***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,454,249 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

What's up with Correa?

Would have never guessed he'd have a pretty healthy season but that he wasn't a good hitter anymore.

He got rich and left a contender for a mediocre team. Same thing happened to Kris Bryant.

They lost that hunger I guess
Boiling Denim
W said:

the Mariners (59-52) win again over the Angels (56-56)

need LAAA to salvage the finale tomorrow

Seattle has a cupcake August schedule with 13 games vs. the A's, Royals, and White Sox

Yeah I was hoping the Mariners wouldn't pick up steam before their soft as charmin end of august. They'll be crawling right up our arses to add to the wild card race
W
AG
Correa was an odd and bad fit in Minnesota from day 1

it's going to be a long 6 years
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Quote:

Anderson didn't talk to reporters in Cleveland to give his side of the story, but he's definitely facing some discipline from the league. (Ramrez told reporters, via team interpreter Agustn Rivero: "He's been disrespecting the game for a while. It's not from yesterday or from before. I even had the chance to tell him during the game, 'Don't do this stuff. That's disrespectful. Don't start tagging people like that.' In reality, we're here trying to find ways to provide for our families. When he does the things he does on the bases, it can get somebody out of the game. So I was telling him to stop doing that and then as soon as the play happened, he tagged me again really hard, more than needed, and then he reacted and said, 'I want to fight.' And if you want to fight, I have to defend myself.")
tjack16
AG
Any guesses on how the lineup makes us mad today?

I'm going to guess a random day off for one of the big guys.
Wabs
AG
tjack16 said:

Any guesses on how the lineup makes us mad today?

I'm going to guess a random day off for one of the big guys.

I bet Julks and Meyers in, Diaz and Chas out.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick
AG
One last comment about yesterday. In that first inning Altuve has a great first AB and draws a walk. Now Cortes is pitching from the stretch and of course easily strikes out Pena on 4 pitches.

What if Bregman is up in that situation with Yordan looming on the on deck circle like the monster he is. Does Cortes retain his confidence facing a batter with a great eye like Breggy?

Yes I know he struck out Bregman after he regained his confidence with Pena and Tucker but having Altuve on base, a threat to steal, with a guy like Bregman who will usually make you at least throw a bunch of pitches, might have altered the outcome.

Pitchers know the lineup, they study it and how they'll attack it. Cortes knew he could bear down after the walk to Altuve, especially with Pena and get into a favorable situation with Yordan leading off the 2nd. If he's facing Bregman knowing he has Yordan and Tucker up next, that's a lot of pressure early on in the game.

Anyway, I'll move on now and see if Dusty learned his lesson from yesterday. Not holding my breath.
Harry Dunne
Prosperdick said:

Anyway, I'll move on now and see if Dusty learned his lesson from yesterday. Not holding my breath.
tremble
AG
Much better lineup today other than Maldonado still wasting space.
tjack16
AG
Alvarez 3, tucker 4

Guess Dusty learned his lesson after all
AustinCountyAg
I've been saying something similar for weeks. Bregman is perfect in the two hole on any team. He works the count and is a high contact guy.

Peña, in the two hole is completely ****ing stupid the way he's currently hitting.

For todays game, I expect Julks in Chaz out, Meyers in CF, and Maldy to start with diaz not starting, again.
tjack16
AG

If I'm Diaz, I'm setting up a meeting with somebody. Dusty is screwing him out of a rookie of the year campaign at this point. Which also would help us get a compensatory pick next year … that we need
CoachAg19
AG
tjack16 said:

If I'm Diaz, I'm setting up a meeting with somebody. Dusty is screwing him out of a rookie of the year campaign at this point. Which also would help us get a compensatory pick next year … that we need

I'd be going in there with that argument if I'm JP France. Unfortunately, Diaz hasn't played nearly enough to be in the running for that award.
Class of 2010
tjack16
AG
CoachAg19 said:

tjack16 said:

I'd be going in there with that argument if I'm JP France. Unfortunately, Diaz hasn't played nearly enough to be in the running for that award.

