***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,527,050 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tremble
AG
Why the **** is Maton going two innings? Holy ****, Dusty has ****ing lost it
tremble
AG
Trade must mean Eovaldi is likely done for the year
BadAggie
AG
Lol Dusty is off his effing rocker
CoachAg19
AG
This is what I was wondering as well. His injury must be worse than they expected.
At the end of the day though, the Rangers are a good team. We'll see if they can put it all together in October, but they're going to be a tough out for anybody.
Class of 2010
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie said:

Lol Dusty is off his effing rocker

He's trying to prove to everyone how smart he is. So far he's displaying it well.
Mathguy64
AG
If Crane wants to win he needs to make a hard choice.

He can be loyal to Dusty and either not make the playoffs or go out early.

Or he can fire him.

Because these choices today should get him canned.

Maton had no business getting warm much less going 2 innings.
BadAggie
AG
TIL THEIR ARMS FALL OFF

3rdgenAg3
AG
The sad reality is with us winning it all last year and being in contention this year Dusty has a lot of **** up room for a couple years. It sucks because he is a piece of **** who shouldn't be running any baseball team in the country.
Farmer1906
AG
That's their #4 prospect and #64 overall in Tekoah Robbie per Fangraphs. Thomas was their #16 and King wasn't on their top 45.

They're farm system is deep enough that it's not being emptied, but they're selling off a ton to get guys for .5 to 1.5 years.
Mr Gigem
AG
CoachAg19 said:

This is what I was wondering as well. His injury must be worse than they expected.
At the end of the day though, the Rangers are a good team. We'll see if they can put it all together in October, but they're going to be a tough out for anybody.

His MRI was clean
Mathguy64
AG
They are selling assets to win a WS. Can't say as I blame them. We did it for JV and it worked. We tried it with Greinke and it was a pole shot from working.
3rdgenAg3
AG
I can't seem to understand how we are so bad at home.
tremble
AG
Mr Gigem said:

CoachAg19 said:

His MRI was clean

So was Brantley, Garcia's, etc.
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

Or he can fire him.

So, Crane isn't firing Dusty 2 months away from the postseason. Just not going to happen.

I've also seen a lot of lamenting Dana isn't forcing Dusty's hand on the lineup. Well, he can't because Dusty had a ton of pull with Crane. You want Crane to make a tough decision, it would be for him to allow Dana to dictate how much Maldy plays.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

They are selling assets to win a WS. Can't say as I blame them. We did it for JV and it worked. We tried it with Greinke and it was a pole shot from working.

We did do it to win a WS. This guarantees them nothing tho. Padres unloaded to get Snell, Soto, & Hader (all 3 light years better than what Tex just did) and they didn't make a WS last year and don't look like they will this year either.
Beat40
The frustrating thing to me the Astros best hitter is hitting 5th and a starter doesn't have to face him in the 1st at all. Just stupid to me.
Farmer1906
AG
How wild are Maldy's zone. Center cut pitches are only being hit at a .205 clip. How?
Mathguy64
AG
Beat40 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Or he can fire him.

So, Crane isn't firing Dusty 2 months away from the postseason. Just not going to happen.

I've also seen a lot of lamenting Dana isn't forcing Dusty's hand on the lineup. Well, he can't because Dusty had a ton of pull with Crane. You want Crane to make a tough decision, it would be allowing him to dictate how much Maldy plays.

He won't. But he should. If someone in his real world business made these levels and types of decisions Crane would can his butt. You don't make the money Crane made without making those calls.
Mr.Bond
AG
Farmer1906 said:

How wild are Maldy's zone. Center cut pitches are only being hit at a .205 clip. How?

205 for maldy is like 490 for an average MLB player
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
This is the correct take IMO

Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

Beat40 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Or he can fire him.

I've also seen a lot of lamenting Dana isn't forcing Dusty's hand on the lineup. Well, he can't because Dusty had a ton of pull with Crane. You want Crane to make a tough decision, it would be allowing him to dictate how much Maldy plays.

He won't. But he should. If someone in his real world business made these levels and types of decisions Crane would can his butt. You don't make the money Crane made without making those calls.

But no one in the baseball world ever does when they are in the position the Astros are in. This isn't the business world. It just doesn't happen two months out from the postseason with the team in position to make the postseason.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This is the correct take IMO

Blank tweet
mwm
"Hey. Abreu. See how easy it was to field a ground ball?"
Beat40
Nvm.
Farmer1906
AG
He reposted it.

linkdude
AG
Kessinger in for Tuve in the 8th. Graveman making his Astros redebut.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

We did do it to win a WS. This guarantees them nothing tho. Padres unloaded to get Snell, Soto, & Hader (all 3 light years better than what Tex just did) and they didn't make a WS last year and don't look like they will this year either.

No. We won the WS because we did it once and didn't win when we did it a second time. We did it to increase our chances to win a WS. That's why you do it. To increase your chances.
W
AG
Graveman has the 8th
CoachAg19
AG
Supposedly this was a discussion between Yordan, Tuck, and Dusty where they all agreed that Tuck should stay in the 3-spot. I don't get it at all, but I imagine that they'll switch it up sometime soon. You just HAVE to get Yordan more ABs.
Altuve
Pena
Yordan
Tuck
Bregs
Abreu
Chas
Diaz
Dubon (or Julks)

With no Brantley, this is the ideal lineup IMO. It's been absolutely baffling to me ALL season that, after the success we had with Pena in the 2-spot last year, he's been bounced around the lineup so much. Leave him there for a few weeks behind Altuve, and with Yordan and Tuck behind him, and see what happens. If it isn't working, then you look at Bregs or possibly Chas in that spot if Chas continues to play as well as he has been lately.
Class of 2010
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
And 4 pitch walk
3rdgenAg3
AG
Aaaaaaaand our biggest pick up before the trade deadline so far can't throw strikes either!
linkdude
AG
Sigh...
BadAggie
AG
Ball six
First Page Last Page
Page 1354 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.