***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,556,420 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Just a couple weeks ago he was all but bragging at how aggressive we were going to be on the market this year. I get it. It takes two to tango, but acting like Arrighetti would be the acquisition we need/expected to make after his previous comments is laughable IMO.

He has to be careful with what he says on public record. If he seems desperate, teams will demand more in return. Take all of that with a grain of salt.

It's also his first year as a GM. He hasn't perfected the art of bsing yet
MaxPower
Mathguy64 said:

The AL Central is so bad. If you can't win a Division by at least going .500 you should be banned from the playoffs.
This is why I wish they would go back to two divisions per league.
agdaddy04
AG
Seems weird to have him in a picture holding up a ball that's says #3?
f1ghtintexasaggie
texasaggie2015 said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Just a couple weeks ago he was all but bragging at how aggressive we were going to be on the market this year. I get it. It takes two to tango, but acting like Arrighetti would be the acquisition we need/expected to make after his previous comments is laughable IMO.

He has to be careful with what he says on public record. If he seems desperate, teams will demand more in return. Take all of that with a grain of salt.

Understood, but if that's the case, perhaps it would have been best just to shut his trap from the beginning and let things work behind the scenes. One of the worst sins a first-year GM can make is overpromise and underdeliver IMO. Then again, maybe this is bluff of sorts to other teams who think we are desperate? I don't know, doubt any of us do. I do know that he has painted himself in such a corner publicly that he must make a splash or two...and I doubt Arrighetti will count as one to the fanbase.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

He sound exactly like the Marlins GM. She was on the radio the other day saying how this deadline might be slow due to the amount of sellers.

Some of the sellers are short term sellers. The Cardinals don't plan on sucking in 2024. They'll ditch the guys with 1 year left but probably keep guys like Goldy & Arenado.
Mathguy64
AG
Maybe it's just me, but Yordan has to be the sickliest large Cuban in the world.
W
AG
Yordan is injury prone unfortunately

will max out at 120 games played this year
W
AG
Machete is 10 of 84 at the plate in June & July
gougler08
AG
W said:

texasaggie2015
AG
There's also a reason he mentioned Arrighetti specifically. It's all a game. He's fishing for interest.
JYDog90
AG
W said:

He did get a hit last week so I think he's turning a corner.
BadAggie
AG
Hell yeah for a JV return if Mets covered some chunk of his contract.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

If he's only a hitter, he's still gonna demand a big return, just not as big. That would be the most angels thing ever
texasaggie2015
AG
Astros have also inquired on Lance Lynn (as well as a few other guys on the White Sox). He's pitching today. I'm assuming the interest comes from him being cheap and able to eat innings. Don't think he's a high priority by any means.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I appreciate you sharing what you hear with us.

That being said, I really hope they don't do this. They might view him as a reclaimation project, but he is as stubborn as they come, There have to be better guy out there.
Mathguy64
AG
Not only are the Mets dead in the East, they are all but dead in the WC. They are 8 games out and buried behind 4 other teams.

Cohen already decided not to can Showalter. Mistake #1.

Does he decide to keep this expensive POS team together or get back what he can? The problem is he doesn't care about the money.
BCEDAg
AG
Lynn is also tied for most homers given up this season to date - 23. No thanks. Maybe the Rangers will get him.
Ciboag96
1947 baseball players: "It's only a little shrapnel."

2023 baseball players: "my finger has a boo boo"

Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Astros have also inquired on Lance Lynn (as well as a few other guys on the White Sox). He's pitching today. I'm assuming the interest comes from him being cheap and able to eat innings. Don't think he's a high priority by any means.
That's not all he's eating.
BCEDAg
AG
Update on Lynn - he's already given up two homers in the first three innings tonight against the Braves. Now up to 25 homers given up.
Mathguy64
AG
BCEDAg said:

Update on Lynn - he's already given up two homers in the first three innings tonight against the Braves. Now up to 25 homers given up.

To be fair I'm betting that the Braves are getting to bat with Judge's and Albert's balls this season.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Hard no on Lynn.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

But we need a closer at the trade deadline!!
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
You can never have too many closers come the postseason!
linkdude
AG
Farmer1906
AG
linkdude said:

Mathguy64
AG
Let's hope Framber had his head screwed on straight tonight.
W
AG
looking for more vintage Angels defense tonight
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
infield single for Dubon
W
AG
Dubon gunned down at 2nd

picked the wrong pitch to run on
First Page Last Page
Page 1068 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.