***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,554,998 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's why is specifically said this year….

Pay all remaining this year and make them eat money from the remainder so we don't eat as much there when we need the money space.

But again not my money so chase the ring and go into the luxury tax
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah I've been seeing that buzz too and I'm trying to see if there's anything to it

Would not be shocked if it's JV related

Okay I haven't heard that it's finalized but I've been told it was picking up steam and very real

Anyone else included in the deal coming from the Mets?
Deluxe
AG
I hear all the concerns about JV's money commitment and age. One positive to adding JV is that he's only pitched 83 innings so far this year because he missed April. He should have alot more 2023 bullets in his tank. And lord knows we need 2023 bullets.
Bulldog73
AG
Honestly though, and I love Bregman, but I don't see us giving him 30 million again, with or without JV.
Mr.Ackar07
EastCoastAgNc said:

texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah I've been seeing that buzz too and I'm trying to see if there's anything to it

Would not be shocked if it's JV related

Okay I haven't heard that it's finalized but I've been told it was picking up steam and very real

Anyone else included in the deal coming from the Mets?
JV & Brooks Raley reunion!
E
AG
Should also hopefully be a spark plug to ignite the locker room
Deluxe
AG
E said:

Should also hopefully be a spark plug to ignite the locker room
I do think his stature in the game combined with his work ethic/intensity helped set the tone for our rotation.
bearkatag15
AG
We'll know soon if this is true. He's scheduled to pitch tomorrow for the Mets and there is no way we'd want him pitching for them if this is in fact done.
texasaggie2015
AG
No idea. I think this guy is jumping the gun a little bit.

Mets and Astros are absolutely engaged and talking about it. I don't think it's finalized. Anything is possible though.. maybe he knows something that I don't.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Bulldog73 said:

Honestly though, and I love Bregman, but I don't see us giving him 30 million again, with or without JV.

#truth
Deluxe
AG
The best part is if we get JV and he/Framber start 4/7 games in a playoff series, that means Maldy starts at least 4/7 games too.
Prosperdick
AG
I could see Crane getting frustrated at the lack of progress on the trade front or teams asking way too much and decided to pay a little more to get JV back. We know Crane loves him some JV.
Prosperdick
AG
Deluxe said:

The best part is if we get JV and he/Framber start 4/7 games in a playoff series, that means Maldy starts at least 4/7 games too.
If we have a healthy Yordan and Altuve we can afford to start Maldy and his noodle bat.
Wabs
AG
JV is scheduled to pitch tomorrow. Get him to Houston to pitch against the Arlingtons.
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

JV is scheduled to pitch tomorrow. Get him to Houston to pitch against the Arlingtons.
Minute Maid would be electric that's for sure.

ETA it would certainly be better than waiting to acquire him just seconds before the trade deadline ends.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Bulldog73 said:

If he continues at his 114 wRC+/3.3 WAR pace for the rest of this year and again next, no one will.

JV pushes us to the edge of the luxury tax and eats away the majority of the money to use on relievers and extensions this offseason. Do I care if Crane has to spend more money? Not really. Do I think Crane has an idea of what he's willing to spend / where he is comfortable ranking payroll-wise? Yes. I think it'd be silly to think a potential JV trade wouldn't greatly impact future signings until he's off the books.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Mets and Astros are absolutely engaged and talking about it. I don't think it's finalized. Anything is possible though.. maybe he knows something that I don't.

So if they got jv, I assume that would end the chase of Cease?
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

Minute Maid would be electric that's for sure.

ETA it would certainly be better than waiting to acquire him just seconds before the trade deadline ends.
Could you imagine how electric that would be? Don't announce anything. Just play Till I Collapse and have TK say "By God that's Verlander's Music".
AustinCountyAg
I have hard time believing JV would accept. Trade back to the Astros. I have a hard time believing NY would even want to trade him.
Wabs
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

texasaggie2015 said:

So if they got jv, I assume that would end the chase of Cease?
WhyNotBoth.gif
JDUB08AG
AG
I know it's not that simple but if he's good tomorrow why not today? Massive home series we have here. This is all just too cryptic and non committal for my taste at this point.

Yes, I'm also impatient.
bearkatag15
AG
JV's numbers have improved a lot since May.

May ERA - 4.80
June ERA - 3.33
July ERA - 2.08
Last 30 days - 1.74
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RC_57
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

More importantly, who is the blonde to Dusty's right?
tjack16
AG
I'd love to get Verlander back at a fraction of the cost
Farmer1906
AG
3B Paul 97
AG
tjack16 said:

Pay more and less players to give up.
bigjag19
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm envisioning the rangers reacting like Michael when Toby returned.
Post removed:
by user
Wabs
AG
Maybe we're waiting for JV's first start back to bring back Yordan and Altuve. Talk about electricity at MMP....
Farmer1906
AG

txags11
AG
I may be in the minority but montero has looked much better last handful of outings. I'm not ready to fully give up yet
jah003
S
Wabs said:

Maybe we're waiting for JV's first start back to bring back Yordan and Altuve. Talk about electricity at MMP....
A lineup with Altuve/Yordan (and Grae leading off I'm assuming)… JV on the mound.

Farmer1906
AG
txags11 said:

I may be in the minority but montero has looked much better last handful of outings. I'm not ready to fully give up yet

I think that money would be better spent elsewhere if we can get out of it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1207 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.