***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,458,799 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
JohnLA762
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jetch17 said:

That last one was past the clock

You want them to send it to New York for review?

Lolz.
Beau Holder
AG
Is this team really about to get one-hit in JV's first start.
tremble
AG
Dusty ****ing sucks at every part of his job. He doesn't protect his teams against terrible calls and he doesn't play efficient lineups. What the **** does he do exactly?
Buck Compton
AG
Tucker completely lost today. So are Bregs and Yordan though, so for once I won't even blame Dusty for that.

Can't have 2-5 in the lineup be 0-9 with 7Ks and expect to score.
CoachAg19
AG
The Beef01 said:

When both Bregman and Altuve thought they had walks and got rung up, that's damning. Those are guys I fully trust to know the zone and are quick to acknowledge when they were "gotten."

Bregs has the best eye for the zone in all of baseball. He will almost never chase a ball out of the zone unless the umpire is forcing him to.
Class of 2010
Kashchei
AG
Welcome back JV. Not much has changed since you've been away.
astros4545
AG
Shift rules do not apply to the Yankees apparently
Mathguy64
AG
I want to see te before shot of that SS. That ball was ripped and he fielded it well left of the bag. Like he was in a full shift.
aggie813
This ump sucks donkey dicks!
n_touch
I can tell your wives or kids are around during a Saturday game day, the posting is very tame
Aggie8587
AG
Buck Compton said:

Tucker completely lost today. So are Bregs and Yordan though, so for once I won't even blame Dusty for that.

First 2 ABs were rough but that was a solid AB there. Worked the count, fouled off some tough pitches, and hit a line drive back up the middle
AggieJ2002
AG
Buck Compton said:

Tucker just squared that one up at 102.7 mph ... I'd hardly say that is completely lost
tjack16
AG
We really can't afford to lose this game with the Rangers playing the marlins at home.
MisterFurious
AG
Beau Holder said:

Is this team really about to get one-hit in JV's first start.

This lineup has 4 batters that are well below league average in every offensive metric when you look at the last two months. Maldi is the equivalent of old school NL pitchers getting AB's. He just one example.
Buck Compton
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I want to see te before shot of that SS. That ball was ripped and he fielded it well left of the bag. Like he was in a full shift.
Wouldn't doubt he was shifted since the pitch clock doesn't apply to the Yankees either. More likely he started right at the bag and ran left on the pitch.
JohnLA762
AG
Where TF is that pitch at, blue!
Dies Irae
Isaiah Jiner Falafel
The Beef01
AG
Ball 1 to Kiner-Falefa has been a strike all day on almost that same spot for each Yankees' pitcher.
AggieJ2002
AG
Mathguy64 said:

That is a challengeable play so id assume the Astros are watching stuff like that.

The pitcher dramatically slowed that ball down with his glove so I imagine that gave the SS time to get there
halfastros81
AG
I'm no batting coach but is anyone else noticing a lot of back shoulder dropping by the Astros?
Ciboag96
Sit down oral fixation boy
Boiling Denim
tjack16 said:

We really can't afford to lose this game with the Rangers playing the marlins at home.

If this is our lineup for our ace the Rangers are the least of our worries
Buck Compton
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

Buck Compton said:

Tucker just squared that one up at 102.7 mph ... I'd hardly say that is completely lost
He got exit velocity on it, but it wasn't a good swing. And he was fouling off pitches but wasn't comfortable.

And it didn't look like 102.7 either. It must've had some crazy spin on it because it was already looping at second. Not screaming. Unless the pitcher got a piece of it.

Either way, the point stands. Can't have your lineup do that and expect to score.
heavens11
AG
Amazing job by JV after the lack of command early. Let's get some offense to get him a lead
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
JohnnyTexAg1995
Buck Compton said:

AggieJ2002 said:

Buck Compton said:

He got exit velocity on it, but it wasn't a good swing. And he was fouling off pitches but wasn't comfortable.

And it didn't look like 102.7 either. It must've had some crazy spin on it because it was already looping at second. Not screaming.

Either way, the point stands. Can't have your lineup do that and expect to score.
pitcher got a glove on it and slowed it down. That ball was absolutely ripped
Gig 'Em and God Bless
3B Paul 97
AG
We have one stinking' hit?
JohnLA762
AG
"Daddy issues"

Oh my!
Mr.Ackar07
So far the Astros have put 7 balls in play, struck out 12 times, and were caught stealing.
MisterFurious
AG
halfastros81 said:

I'm no batting coach but is anyone else noticing a lot of back shoulder dropping by the Astros?

When there are dudes in the lineup that have looked like call ups, or beer league softball, it's hard to really diagnose the swing. I think I've seen Kessinger get 1 hit…1…like ever when I've been watching.
jetch17
AG
We need a donger
RED AG 98
AG
I always appreciate the radio team's music intros. Someone there does a really good job.
spadilly
S
Get your stuff together, ATTSSW
Farmer1906
AG
Yordan gunna leave the yard.
JohnLA762
AG
Why does the home plate ump have Judges wrist sweat band on?

The fix is in!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
This broadcast has monkey pox
First Page Last Page
Page 1515 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.