***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,457,346 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2ndChanceAg96 said:

I just thought Dubon had been a little better recently than Meyers. I just felt he was better in clutch situations with his ABs. Meyers just stinks at the plate and I hate watching him.
Yeah, like 2015 said. Dubon has been playing like someone who gets cut after spring training. Meyers wasn't great the last month, but about double the run production of Dubon. Since July 1

AustinCountyAg
I'd bet good money Dana or someone in the office made that lineup and gave him an ultimatum to use it. No way in hell that dumbass switches it up that much at the drop of a dime.

Either way, about damn time we have a lineup that all of us slaps have been praying for for months. It's really not that damn difficult
redline248
AG
And the fact Dubon was given almost all of those 100 PA in the leadoff spot while hitting like that...
2ndChanceAg96
AG
LOL. Perception versus reality I guess. I just hate Meyers.
RED AG 98
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

No problem. Spoke with Dusty last night.
Have we ever seen 2015 and DB at the same time?
Boiling Denim
No Judge tonight. Think the Yanks are fine punting this game considering Severino's penchant for blowing up games lately

9 runs tonight please
tjack16
AG
RED AG 98 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

No problem. Spoke with Dusty last night.
Have we ever seen 2015 and DB at the same time?

Is 2015 which of the following

A. Ketch
B. Dusty Baker
C. All of the above
D. None of the above
E. He's an AI sent to troll the Rangers
texasaggie2015
AG
If y'all want more mystery added, I was told yesterday that the Astros are seriously considering moving Luis Garcia to the bullpen when he gets healthy. They think he has elite relief stuff and could be dominant coming out of the pen.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

If y'all want more mystery added, I was told yesterday that the Astros are seriously considering moving Luis Garcia to the bullpen when he gets healthy. They think he has elite relief stuff and could be dominant coming out of the pen.
Well he certainly looked elite against Seattle in the playoffs.
redline248
AG
It won't matter for almost 2 years?
f1ghtintexasaggie
https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/15i9paz/att_sportsnet_home_of_the_astros_and_rockets_tv/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=2

FYI
Teddy Perkins
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/15i9paz/att_sportsnet_home_of_the_astros_and_rockets_tv/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=2

FYI
Source: https://awfulannouncing.com/wbd/david-zaslav-sale-shutdown-rsns.html
Warner Bros. Discovery, the parent company of AT&T SportsNet has confirmed by CEO David Zaslav that the Regional Sports Network will cease operations by the end of the year.

AT&T SportsNet consists of Four Channels: Southwest (Houston Astros, Rockets), Pittsburgh (Pirates, Penguins), Rocky Mountain (Utah Jazz, Colorado Rockies, Vegas Golden Knights), and Root Sports Northwest (Seattle Mariners, Seattle Kraken, Portland Trail Blazers)

As for the Southwest Division is concerned, the Astros and Rockets expect to purchase the network in order to keep broadcasting games.

As far as the broadcasting team is concerned, Todd Kalas, Geoff Blum, Julia Morales will continue to be a part of the broadcasting team as they are employed by the Astros organization and not AT&T SportsNet.

For the other broadcast team (Kevin Eschenfelder, Mike Stanton, Brian Bogusevic, Michael Bourn, Clay Hensley) for pregame and postgame, they would likely have to re-negotiate contracts as they work for AT&T/WBD, not the team if they'll continue.

In terms of how the games will be distributed after the shutdown whether through Over-the-Air Antenna, Cable or Satellite, Streaming through MLB.tv (very likely). are possible options.
texasaggie2015
AG
Sure, just relaying what I was told. They've been considering this for a while now.
Texaggie7nine
k20dub said:

If Dusty is gone next year, this thread is going to have about 40% less posts on it just from no one *****ing about Dusty's lineups...
That 40% will be *****ing at the new skipper. I mean that's what the threads were for Hitch, Porter...
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Beat40 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Beat40 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I'm not a fan of Dusty's lineups but I don't have a problem with Yordon batting where he is. Dusty has always taken the approach of, you have to win your spot back after coming back from injury, and Yordon hasn't done that yet.

Now why Chas isn't batting higher up....
But for Yordan that is ****ing stupid. Yordan shouldn't have to win anything back. He's the best hitter on the team and there is no way in hell you can justify him batting 5th. Just none.
I respect no special exceptions. Earn it.

So if Patrick Mahomes gets hurt before the season, will be out 8 weeks, and Blane Gabbert is having a really good start to the season, Mahomes should have to earn the starting spot back when he's ready to go week 9?

