***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,447,813 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which is the proper fit for a suit

I imagine this is how all you dorks want your suits to fit

jkag89
How to do spoiler tags

Machete!, Mancini, Doobie
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think JV is rocking 187k Patek.

So he's rocking a 200k watch, a ring with a value of who knows what, a tailored suit that I bet costs at least $10k and he's drinking hotel coffee out of a paper cup.
RED AG 98
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

I know absolutely nothing about watches other than how to tell time, but why would JV's watch have a dark circle in the upper left side and your image doesn't?

Never mind - his is "upside down" in the picture. /duh
bearkatag15
AG

Singleton getting the callup?
JakAg93
AG
Dana Brown hinted at it yesterday. I suppose it could also be Brantley?
CFTXAG10
AG
SOON.

Buck Compton
AG
To be fair to them, Dubon's are way too high. Peña's are a bit too high as well. JV's is the proper length.
bearkatag15
AG
JakAg93 said:

Steve Sparks on 790 this morning seemed very confident Brantley will contribute this year
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

Which is the proper fit for a suit

I imagine this is how all you dorks want your suits to fit

Not even close. Mine don't break but they sure as hell aren't high water capris either
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

texasaggie2015
AG
JakAg93 said:

Nope.
Mr.Bond
AG
Brantley ain't playing
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

texasaggie2015
AG
Nothing has changed. Brantley is not going to contribute this year. If by some miracle he does, it's going to be in a very limited role.
Buck Compton
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think JV is rocking 187k Patek.

So he's rocking a 200k watch, a ring with a value of who knows what, a tailored suit that I bet costs at least $10k and he's drinking hotel coffee out of a paper cup.
True. But at least that's a Four Seasons they're staying at. Coffee is going to be much better than "hotel coffee". It'll be better than Starbucks or anything else, too
Ag_07
AG
I will say the short suit pants are easier for world class athletes to pull off than it is for my fat ass.
gigemJTH12
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Nothing has changed. Brantley is not going to contribute this year. If by some miracle he does, it's going to be in a very limited role.
why is he taking BP then?

not doubting you just genuinely curious.

weird that Blum and TK still talk about him working his way back. seems like if it was that clear cut they would be informed and not saying those type things on broadcast (okay this part is kind of doubting you lol)
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Probably best for Corey to go down and get some regular playing time and get his swing / confidence back in low pressure situations. He wasn't going to get consistent enough playing time in the majors to work through the issues.
Ag_07
AG
Because that's all he can do

He's been taking BP for a year now.

Although I did expect a hanging it up presser after the trade deadline which we haven't gotten yet.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Julks has been optioned to AAA.

Wow!
Julks hasn't played very much lately. I figured that might happen. I think he'll be part of September call-ups though.
texasaggie2015
AG
I mean, what is he supposed to do? Stay at home? It's just a part of the whole rehab process.

And do you really think the broadcast crew will just spill inside info on air? They're hired by the Astros. If the Astros don't want injury info out there, they're probably told to not spill it.
bearkatag15
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Even as a bench bat in late inning situations, that is still contributing.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

why is he taking BP then?

not doubting you just genuinely curious.

weird that Blum and TK still talk about him working his way back. seems like if it was that clear cut they would be informed and not saying those type things on broadcast (okay this part is kind of doubting you lol)
Blum and TK are employed by the team. Their marching orders are to not say anything negative about the team or players and make everything sunshine and rainbows all the time. Of course they're going to speak glowingly about the possibilities.

If, by some miracle he comes back, I imagine it's in September and he's only used for pinch hit duties.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've been saying this since around May and some of you just don't believe me at all hahaha.

Also... taking batting practice on the field is still way different than seeing live pitching.
gigemJTH12
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I mean, what is he supposed to do? Stay at home? It's just a part of the whole rehab process.

And do you really think the broadcast crew will just spill inside info on air? They're hired by the Astros. If the Astros don't want injury info out there, they're probably told to not spill it.
no I dont think they would say hes done for the year. I would expect them to not constantly mention the chance of him coming back tho
texasaggie2015
AG
I mean... technically there's always a chance
Mr.Bond
AG

MAGA

EastCoastAgNc
AG
I tried to look this up this weekend, but couldn't find it. Someone mentioned that Singleton is doing most of his damage against fastballs in the minors. Can anyone find his stats by pitch type with Sugar Land? I would imagine he's not gonna get anything fast/straight (other than maybe against teams like the A's or Royals) since the breaking stuff has been his downfall in the majors so far.
Farmer1906
AG
Jon Singleton Stats

2022 - AAA (first domestic professional ball since 2017)
581 PA
.219 BA
.375 OBP
.434 SLG
.809 OPS

2022 - AAA (MIL + HOU)
364 PA
.289 BA
.409 OBP
.567 SLG
.976 OPS

He is a walk machine! BB% > 20% last year and over 17% this year.

Batted ball profile is lots of line drives, fly balls, and too many pop ups. Some ground balls, obviously, but low when compared to most.

CFTXAG10
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

no I dont think they would say hes done for the year. I would expect them to not constantly mention the chance of him coming back tho
Unfortunately, I am also in the camp that believes he won't be back at all this year. However, I do find it odd that TK and Blum, and even Julia continue to make comments, post videos, and build up the fact that he is hitting more and more. To the point that they are making everyone think he is close to returning. Seems odd.
texasaggie2015
AG
How mad will y'all be when it's Bligh Madris getting called up?
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I tried to look this up this weekend, but couldn't find it. Someone mentioned that Singleton is doing most of his damage against fastballs in the minors. Can anyone find his stats by pitch type with Sugar Land? I would imagine he's not gonna get anything fast/straight (other than maybe against teams like the A's or Royals) since the breaking stuff has been his downfall in the majors so far.
I don't think that info is in the public anywhere unless you look game by game. I checked out his HRs only and made a post a few days back.

12 HR
9 vs RHP
3 vs LHP

5 off 4 Seams
3 off change up
3 off slider
1 off curve
Ag_07
AG
Singleton is going to be the next Tyler White isn't he?

Come up to the show and knock the cover off the ball, win AL player of the month, then teams will realize you just have throw anything that spins and he won't do anything remotely close to his first month, we'll all bltch endlessly, and eventually he'll end up getting DFA'd.
gigemJTH12
AG
this is what I was saying

above they took my comment as why isnt blummer and TK telling us he is out for the year.

not what I am saying.

but if he is more than likely done you'd think their marching orders would be to not mention Brantley at all and have the general publics hopes up.

they are always showing his BP clips and talking about what his return would mean.
Mr.Bond
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'll scissor kick you in the jugular

MAGA

Jackal99
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

You hush! Don't put that jinx on us.
First Page Last Page
Page 1556 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.