***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,539,444 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought going in that we would split the first two and then win tonight. Winning the series was the most important thing.

Now we need to keep stacking series wins after this.
cc10106
stoneca said:

If y'all haven't checked out the rangers/Astros trash talk thread it's pretty funny watching the ranger fans "attempting" to trash talk.

They're obviously not used to winning especially against the Champs so I cut em some slack.
BCEDAg
AG
Ags #1 said:

The same guy who was nails in the playoffs last year??
yep same guy
BadAggie
AG
stoneca said:

Never seen a fan base so proud of losing a series, almost feel bad that that's their standard for happiness now

Lost a couple WS
Sucker punched a guy who raked against them
Won a game in July
Had Nolan Ryan at the end of his career

Anything else?
Faustus
That was not fun, but at least I caught it on DVR so the pain became comfortably numb once I started fast forwarding.

Amusingly the run differential increased between the two clubs drastically in the Ranger's favor even though the 'Stros took two of three. We have Baltimore for cover in the RD category though , lucky *******s.
Farmer1906
AG
Chrundle the Great
AG
W said:

it's worth a phone call to the Marlins

just to check

Can you imagine if the Astros just trade for Yuli/Verlander and call it a night.
AggiEE
dixichkn said:

Ciboag96 said:

Rally Diaz
GD it Dusty. DO YOU GET IT YET????

Machete never forgets

And neither does Dusty

the two are bros. Diaz is bad. Machete am good. .760 OPS vs. .550 OPS. DAT'S NERD STUFF mang. Dusty asked Maldy if he wanted to be in the lineup and he said yes. That's how he makes his lineup decisions

this is the way
k20dub
AG
Faustus
NM
Mathguy64
AG
k20dub said:

So much for "the White Sox are not retooling and only want major league talent to compete next year" line.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Angels gotta Angel.

Not only will we let Ohtani walk for nothing and not acquire the king's ransom teams are offering, but we are going to further mortgage our future to acquire rental players that will not take is anywhere.

Enjoy 3rd/4th place.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

k20dub said:

So much for "the White Sox are not retooling and only want major league talent to compete next year" line.

How close are those top prospects? Maybe they'll be ready to come up.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Chrundle the Great
AG

Maldy is savage!
Mr Gigem
AG
You be the judge. Such a weird deal

Ky Bush

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=bush--000ky-

Edgar Quero

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=quero-000edg
BadAggie
AG
Lol Machete.
BadAggie
AG
Maybe Maldy posts here
Ag_07
AG
Only Machete can struggle to bat half his weight and be one of the most unproductive ML players and still be talking mad smack.

I like it
cc10106
No wonder Marcus was so mad. Dude got payback yet still got top-rope'd.
LarryElder
Woah tough guys on the rangers thread bragging about **** talking a little kid what a scummy fan base
aggie813
Their fans crack me up.
texasaggie2015
AG
Was told last night the JV talks have cooled down. Sounds like the Mets upped the asking price. "Less than 50/50 odds" it happens.

It's definitely a sellers market. At this point I expect two bullpen arms and a middle of the rotation starter like Lorenzen or Flaherty/Montgomery.
texasaggie2015
AG
You realize Giolito is a FA next year right? They'll take what they can get from him. They weren't getting big league players with control for him.

Guys like Graveman, Bummer, Cease and others? That's a different story. This doesn't change their plans at all.

I stand by what I said. I've been told they aren't interested in a rebuild and that's evidenced by them telling the market they aren't listening to offers on Cease anymore.
Wabs
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower
Why wouldn't Montgomery have a similar price to Giolito? It wouldn't shock me if teams are asking for Gilbert for a mediocre pitcher rental.
Cromagnum
AG
GiggityAg01 said:

I think their team really implodes after this. You could see the cracks opening last night. I think this game marks the end of their so call mini dynasty and they go back to the cellar.

**** like this is cute from the city that has never won a WS and still talks about the glory days of the Cowboys team 30 years ago.
texasaggie2015
AG
SECcess12
Cromagnum said:

GiggityAg01 said:

I think their team really implodes after this. You could see the cracks opening last night. I think this game marks the end of their so call mini dynasty and they go back to the cellar.

**** like this is cute from the city that has never won a city and still talks about the glory days of the Cowboys team 30 years ago.
When one of your most celebrated moments in franchise history is punching another player, well then there really isn't much to discuss with that fanbase.
texasaggie2015
AG
Honest question. Why do so many of y'all give a **** about what they're saying over on their thread?
Johnsy3
AG
Framber's last 5 starts:
vs TEX: 3.2/8H/6ER
@OAK: 5.0/6H/4ER
@LAA: 6.1/7H/5ER
vs SEA: 6.0/5H/2ER
@STL: 6.0/8H/4ER
Big Al 1992
AG
Who knew Parker McCollum was a huge Astro Fan?!

McInnis
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Just for reference, Mario Mendoza had a .215 career batting average.
Ag_07
AG
Framber has not been good as of late and to me it seems it's back to the mental struggles.

His stuff looks good and he's cruising then all of a sudden gets flustered and the wheels fall off.

He needs to spend some more time with that shrink and get right.
First Page Last Page
Page 1296 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.