beat40
SW-14 said:

I think pure hitters always have it. He's like Altuve, another pure hitter. They don't need long rehab stints to start hitting. They're just going to do it. Pure hitters are some of the most gifted eye-hand coordinated athletes in the world, and MB is one of them.

If his shoulder felt good through the weekend, I'd play I'm Monday.
W
AG
watching the MLB network...

apparently the Dodgers did the Brewers dirty on getaway day.

the game is currently in the 6th inning in Los Angeles at 10:30pm Central

first pitch for the Brewers in Arlington tomorrow night is 7:05pm Central

Milwaukee should get to their hotel in DFW around 7am

not cool
BadAggie
AG
Uncle Mike hasn't played in a MLB game for about 14 months.

Given the severity of his injury, surgery, recovery, and rehabilitation setbacks, just making it back to the active roster and putting in ABs off the bench would be quite the accomplishment.

But this is TexAgs.

Altuve
Brantley
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Abreu
Diaz
McCormick
Peña

The golden lineup is within reach.
txags92
AG
BadAggie said:

Given the severity of his injury, surgery, recovery, and rehabilitation setbacks, just making it back to the active roster and putting in ABs off the bench would be quite the accomplishment.

But this is TexAgs.

Altuve
Brantley
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Abreu
Diaz
McCormick
Peña

Abreu has done nothing this season to deserve hitting ahead of Chaz and Diaz. And Yordan should be hitting no lower than 3.

Altuve
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Brantley
McCormick
Diaz
Abreu
Peña

Would be a better setup. But no way would dusty hit that many lefties in a row…
W
AG
the four .900 OPS guys need to be in the top 6

something like 1, 3, 4, 6 would work
BadAggie
AG
We'll see once Abreu returns from the chiropractor's office.
AggiEE
spadilly said:

8 RBIs already??
AggiEE
I hope Abreu stays injured so we can keep lefty singleton in the lineup
AggiEE
txags92 said:

BadAggie said:

But this is TexAgs.

Altuve
Brantley
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Abreu
Diaz
McCormick
Peña

Abreu has done nothing this season to deserve hitting ahead of Chaz and Diaz. And Yordan should be hitting no lower than 3.

Altuve
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Brantley
McCormick
Diaz
Abreu
Peña

Would be a better setup. But no way would dusty hit that many lefties in a row…

Altuve
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
McCormick
Diaz
Brantley
Singleton
Pena

I want the power hitters at the meat of the lineup.
First Page Last Page
Page 1761 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.