It's freaking Yordan Alvarez we're talking about here. You don't tell him to earn it and bat him 5th.
You seriously comparing a QB position in FB to a hitting position in lineup?
7nine
Mr President Elect
AG
I wonder if we get Playoff Dusty a little bit earlier this year as we look to be in a dogfight until the end of the season, or if today's lineup was just a fluke.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Altuve 2B
Bregman 3B
Alvarez DH
Tucker RF
Diaz C
Abreu 1B
McCormick LF
Peña SS
Meyers CF

All things considered... not bad.
I'm confused... this doesn't look like a Dusty lineup

He's just screwing with us at this point. This line up would've put us first in division
redline248
AG
Quote:

As for the Southwest Division is concerned, the Astros and Rockets expect to purchase the network in order to keep broadcasting games
Does this mean that more providers will be able to show them on TV instead of just Directv and Fubo?
Beat40
Texaggie7nine said:

Beat40 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Beat40 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I'm not a fan of Dusty's lineups but I don't have a problem with Yordon batting where he is. Dusty has always taken the approach of, you have to win your spot back after coming back from injury, and Yordon hasn't done that yet.

Now why Chas isn't batting higher up....
But for Yordan that is ****ing stupid. Yordan shouldn't have to win anything back. He's the best hitter on the team and there is no way in hell you can justify him batting 5th. Just none.
I respect no special exceptions. Earn it.

So if Patrick Mahomes gets hurt before the season, will be out 8 weeks, and Blane Gabbert is having a really good start to the season, Mahomes should have to earn the starting spot back when he's ready to go week 9?

It's freaking Yordan Alvarez we're talking about here. You don't tell him to earn it and bat him 5th.
You seriously comparing a QB position in FB to a hitting position in lineup?
Yes. It's not about sport, it's about the person. Mahomes is an MVP and Alvarez is an MVP caliber player. Those guys have already earned it and they don't have to earn their spot back coming from an injury.

It's clear we're going to disagree on this, and that's fine. We both want the Astros to win.
n_touch
redline248 said:

Quote:

As for the Southwest Division is concerned, the Astros and Rockets expect to purchase the network in order to keep broadcasting games
Does this mean that more providers will be able to show them on TV instead of just Directv and Fubo?
I hope so. I don't watch enough TV to worry about cable, but it would be really nice to have the game on in the background each night.
AggieJ2002
AG
The best part of Maldy having a 3-3 night was that it finally forced Dusty to reconsider playing him
OKCAg2002
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

The best part of Maldy having a 3-3 night was that it finally forced Dusty to reconsider playing him
Prosperdick
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

Ha ha…I was about to post the same exact thing! Go 3-3, I need to finally pinch hit your ass and tomorrow you need to cool off on the bench, son.
Beat40
n_touch said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

I hope so. I don't watch enough TV to worry about cable, but it would be really nice to have the game on in the background each night.
All I want is for the games to be on MLB TV and no blackouts. I'd pay for MLB every year if they did that.

What I really think would be cool to happen is if a group of teams, say the Astros, Rangers, Royals, Miami, and several others would group together and sell production rights to someone like Apple TV.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Of all the people to move to the bullpen, why choose your (statically) best starting pitcher?
Ag_07
AG
I thought JP was just being bumped and was gonna start in BAL?

What an absolute kick in the nuts to a guy that was ballin out and actually on the board as a ROY candidate.

Nope...To the BP you go
Blackbeard94
AG
I have to say that is a head scratcher
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Of all the people to move to the bullpen, why choose your (statically) best starting pitcher?
At some point I think France was going to get lit up, so maybe they're looking at it that way.

I did wonder when teams were going to start just first pitch swinging against him because he was getting that first pitch strike a LOT and many times it looked pretty hittable.

ETA - he did earn the right to continue starting so I hope this means Urquidy looks really good or we'll go from b*tching about the lineup to b*tching about the rotation lol.
Chrundle the Great
AG
I'm guessing he means as an emergency tandem starter for that game if Jose struggles not permanently bullpen.
k20dub
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

I'm guessing he means as an emergency tandem starter for that game if Jose struggles not permanently bullpen.
This. Put the pitchforks down...
RC_57
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Dusty reads TexAgs - that lineup is proof

Somebody reads TexAgs for Dusty.

You know good and well he can't get TexAgs on a flip phone.
chlavinka
AG
He would be a great long reliever since he has trouble going more than 4 anyway
chlavinka
AG
Texags is the best Astros blog there is so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Dusty reads it.
texasaggie2015
AG
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

And this is what I love about Dusty and how he can connect with players and even younger players...and he knows what makes them tick, like not having Pressly up in the bully when Framber went out for the 9th because he knew it had bothered him in the past.

That's Dusty's best trait by far...now stick with this lineup (move Chas ahead of Abreu if he keeps raking) and lets f***ing go!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 1488 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.