***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,537,189 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's just as ridiculous is how many of LAA's 72 are Ohtani's?
bearkatag15
AG

Follow up... Acuna has 1/3 of them
W
AG
regarding the Angels (and perhaps the Mariners too)...

this is happens every year...where too many teams "go for it" at the all-star break...not realizing how the math is stacked against them.

for LAAA or Seattle to make the playoffs...they basically need the Astros or Rangers to collapse...and the AL East to suddenly stop being the best division in MLB.

both of those things are unlikely for the final 60 games of the season
BadAggie
AG
So did the dumbass Angels of Los Angeles of Orange County of California overpay for non elite SP or was that trade reflective of where the market is at?

Lousy time to be looking for decent pitchers it seems.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

good lord that is ridiculous
I've said it on here before. I think Atlanta is getting/using a different baseball. And possibly something with their bats.

You don't get to a team being so far on the extreme tail like this by accident.
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Happygilmore20
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

Just purchased tickets for Astros @ Rangers in Sept. It'll be my first time to MMP-North. Thanks to Mr Gigem for the code he posts every year. I am kind of shocked at how reasonably priced it was.

Is the code texags23 like other years? I'll buy mine today.
What ticket platform does this code work on?
AgLA06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

good lord that is ridiculous
Sometimes stats should make some people start to ask questions.
Mr Gigem
AG
Happygilmore20 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

Just purchased tickets for Astros @ Rangers in Sept. It'll be my first time to MMP-North. Thanks to Mr Gigem for the code he posts every year. I am kind of shocked at how reasonably priced it was.

Is the code texags23 like other years? I'll buy mine today.
What ticket platform does this code work on?

Yes it is

texasrangers.com
BCEDAg
AG
We've all heard rumors about possible trades that Brown may be making but the later this drags on toward the deadline the more less confident I feel that he'll make a deal that brings high end pitching. I was hoping for JV, Giolito , Snell and/or Hader but Giolito has been deal, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Rangers complete a deal for Snell and Hader while they're playing in San Diego. Hope I'm wrong but wish Brown would pull the trigger before that happens.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
3B Paul 97
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Why do they need a guitarist?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
BCEDAg said:

We've all heard rumors about possible trades that Brown may be making but the later this drags on toward the deadline the more less confident I feel that he'll make a deal that brings high end pitching. I was hoping for JV, Giolito , Snell and/or Hader but Giolito has been deal, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Rangers complete a deal for Snell and Hader while they're playing in San Diego. Hope I'm wrong but wish Brown would pull the trigger before that happens.
IMO, if Framber and CJ don't figure something out, adding one starter isn't going to be enough to win a championship. I wonder if Brown is looking at their poor recent performance and this is making him more hesitant to give away our good prospects?
Ag_07
AG
Most trades happen the day of the trade deadline.

Not having anything done days out means nothing.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

After last night, I fully expect those chodes to go after Joe Kelly
BadAggie
AG
In olden times it was known as juicing
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Rendon must be out for the year...
Prosperdick
AG
Ohtani with a complete game shutout of the Tigers. Angels are actually on a roll right now, winners of 8 of their last 10 games.

ETA - Another way to put it is they've won 7 of their last 8 games since we took 2 of 3 (and should have swept them) at their place.
BadAggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

And with what the Angels paid for Gioloto sellers are going to wait
Farmer1906
AG
BadAggie said:

Ag_07 said:

And with what the Angels paid for Gioloto sellers are going to wait

At first blush, I thought that was a lot. But looking at Fangraphs it would be like us giving up Corey Lee & Trey Dombroski. Which is a lot for a rental but also not really going to kill us because we have Diaz (Angels have O' Happpe, the 35 overall prospect).
Farmer1906
AG
Looking at Fangraphs prospect ratings, they have our new draftees and international signees ranked now.

spadilly
S
Off days…

BadAggie
AG
BCEDAg said:

Realistically what would a Snell+Hader package cost the Astros?

MaxPower
Better start checking changes in hat sizes in Atlanta.
Faustus
redline248 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

McInnis said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Just for reference, Mario Mendoza had a .215 career batting average.
If Joey Gallo can find a landing spot next year, he could set the new low by season's end. He is currently 168 games and 410 at bats shy of their cutoff.
There are other guys who have lower averages over 3,000+ at-bats. The Twitter guy just cherry picked the 1,000 game thing so he could have a point. Mike Zunino, who played pretty recently, has 3,098 plate-appearances for his career and hit .199, Gallo's at .197, and Jeff Mathis, who caught for a bunch of teams between 2005-2021, is at .194 with 948 games and 3,015 PA.
Well, I am glad you are alive.

No doubt. Welcome back Porkchop.
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie said:

BCEDAg said:

Realistically what would a Snell+Hader package cost the Astros?

That is, not Forrest Whitley and the razor Bobby Dynamite uses to cut his blow
Maroon&Fight
My twitter timeline today really shows that Arlington fans have no perception of success. Might as well put up a mural of Semien shushing Maldy next to the banner of them taking one out of three vs their fathers
BadAggie
AG
What would be the surprise trade ala Greinke nobody sees coming?

If the pitching market is tough maybe you focus more on offense and hope the return of Urquidy plus maybe an extra bullpen arm helps.
Sex Panther
AG
BadAggie said:

We trade for... Zack Greinke

Need another bat off the bench anyway
BadAggie
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

My twitter timeline today really shows that Arlington fans have no perception of success. Might as well put up a mural of Semien shushing Maldy next to the banner of them taking one out of three vs their fathers

Rangers fans are desperate to celebrate anything. Still lol that to many in their fanbase the top franchise moments were when Ranger players threw punches rather than actually winning anything.
BadAggie
AG
Sex Panther said:

BadAggie said:

We trade for... Zack Greinke

Need another bat off the bench anyway

Seems done. I guess he could eat a few innings
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Yet another day where Diaz doesn't start...thanks Dusty.
First Page Last Page
Page 1299 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.