***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,552,463 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

Mr President Elect said:

Furlock Bones said:

Mr President Elect said:

BadAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

Anyone questioning the call at the plate.

Lol Arlington must be viewing that play at the plate from the grassy knoll.

I re-watched the play on the Rangers broadcast and they showed a lot more angles. His entire foot was clearly above (as in, not touching) the plate in that pic (from another angle). Honestly, I think it was not being able to see clearly where his heel landed at the end that saved him, and maybe NY not wanting to overturn that kind of play.
i saw the views. the reason they did not overturn the call on the field is there is no conclusive evidence. his foot pops up after what looks like he caught the edge of the plate. but, the video can't see it. so, if they had said he was out, then that call would have stood.

its hard to take the fandom out of it. but, in my eyes, he caught the edge of the plate. but, he very well could have missed the edge by a millimeter and his spike dug the dirt and not the plate. no one will ever know.
I'm pretty much with you. I thought where his foot came up and came back down were both inconclusive. To me, neither looked like they touched, but neither showed that he clearly didn't touch. Not trying to argue for him to be out here, btw.

Edit: The view at the 38 second mark is the best view imo, but I still think inconclusive:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/38065640

My thing is:

This level of minutia is not what replay is supposed to be about. Kyle clearly beat the throw home and slid straight through the plate. Standing above the plate all you can see is did he cross it and did he slide with his foot down and that's all that should matter. Not did he slide in such a way his cleat was technically 3mm above the plate, that's not baseball.

I get what your saying but if he was tagged before his foot touched the plate he's not safe and out is the correct call.

What's the difference in him getting there .03 sec after the ball gets there or his foot is 3 mm above the plate? Out it is no matter the circumstances.
Johnsy3
AG

Yiiiikes look at this ump scorecard
bearkatag15
AG
Rangers going with an opener tonight to start then 2 rookies to follow in Bradford and White.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Rangers going with an opener tonight to start then 2 rookies to follow in Bradford and White.
So 3 hits and 1 run tonight?
mAgnoliAg
AG
linkdude said:

Big bonus for an undrafted FA. Dana must have his eye on him.

Wow

55 field
60 Arm (96 mph)
60 hit
60 power
Big Al 1992
AG
Lost in all the foot down or not, horrible strike calls, I 100% agree with this. Dude was nails and hopefully becomes a better option than broken Montero and broken Stanek.
Dusty should've let him have a third inning.

spadilly
S
I, too, would like to throw my name out there as an undrafted free agent available to sign.
bearkatag15
AG
Replay of the game is on. Chas is up with bases loaded in the first… hope he can connect
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

bearkatag15 said:

After the 10 spot last night it's almost a guarantee.
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

bearkatag15 said:

After the 10 spot last night it's almost a guarantee.
Yordan HR and JP throws a CG shutout.
Farmer1906
AG
Dusty says we're still waiting to see on Yordan. He has two lineups written.
Farmer1906
AG
Dusty dropped a comment earlier that he had a rule "no off the field Injuries" and Chas broke that with his back earlier in the weight room. I guess we know part of the early season irregularity.
Farmer1906
AG
Dusty is backing up what Ketch said. Yordan wants to play in the field and he's not satisfied as just a DH.
chico
AG

Zoom up of Tuck scoring the winning run
Mr.Bond
AG
Johnsy3 said:

Yiiiikes look at this ump scorecard

Shocked I didn't see Ron Kulpa or CB Bucknors name
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Dusty is backing up what Ketch said. Yordan wants to play in the field and he's not satisfied as just a DH.
All guys do.

I also believe Yordan also see the stats when he plays the field vs when he doesn't, which probably is a big reason why he wants to play the field.
Farmer1906
AG
Dusty talks about the stress on young arms in the rotation and in the bullpen. Everyone wants to make a trade but then they want to ask for Hunter Brown. Brings up the missing draft choices hurting depth.
Mr.Ackar07
MAROON said:

Beerosch said:

Beau Holder said:

Please let today be Free Yordan Day

I'm hoping so. I have diamond club seats tonight. Astros fan my whole life and this is the first time I've ever had seats like this. I'm pretty stoked
Get there early to eat and enjoy the club. Get the fried chicken. Also don't forget later it the game to go back into the club and hit up the ice cream sundaes and the great candy table.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is Pressly World Series replica ring night - everyone in the Diamond Club gets the give aways. Tonight you get Hello kitty.

Isn't this one a special ticket giveaway? Do they hand those types out to the Diamond Club?
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Dusty dropped a comment earlier that he had a rule "no off the field Injuries" and Chas broke that with his back earlier in the weight room. I guess we know part of the early season irregularity.

That's a super interesting comment. A little weird in context as you want guys keeping in shape, but maybe Chas went outside of some regiment or approved workout? Not sure how the Astros handle in-season workouts with the guys.
OKCAg2002
AG
Get ready to have Yanier on the bench now that Yordan is coming back. Julks will get more of his ABs at DH. Because #Dusty.
Furlock Bones
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Dusty talks about the stress on young arms in the rotation and in the bullpen. Everyone wants to make a trade but then they want to ask for Hunter Brown. Brings up the missing draft choices hurting depth.

We absolutely got ****ed by the league and people still think we got a slap on the wrist
Farmer1906
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Get ready to have Yanier on the bench now that Yordan is coming back. Julks will get more of his ABs at DH. Because #Dusty.

He gave Yainer some credit. Says walkoffs get a bottle of red and the lineup card. Compliments his bat and arm. Says he could be even better once he learns the strike zone. Still needs to work on calling a game.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

OKCAg2002 said:

He gave Yainer some credit. Says walkoffs get a bottle of red and the lineup card. Compliments his bat and arm. Says he could be even better once he learns the strike zone. Still needs to work on calling a game.

Where is this conversation happening?
Farmer1906
AG

n_touch
Zoomed in some more for clarity

W
AG
Hello Kitty will be popular
Wabs
AG
Hmm...I haven't been overly impressed with Maldy's calling of games this season. And of course his bat has been historically horrible. Either play Diaz or trade for a vet (Perez) that can call a game AND hit.
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

Hello Kitty will be popular

The Wave crowd will be in full effect tonight
Furlock Bones
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

I'm steeling myself for Meyers to play center for the rest of the series.
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

Hmm...I haven't been overly impressed with Maldy's calling of games this season. And of course his bat has been historically horrible. Either play Diaz or trade for a vet (Perez) that can call a game AND hit.

If Diaz doesn't know how to call a game that doesn't explain his starts being almost a full run better ERA wise than Moldy.

It's just donkey being donkey. At least he's not benching Chas….yet.
MAROON
AG
Didn't realize that. Whenever I've been in Diamond we got the promotion item. But not sure if any were special promotions.
Faustus
Prosperdick said:

MAROON said:

Beerosch said:

Beau Holder said:

Please let today be Free Yordan Day

I'm hoping so. I have diamond club seats tonight. Astros fan my whole life and this is the first time I've ever had seats like this. I'm pretty stoked
Get there early to eat and enjoy the club. Get the fried chicken. Also don't forget later it the game to go back into the club and hit up the ice cream sundaes and the great candy table.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is Pressly World Series replica ring night - everyone in the Diamond Club gets the give aways. Tonight you get Hello kitty.

Not going to lie, the Hello Kitty bobblehead looks fabulous.
LC Wannabe
S
Have Josh Miller or the pitcher call the game. Either way, just catch Diaz more than once a week.
First Page Last Page
Page 1247 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.