That's the point. If he had everyday playing time like he should, he'd be up there with Jung for HR and firmly in the race. But Dusty plays him 50% of the time

He's been on the roster all year and has only played in 69 of the 112 games. And not to mention a lot of those "games appeared in" weren't starts.

His 162 game stats projected are 30 HR, 76 RBI.
CoachAg19
AG
100% agree.
My bad, I misunderstood your original comment. I thought you meant that Diaz is in the race and going to lose it because of the lineup choices.
Class of 2010
Buck Compton
AG
tjack16 said:

CoachAg19 said:

tjack16 said:

That's the point. If he had everyday playing time like he should, he'd be up there with Jung for HR and firmly in the race. But Dusty plays him 50% of the time
Yep. He's played in 69 games, but some of those weren't even starts. He's on pace for 355 PAs this year. Maybe less now that JV is back.

Put him at 450 PAs and he's looking at 26 HRs, 26 2Bs, ~63 RBIs, and a WAR somewhere around 3.0 as a rookie. 450 is not even starting every day. And that's basically without ever drawing a walk.

Literally the only real hole in his resume is the K/BB ratio. And it's not like Maldy can hold that over him because he strikes out just as much.
maca1028
I've lost all confidence in this old fart. Biden might as well be managing this team.
CFTXAG10
AG
maca1028 said:

I've lost all confidence in this old fart. Biden might as well be managing this team.

I wish Dusty was a puppet
CoachAg19
AG
I don't care too much about the K/BB ratio, especially when you compare it to the number of K with almost the same number of AB. Maldy has 94 K in 251 AB. Diaz has 43 K in 232 AB.
Class of 2010
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Alvarez 3, tucker 4

Guess Dusty learned his lesson after all
Good job Dusty! There might be hope for you after all and you've got Chas batting 5th and not 7th. Excellent. Yes Maldy is still going to kill us at the bottom of the order and Dusty hasn't learned to find a place for Diaz yet but I'll take any progress I can get.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
If you are anderson and you just got punked do you

a) toe the line and realize you aren't that guy, your just a ***** in everybody's book
b) cause a melee the next time you play CLE and make sure you clock someone even if it's a little cheap

Ags #1
AG
We have to carry a 3rd catcher so dusty will let diaz dh, its our only option at this point
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

a) toe the line and realize you aren't that guy, your just a ***** in everybody's book
b) cause a melee the next time you play CLE and make sure you clock someone even if it's a little cheap

A reasonable person would go option a. I predict he doubles down and goes option b.
Boiling Denim
Ags #1 said:

We have to carry a 3rd catcher so dusty will let diaz dh, its our only option at this point

Just put them both in the lineup. Maldy won't come out with an injury anyways he played most of last year with one and even if he does comes out and we lose the DH a pitcher is nearly as effective as Maldy at the plate anyways.
Ags #1
AG
Not that I disagree but the way dusty thinks that would take away one of his reasons for not playing diaz at dh
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

A reasonable person would go option a. I predict he doubles down and goes option b.

if that happened in my office to me, i'd either quit or come back throwing haymakers.
jah003
S
Just strolling in this am to see if we are complaining about Dusty's lineup or not…
Mr.Bond
AG
jah003 said:

Just strolling in this am to see if we are complaining about Dusty's lineup or not…

It's better. Still no Diaz which is absurd
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ags #1
AG
pretty close to his best lineup minus diaz of course
jah003
S
Oh the gif was not directed at his lineup.
Conchovalleyag
AG
So, if you're the GM and don't like the lineup over and over again…wouldn't you fire him now?
tjack16
AG
Conchovalleyag said:

So, if you're the GM and don't like the lineup over and over again…wouldn't you fire him now?

The players would riot if he did that. They all love him…. as moronic as he is they do.
Farmer1906
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1527 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.